T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I'm in big touble aint I Tom?

Can I come stay with you for a while?

BIG trouble.

You know you can come down and stay. Fishin' hot right now too. I'll drive you back up in a few weeks.:)

Mrs.tzone get ornry this time of year though. something about me being "gone" until Thanksgiving.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh, well then. Must be a disease that all women fall victom too this time of year? the "ornry" grin

Oh no... I'm digging a hole now... must stop.....

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's hard to stop once you get started. maybe that's why the old lady don't like me...

see it's catchy. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Just had to ask didn't I

[Linked Image]

And Dave please stop

[Linked Image]

I figured Mrs ND wanted to go as well whistle
Hope you guys can plan it for the family next year , I mean what's a few days off of school and work compared to the quality experience of a family Elk hunt ?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by M1894; 09/25/08.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mrs ND, it is always good to hear from you even when you feel the necessity to comment on my smelly socks.LOL.We need comments from the kids on here also.After all it's a family forum.Right?

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Mrs. NDave, Great seeing you here!!!

Please don't hold Dave in the doghouse for too long as I was tough on him to go hunting with his Dad. I know the getting away from the kiddo problems all to well, its been years since my wife and I had a Real date.

However I lost my Dad 6 years ago and Dave knows this, I urged him to go even if he had to borrow money to do it. Personally I would quit a job, chop off half my toes or loose some fingers maybe a whole leg or arm just to go with my Dad again. Dave NEEDS to go and I hope next year you can make it workout so you can go too, heck why not this year take the family!!!! Sorry Dave I had to bring it to a thought ask Gramps to cover the bill...lol... Bet he would if he could too! wink at Gramps!

I know you understand I'm being alittle mushy here to but THANKYOU guys for keeping this thread alive and letting us share with your family events. It reminds me Everyday that time is Precious and make the most of it in the outdoors is Good for the soul and mind. Your thread helps me live while I'm at work I can be outdoors sometimes just inside and outside in this one thread... Absolutly Wonderful!!!! wink crazy wink

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
whew, i figured Stan was gonna let me have it!!

(cause I got it comin ya know, I know I do)

grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
wow, wabster hit the enter button 8 second before me. funny how that works. this thread sleeps then wammo! double or triple whammy! Too funny!

Thanks Wabo.

"don't know what you've got until it's gone"

I know bud, I know it all too well myself.

Well just got off the phone with my uncle that comes up & hunts with us, at the start of the thread he is pictured helping us with the setting of the rafters on the shack.

He & my aunt are coming up, the boy who I refer to as my nephew is coming up, his youngest sis as well... possibly the middle sis too!! And get this, my uncles daughter, my cousin... my late best friends sister... she is coming up as well to see this place for the first time.

It's panning out to be one for the record books, I love this particular family so much, so many good memories from childhood with them while growing up with my bud. now, this weekend I get my buddy's mom & dad & his sister up here to spend the weekend with me & my family out at this deer camp we raced to throw together last year this time following the loss of my best bud.

My cousin, my best friend of 37 years... I really think he sure would get a kick out of the crew we'll have together for the wekend!

I say best friends for 37 years, but that's just counting our time together alive... He's still my best friend and I have enough memory of him to reflect upon in most any situation where I would ordinarily need him to feel as though he is still here.

Anyways, i get to hang out with his mom & pop, his sister too, his boy, at least one of his girls for sure...

It's gonna be a fun weekend.

on another note...Pam's got the heebee-jeebees, or a sinus cold or something, she's pretty sick & I think she's trying to give it to me, sabotage my elk trip!! shocked

But I been takin care of her anyways. I made home made chicken soup. not too bad either.

