Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
sounds like a yes to me.

dust off those danner prong horns.

what you got for a boom stick?

Well I would have used my Ruger M77 7mm Mag but I came across this deal for a .338 M70. SUPER NICE! And what a deal! Holy Cow! I couldn't believe it! Found it right here on the campfire! Gun is in excellent shape. Only like 12 rounds fired through it for just over $600.00. I mean, for that price I can drag it up cliffs by a rope and use it to bust paths through thorn bushes etc. At the end of the hunt if I have to pawn it for a watch or something...NO BIG DEAL!

And the best part of it all was my wife said "go ahead and get it honey. You don't come across a deal like that everyday. I will just cut back a little on the groceries and the boys can get new shoes later."

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah, yeah, what ever grin

you & tzone are cut from the same cloth.

unfortunately, it's a brown chunk of cloth from the back of bozo the clown's shorts!! laugh

so, you goin or what?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
yeah, yeah, what ever grin

you & tzone are cut from the same cloth.

unfortunately, it's a brown chunk of cloth from the back of bozo the clown's shorts!! laugh

so, you goin or what?

grin

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

so, you goin or what?

As long as it wasn't the shorts he was wearing the day he judged the chili cookoff sponsered by Blatz beer....I'm ok with that. sick

No. I can't go. Sorry my friend. I just have way too much going on next month. Next year for sure since I'll have more time to prepare and plan for it. Thanks for the invite though!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oky doke.

have fun with your work & stuff...

"lord i poligize, that wernt nice etall.." grin

Something clever here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Well, I hope this topic does not go away.
It's what made me register and stop lurking. Wait, maybe thats not good thing! smile

Anyhoo.. It's a bit inspiring. I hope to do something similar with my kids in the future.
Keep it coming!

Doug

STILL clinging to my guns and my religion.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks Doug

And welcome to the forums even if you may have been lurking for a while & may not be exactly "new". Good to have you posting

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Thanks, I appreciate it and thanks for this thread!

STILL clinging to my guns and my religion.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alright, Ill have to post on your thread Dave. Not worth its own post but I gotta tell sombody who will undarstand.

I called a guy on craigslist who had a tree stand for sale.

"ya, it hooks to a tree,its big, rated 300lbs. I cant hunt anymore, bad eyes"

Im thinking, I hate hang on tree stands but for 25.00 I can hang it somewhere , and can wonder to it later in the week when all the other stands are burnt.

Get there and its a 2 pc climber smile made of alu, used but nice.

Ive wanted a climber and never forked out the cash. Im very excited to give it a try on a tree!!

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
awesome craigslist score!!

Wooooo!

ever work a climber before? grin

It'll make you wish trees were the same dia bottom to top! grin still though, climbers are really cool.

Something clever here.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
ALWAYS wear a safety harness when climbing.Great price on the climber.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one of those that Ive never worn. I will strap it to the climber and take your advice.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we're heading to the shack this morning. We'll put up the tzone tom ladder stand (I'll take pics of that) we'll do repairs to a home hade stand & possibly make one more. We'll shoot some rifles, maybe look for some grouse.

Have a good weekend all.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The tzone stand...I dig it. grin

smile like heck in those pics dave.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife doesnt think installing a new toilet is forplay frown

Remembering The 99
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Alright, Ill have to post on your thread Dave. Not worth its own post but I gotta tell sombody who will undarstand.

I called a guy on craigslist who had a tree stand for sale.

"ya, it hooks to a tree,its big, rated 300lbs. I cant hunt anymore, bad eyes"

Im thinking, I hate hang on tree stands but for 25.00 I can hang it somewhere , and can wonder to it later in the week when all the other stands are burnt.

Get there and its a 2 pc climber smile made of alu, used but nice.

Ive wanted a climber and never forked out the cash. Im very excited to give it a try on a tree!!

Gary
Ya Should Build One Of these.
I have had this for 14 Years Now.
[Linked Image]

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Northern Dave,
I don't post much, but thought I'd add to yours. I too had a deer camp. Two buddies from high school and I teamed up with my father and his 4th wife, and 52 acres were purchased for a camp. Alcohol was always something of an issue, but we were in our 20's and did a little drinking of our own. Then one buddy had a broken romance, and gave up. About that time my son came of age, and started. 8 point first year. But rather than grandparents being proud, they were bitter of his success. (shot off property) After 3 years of this, my son gave up hunting to go into army. (Airborne Ranger). Had a few employees come with to fill in gaps in ranks, but they always moved on. Then 25 year friend found his first true love, and she didn't want him to spend time with anyone else, so he decided to end our friendship. Then my father came down with alcohol induced dementia, and parkinsons, and his 4th wife put him in a nursing home and didn't bother to tell us kids. To quote-"he'll die, and none of you will ever now what happened to him". We found him anyway, and tried to assist him through a divorce. But he turned over all of his assets to her, and did not want to see it through. Now he lives in a another nursing home a couple of hours away, and I hunt alone in the arrowhead region of MN. 4th wife lives on the property, and tells anyone who'll listen that she'll shoot on sight if any of us appear. I don't post much, because I don't have much to say anymore. But I wish you and yours the best of luck. Hope you never have to go through the "death of a deer camp".

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
holy smokes tagabuck, I hope none of that happens to our camp!! Sep fer maybe the 8 point, I got no problems with an 8 point... in fact, I can't seem to get past the 8th point myself... mr 8 pointer the call me... they call me other stuff to tho... grin

Swish, what the heck? your woman don't see toilet instalation as 4-play? That's sad man, that's just sad frown

I feel 4 you brudda.

ok, update now. Lets see, should we start with things that dave broke or things that were fun & cool?

Lets do the cool stuff first.

oh I was a mowing fool! I wish I had taken pics of the opening I made under pam's stand. I had a nice mowed opening there last year but now it's twice as big. and I mowed a new trail, more direct route up to the boy's ground blind, Yer gonna like that boy!!!

and we did some exploring, I took the whole tribe on a deer stand repair route. First we fixed up the one we call the cable stand, cause it's by our gate which is just a cable with a lock on it.

Then we went to my uncles stand & fixed the ladder which was loose. My uncles stand had water standing in it on the floor, so, being the nice guy I am I used my cordless hole maker. (my side arm) to pop a few drain holes in the floor for him grin

While we were over by my uncles stand I showed Pam & the kids an old home site, just a hole in the ground & a few hints of what used to be. Well we found this old wood stove which was like finding treasure, or the kids thought so anyways! grin We'll hang a few of the cooler pieces of the stove on the wall at the shack.

Then I hung up the tzone stand..

Here's some pics.

young-un on the wheeler where we were fixing on one stand.
[Linked Image]

The stand we fixed on.
[Linked Image]

My uncles stand that we worked on a bit.
[Linked Image]

One of the bigger pieces of the treasure we found, old wood stove shell.
[Linked Image]

tzone stand on a cedar tree.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/taylorkodak021.jpg[/img]

And finally, stuff that dave broke. hydrolic oil filter.
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/taylorkodak023.jpg[/img]

what's this? uh oh.. that looks expensive blush
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/taylorkodak025.jpg[/img]

looks like a piece that should be up in here....
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/taylorkodak026.jpg[/img]

So, great weekend for the most part, sep fer the broken stuff that looks expensive...

Dave

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
My wife doesnt think installing a new toilet is forplay frown

well that schitty, sorry to hear that. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
tagabuck,

you've some bad luck. sorry to hear it. Shoot a big on nasty looking buck up there in the arrowhead. take some pictures, post them on here, and then you'll have lots to talk about.

good luck.

Tom

Page 64 of 1,842 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.