Print Thread
Hop To
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I have never owned one, I don't like the 9mm but my wife shoots a Glock model 19 well, and this gun seems to fit her hand better. Is the gun as reliable as a Glock 19?

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes! I attended a law enforcement instructor's school with one new in a box and fired close to 900 rounds in that week without cleaning it once! I wanted to see if I could stop it. It wouldn't stop!

By the way, during that school, I witnessed a few stoppages. One of the most interesting was a Glock that lost its front sight! Darn plastic thing! Anyone who puts a plastic sight on a gun has to be a liberal!

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
the XD must have a metal front sight? I have shot the pxss out of my 19 over the 13 or so years I have owned it. It has the glow in the dark trijicons and I think they are metal. My 10mm has the plastic sight it is still on there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only downfall of a glock is the sights at least for me, I always switch them to Trijicons Night Sights on glocks. The XD is a newer firearm out so it doesn't have the track record of a glock or other firearms, but the reviews and the few I have seen seem to shoot and function just fine. You should be able to find them in the Mid 400.00's depending on your area? Enjoy. Esox357.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I carry conceal an XD subcompact 9mm in a Galco IWB holster ALL the time. I've got about 1000 rounds thru it. Last shot it at the range about 2 weeks ago and shot 100 rounds downrange, never stopping, just kept reloading and shooting until both boxes were gone. Needless to say, the bbl was a bit warm to the touch but it's NEVER jammed and has fed everything I've put thru it including +P Corbon ammo whenever I do shoot it. The XD is a GREAT pistol and the most reliable pistol I've ever owned. I have 3 XD's (one is a 45 Tactical for my BR gun) and shoot all extensively and for self defense, NONE better and NONE more reliable. And with the grip safety, completely reliable to NEVER go off accidentally unless "I" do something stupid. All IMHO of course.

Last edited by bearclaw46; 09/29/08.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
those DAO type handguns IMO will never be all that accurate if you ask me. I prefer a gun with an exposed hammer that can be fired SA those type guns will usually allow a much better trigger job with a lower pull weight, look at CZ for such a gun for bang for the buck

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Cumminscowboy: Sorry, I was talking about a self defense pistol. Guess I should have clarified. I do totally agree w/you about accuracy and a single action. The pull is definitely lighter and that really helps accuracy but the XD pull isn't that much heavier, even out of the box. And for self defense purposes, I'm looking for speed AND for all my rounds (if possible) to go in an 8" pie plate at 3 to 10 yards "rapid" fire which my 3" sub compact will definitely do between 3 and 7 yds. The 3" pistol is strictly a belly gun and it's intended purposes are not conducive to shooting 1/2" groups rapid fire. Also, on most single actions i.e. 1911's, CZ 75's, you've got a thumb safety to contend with before it'll go bang. For speed and self defense, I don't want a thumb safety to have to remember or another step I have to take between getting a round at/in a perp or a bad guy and him getting a round off at me. Speed and pie plate accuracy are your friend in a close gunfight, which 90% of all gunfights are 7 yards or closer. Also, the XD has a loaded chamber indicator you can FEEL (if it's dark) and a nipple on the rear you can feel if it's cocked, something I REALLY like about the XD. This coming from a 1911 lover but has since converted to XD's for self defense. Now if I were going to be shooting in accuracy matches, I'd want my 1911 with me or your CZ75.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an Sub Compact XD 9mm That I carry in a Tennessee Gun Works IWB Holster.

I also have a Sub Compact XD 40 that I carry in a Simply Rugged Pancake Holster..

Actually both holsters are interchangible with both pistols.

The XD 9mm w/Tennessee Holster's IWB Holster.

[Linked Image]

The XD 40 w/Simply Rugged Holsters Silver Dollar Pancake Holster.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by W7ACT; 10/05/08.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (222ND, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 44mc, 7887mm08, 160user, 24 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,646
Posts18,533,760
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.