Lets hope she kicks this crap quick cause she's the one supposed to be taking care of me!! grin

Till later,

Dave

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave I'm right there with you on understanding losing your best friend.My best friend/ex-college room mate/"adopted" brother/hiking partner Tom died unexpectedly this year in February.There is not a day goes by that I do not miss him.I know your driving force.It's a realization that life is fleetingly short and you gotta put your absolute best into it.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Stan,

Do you ever sleep?

grin

Thanks

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wow, I can't believe I'm posting 2 times in 2 days, so not like me.
Wabo-I totally understand what you are saying about spending time with one's dad. I actually am getting over being mad, and turning more to being jealous. Simply reason is...my dad told me he has emphazemia. Guess you can't smoke for 50 yrs and have it not affect you. So now I'm looking back at the time and I simply had a 'childhood' relationship with him. Got married at 19 and now its an occassional once a year visit. Tough because I've already started the regrets. He doesn't really ever call and ask for me to do things with him. One memory I will hold true to my heart is my senior year in high school when he and I went hunting, like we did for many years before that. But that was the year I got my 8 point buck in sleet and snow. He come running and blurted out " I was wondering when you were gonna shoot". Won't forget it, its like it happened yesterday.
From here forward, maybe I need to take the steps to build something w/dad, I need to call, I need to go home and plan things for us to do because I know before long he'll be gone.
But as far as Dave goes, I'm very happy he has his dad. I'm glad he has him and does these hunting trips, glad he spends time with him simply "bs-ing". Its a good thing.
So officially Dave is out of the doghouse...he just needs to nurse me back to health because I really do feel like crap! grin
Sorry all for the mush, but I had to explain somewhat. Now I'll be quiet for a couple months until I get forktoe and Dave has to put the pics on the thread. That will kill him I'm sure.

"I'm not crying!!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great, all this sappy stuff got me thinking about all the family and friends I've lost all to soon. Getting me all teared up.

I would quit my job, sell my house, and all my belongings to hunt with my hunting mentor, my uncle Rick, one more time. He died from cancer when I was 11. So I never got to go on a real live carring a gun hunt with him. Spent many many hours in the woods with him hunting, but I would love for him to be with me. I would love to drag his buck out for him, share a beer around a campfire, laugh and tell dirty jokes.

mrsnortherndave,

nice to see you let northerndave back into the house, it's going to get cold out ya know. smile You'll forgive him when he makes those elk tender loins for supper when he gets back.

Now get rid of that cold so you can get out in the woods with your family this weekend.

Tom

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well I guess we need to look at the passing of those loved ones as a sign of sorts. It only makes us closer to others that we may have otherwise not been to close to.
This weekend will be a blast, I'm very excited. I just love Dave's uncle and aunt. I see glimpses of the lost best friend and its like he's with us in a way. Miss that guy!
tzone- I had to let him back in, I didn't want him down there w/you...oh boy!!!

"I'm not crying!!"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What's going on in here???

grin

this is crazy talk... I won't hear of it... Pam shooting my forky toed buck.... phshhhht! Yeah right!! That ole boy is mine!!

wink

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave

tzone- I had to let him back in, I didn't want him down there w/you...oh boy!!!

Why not? We'd stay outta troube. whistle It's not like we'd drink beer and talk smart all week...jeeesssh! grin

There's nothing to do down here anyway. We'd probably have to fish and hunt or something silly like that.

I'm in the doghouse pretty constant, so I know how it goes.

I'm going to our camp here today to. Going up with my wife's uncle and my father in law. I'll try to take pictrues of the weekend fun and games. Then if I could only find somebody who knows how to post pics on here....hmmmm. I'll have to ask around I guess. wink

Have fun this weekend.

Tom

Last edited by tzone; 09/26/08.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Mrs. NorthrnDave,

You are too kind to my buddy Dave..LOL... I sure hope you kick that sickness out the door and have a Wonderful weekend with your family at camp!

Good Luck with your Dad I know its tough finding time and you know I'm sending my Best wishes to you on Dave's ole forkytoes too.

Thats right Dave I hope Pam shoots Ole Forky this year!!! Because that means you'll be stuck with Ole Mossytoes...LOL,, Have a Great weekend you guys!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pam,

Sorry to hear about your dad. Reminds me that I should call mine up in Britt, north of Virgina. Same for me, only talk once or twice a year.

On the bright side, this thread started with the shack, a place to bring you and your kids, and yes, Dave together, building a lifetime of memorys like your senior Buck.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that bar still open in Britt?

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dont know, havnt been up there in years blush Ive got a 4 yr old he aint never met.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Page 66 of 1,842 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.