Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Favorite Halibut Chunks

halibut fillets
melted butter
garlic powder
potato chips, crushed

Add garlic powder to the melted butter, to taste. Cut halibut fillets into 1" cubes or similar sized chunks. First roll the halibut pieces in garlic butter, and then into crushed up potato chips. Place on a cookie sheet, evenly spaced. Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes.

Alternate Version:

Roll halibut chunks in ranch dressing and then in crushed Ritz crackers. Same bake time and temp.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
For those of you who are just saying, "You can use any recipe I've posted," you have to realize that someone has to search for those to publish them UNLESS you repost (cut and paste) them in this thread. That's what THIS thread is for. If you want to start a new thread for a recipe, that's fine, but have the courtesy to repost it here so the person compiling the recipes doesn't have to search around for them. Thanks.

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sounds good, but are your temp/time correct?.....10 minutes @ 500 degrees; sounds hot/long for 1" cubes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
For those of you who are just saying, "You can use any recipe I've posted," you have to realize that someone has to search for those to publish them UNLESS you repost (cut and paste) them in this thread. That's what THIS thread is for. If you want to start a new thread for a recipe, that's fine, but have the courtesy to repost it here so the person compiling the recipes doesn't have to search around for them. Thanks.

then don't use them. Simple as that Hawkeye............

thanks

Last edited by Mannlicher; 09/09/08.

Sam......

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

then don't use them. Simple as that Hawkeye............

thanks

I can understand Mannlicher not wanting to go to extra trouble -- his choice. He has already gone to a lot of trouble for us in typing in some great recipes!

However, I think I have a number of his recipes saved on my hard disk, and if I do I will post them. I have tried at least 4 of his recipes and all have been great!

I immediately delete any recipe from my hard disk that isn't great, but unfortunately I may not have noted who posted some of the "keeper" recipes (several of which I think were posted by Mannlicher -- many other "keepers" were posted by Stetson). smile

I will see what I can find this weekend...

By the way, I hope we can include many of Stetson's recipes too!

John

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any one can include any of my recipes. Any thing I post here is for you guys to use. I type with one finger so re-posting recipes is a big production for me. With all I have going on right now I just don't have time for that. If Rick gives the project the green light I'll be more than happy to contribute more in the future.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two killer recipes for when you're fortunate enough to have a leg of young venison or lamb on hand....

Crying leg of lamb
5-6 lb leg of lamb or venison
6-8 cloves garlic
rosemary and thyme, fresh, minced
olive oil
3 lb potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
butter

Rub meat with oil. Make small, deep slashes in lamb and poke 2 cloves of garlic cut into slivers in the pockets. Dust with herbs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place potatoes in layers in a buttered baking pan larger than the length of the lamb with salt, pepper, minced garlic and a bit of butter. Set dish on bottom rack in the oven. Place lamb above the potatoes directly on the oven rack so drippings will fall on the potatoes. This is how the recipe received its name. Roast in a 425 oven for 1 hr 30 min. Stir up potatoes once or twice during cooking. Slice meat and arrange on top of potatoes.

Roast venison with mustard

5 lb leg of venison
1/2 - 3/4 cup dijon mustard
2 tbsp soy sauce
2-4 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp herbs de provence
1/4 tsp ginger
2-3 tbsp olive oil

Beat mustard, soy sauce, garlic, thyme and ginger together and continue beating while adding olive oil in drops. Paint the leg with this mixture and refrigerate several hours before roasting in a 350 oven for 1 1/4 hours medium rare or 1 1/2 hours well done. I like to do mine to an internal temp of 165...it comes out perfect, with a nice mustard crust that keeps the meat very moist.

Last edited by Whip; 09/11/08.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You need to get Wldthg's recipe for Venison Orsini, Maybe He'll cough it up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How about a Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch recipe from an extremely busy retiree, with a working wife. Mock Spanish Omelet.

Walk by the stove, place skillet on stove, and turn burner to high while adding oil. Go to fridge and get 2 eggs, 1 slice of cheese, and salsa. Back to the stove, turn burner down to med and break the 2 eggs in the pan. Run a fork across the yokes to break them. Salt and pepper. Turn when ready. Add cheese to one egg and 2 spoons of salsa to the other. When eggs are done, put cheese egg on a plate (I use paper)and the salsa egg on top of it. It takes me longer to type this than to cook it. I add garden veggies, when in season. Works great with toast and/or red beer. Good luck.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
One of My favorites. Venison Oscar: Grill (6) 1" Tenderloin medallions over coals. Keep rare. Saute some sliced fresh mushrooms in madiera or marsala wine and butter. lightly saute some lump crab in butter. lightly saute some aparagus in butter. Make a couple cups of Bernaise sauce.(Comes in a packet)
On a platter, cover with toast, place the medallions on the toast, cover with the mushrooms,place a layer of the crab on top of the mushrooms, place a layer of the asparagus on top of the crab. Cover all with the bernaise. Run under a broiler or place in the oven just to heat it up and serve. Serves 6-8. You can substitute a mix of butter and olive oil, use imitation crab, and use brocolli.

IC B3

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Sorry I seemed to have disappeared
The little hurricane that made a run thru this area it was just the tail well, it took out my computer internet modem, the phones and Giles's sat. TV So after many service men the mountain house is connected to the world again
KEEP THOSE RECIPES COMING
I still haven't heard from Rick???

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So, Bueford - Where is "The Montain House"? I leared the "oscar" recipe in the Adirondeerdacks. Stillwater Hotel, to be specific.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 34 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,761
Posts18,515,157
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.