Page 63 of 1,842 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Rooster7
elk hunting eh??? whistle cool smile

if you'd check your damn txt messages you'd see that you are invited.

pack your chit goofball!!

grin

grin As I replied, we will have to discuss. It is my busiest month of the year at work. Why does work have to get in the way of the important things in life??? confused

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Just as long as Dave don't end up with "Tzone" tattoo or Tzone with a "Northern Dave" tatoo or both.

Stan

OH no you didn't Stan. grin

How are things? Have you been shooting any yet?

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The Rooster crows...

Where ya been man?

Work does always find a way of getting busy in the fall. Espically in MN, WI, and MI. Must be the construction/outdoor nature of the work in these areas. Thats probably why we still live here though. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Roosetr, you lucky dog...er I mean bird. Bag your bags. Shoot big elk. Smile like heck.

Tom

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave, Daves Dad and Rooster go to Elk Camp, Because its Very Fun.. Suddenly got the blues clues song running through my head with all Dave's talk about tracks in the past. Dave Goes to Elk Camp, Dave goes to Deer Camp, Dave likes making hunting camp, Dave likes his canoe fishing camps, because its Very Fun... Barkk,Bark, Bark oooooooaaaahhhh.. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wabo,

I think it's time to find that Roy Orbison hat you're always talking about. grin

Hows the ark building coming along laugh

did your bow season start up yet? how did you do?

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
tzone,I'm getting better every day.Still no heavy recoil trigger pulling allowed.Every time I start to take the scoped .22 magnum to the range something comes up.Eventually I'll pass the magic 6 month,"OK you are fully healed" mark and get out there.
Thanks for asking.

Stan

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 09/16/08.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The waters are falling and the Arc/Boat building begins next summer on a Gatorboats designed DuckHunter,...LOL...

The hat is growing on me more and more I may just have to try it on again soon.

Bow Season is now open as of today and I won't be going for awhile yet as the honey do projects are not all completed.. Oh she wouldn't care but I'm on a mission, used 25 gallons of paint in the last 2 weeks so far.. The house is looking better then ever on the inside, she is pretty happy...lol Did wack a few teal already though.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Stan Hang in there buddy I hadn't fired a shot from ANYTHING since way back in Feb. up until 2 weekends ago myself.. Maybe thats my problem?? crazy blush It can be done Stan keep walking and you'll get strong again..

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good to hear Stan. good to hear.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
A little time spent on the honey-do-list now, goes a long long way come November.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
The Rooster crows...

Where ya been man?

Work does always find a way of getting busy in the fall. Espically in MN, WI, and MI. Must be the construction/outdoor nature of the work in these areas. Thats probably why we still live here though. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Roosetr, you lucky dog...er I mean bird. Bag your bags. Shoot big elk. Smile like heck.

Tom

Believe me! If I can find a way to swing it, you can color me there!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
sounds like a yes to me.

dust off those danner prong horns.

what you got for a boom stick?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
sounds like a yes to me.

dust off those danner prong horns.

what you got for a boom stick?

grin

Rooster,

I have a nice .338 you could use. laugh

sorry thats getting old, last time, I promise...I think

Tom

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
dang ole Tom trying to make me think he bought that M70 338 I was lusting for.

goofball. grin

my ole 300 webby puts the spank on them ole rubber nosed cows just fine.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm guessing the 300webby does just fine. from you pics, so does the .450 marlin.

you must like that recoil 'eh? you seem to have a lot of little guns in big fast cals...

try out one of those new fangled 416 garrets we were talking about the other day.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm a recoil pig.

boom! boom! boom!

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
wabo,
I intend to keep walking.In fact Monday I ramped the mile a day in the park up to two miles a day.Thanks for the encouragement.

Stan

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Way to go stan. I should be doing some walking myself. in about 3 weeks i'll find myself up in the mountains climbing switchback trails with a pack on my back & a rifle slung over my shoulder.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Stan, Way to go!!!! Good for you, if you don't already have one a Nice walking stick about 5 foot tall is a Nice thing to have along. I'd also consider taking a walk in different places like along a creek or river, through a wooded trail or the like to help breakup the everyday same surroundings.

Dave,

You better get at it and I've been slacking myself on this, fill that pack with 25 to 30 pounds of sandbags and walk half a day, one day a weekend and couple 1 hour walks like that a week and you'll be ready before you know it. My training for hunting season starts this Friday and I may even go bowhunting Friday evening too. Please don't tell me your going to carry a bolt gun over the lever though, your lever will never forget being left behind.. laugh

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wabo,
In 1985 I bought some land up in the north Georgia mountains.The first day I walked on it after the purchase I cut a cedar sapling and made a nice staff from it that accompanied me on the 81 miles of Appalachian trail I walked in Georgia.
I since have bought a lightweight aluminum extension walking staff but I have a different knob on top of it to allow me to use it for a shooting stick.It's slick.
I still have the old cedar one in the "sports" closet.(Where swmbo allows me to keep all my junque)I plan to use it again.

Stan

Page 63 of 1,842 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

202 members (308xray, 300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 34 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,253
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.