Shame on you.

Git r done.

Something clever here.

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Get Dad and the four year old together one way or another!

No wonder I've been thinking about my Dad the last couple of days ALot more the usual, just talked with his sister my Aunt, today would've been my Dads Birthday.. It has already been 6 years, I miss him....

Dave and Family Enjoy a Great weekend, I'm going to take my kids camping too starting tonight.. Wife doesn't know it yet but we ARE going!!!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
dad and ma what are you talking bout?!? that deer ,ole forky toe, is mine!! ohhh yeah you better believe it! this isnt a joke! hes mine! kabooom! flop! mine right on the spot! he will be in my scope that is on my rifle that i will be holding, and i will pull that trigger! yeah! thats my plan!

right guys you could see me shooting the big ole forky toe.. i sure can! ha! grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Uh,Oh!Ole Forky toes has problems now.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
darn right he does! lol

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Looks like Mom and Dad are going to find out there IS a new Sheriff in town, the name is Weezy!!! grin

Wait till Dave watches The Weezy,The Boy and The Mrs. Dave All wack a monster, Dave will then be on a mission like never before seen. Ole Rutty Bucks left in the woods won't stand a chance to the 300... Dave ya better go buy another supply of Miller for the festivities ahead!
wink wink wink

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
holy moly am I tired & sore grin out of shape I tell ya.

Well I got good news, then I got better news.

Good news is I fixed the tractor & It's back in the mowing business, we also got a couple of deer stands built, got some firewood hauled, got a real nice new fire ring, had a great weekend, fun & productive.

That's the good news in a nutshell. The great news is that My uncle is going on the elk trip with us in less than 2 weeks!

This guy pictured right here hoisting rafters for the deer camp shack late last summer when we were building.
[Linked Image]
My buddy's dad, my uncle. He said "I've always wanted to do a trip like that, I'm kind of running out of time." Well I don't know about running out of time, I sure hope not. But he's going & he'll be the perfect addition to our crew that we have lined up so far. It's going to be a great trip I tell ya.

Now I'll have to see what I can find for pictures from the weekend. I know weezy was taking some while we were putting up the last stand. I'll see what I can find.

Dave

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh BOY!!! ...ahhh i mean girl grin

You git 'em Weezy. get that ol forky toe. git him like heck.

...Weezy's gonna git dat forky toed buck.... did you see da forky toe, did you see da forky toe?, she's gonna git dat forrrrky toed buck. laugh

northern_dave,

you're in trouble man, troube I say. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Weezy's goona give you a run for your money...well at least ask you for your money

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wabo,

I got a feeling ol Dave would be smiling like heck if all those guys got a monster.

I know he would be.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I better sharpen up my knives and roll up my sleaves.... there's gonna be a lot of gutting to do.

Especially with one brand new deer hunter in the mix this year. My 11 year old boy will be hunting with me this year too. Oh boy, I got a feeling I'm going to be tired of field dressing by the time this season is over... grin

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
my dad showed me how to gut one deer. for the next 20 years, I've been doing his and mine...all of them. smile thanks dad.

The first few were pretty messy, but it's not so bad now. I remember it taking about a half hour the first few times too. Now I can do a good job in about 10 min, I can do an OK job in about 7 if it's getting dark. Then I'll do the rest at camp.

maybe you should buy a "guttin' shirt", it sounds like it's going to be a messy season. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah, maybe just get a cheap rainsuit?

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Go get 'em Weezy! Give me a holler and I'll get you the number of a good taxidermist. You can have him on speed dial and have him lined up before your Dad even takes his guttin knife out! smile

oops that reply went to Stan. It is meant for weezy. I'm not callin Stan weezy. He be walkin too much to get weezy!

Last edited by Rooster7; 09/29/08.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Weezy snapped a couple of pictures while we were putting up this stand for the boy.

we don't have pictures of it with the wall frame up but we did complete that as well, now just need to sheet the walls. It's going to be a nice stand.

me in the loader bucket bringing the floor up.
[Linked Image]

our loader operator.
[Linked Image]

Centering the floor on the support beams.
[Linked Image]

Like I said, we got further on it but I don't have pictures, maybe next time.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What are ya packin for the side arm Dave? That for pesky red squriels of floor ventilation? grin

Please tell me the boy will be climbing a ladder and not up the tree. crazy Oh to be 17 again.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah we'll be building a good ladder the next time we are out. gonna need 14 foot legs cause it's 12' off the ground.

ruger MKII stainless, target barrel.

Grouse.

self protection from these grouse we've got.

They've got tusks you know, run by & rip your leg open, and they peck real hard too.

OK, I may have made most or all of that up..... grin

but I aint to sportsman like to pass up a ground shot out to 25 yds on a timber chicken grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
so what yer sayin' is your grouse have hard peckers? grin

I ain't afraid to pound a few on the ground. They taste the same as the flyin ones. laugh

Is that in place of the ground blind, or a new spot?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yes, good guess. It is in place of the ground blind, just set back in the woods a little further, ground blind can be seen out ahead of this new mansion stand.

He did a real nice job, I like his design, he had a shooting window that is a continuous band 360* around the 4' x 6' enclosed stand.

it's going to be really nice when it's done.

I'll have to make one very much like it for pam hopefully before season this year.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I'll have to make one very much like it for pam hopefully before season this year.

maybe you could call her's the doghouse, sinc you've been spending so much time in it. grin

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
hahah! yeah im a girl! and i cant wait for dad to gut out my big ole forky toe! grin

well maybe i better take it easy on everybody.. dont want to hurt the feelings and stuff... hah!
but oh my do i want that forky toe! who does he think he is? he was walking right around the cabin and outhouse!! i gotta show him whos boss and lay out the smack down! grin i mean enough is enough! haha!

but i sure had a great weekend! and cant wait till deer season is here!

Page 67 of 1,842 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (6mmCreedmoor, 007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.