Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
bcjames Offline OP
OP Offline
B
My buddy and I just got back from our elk hunt in northern BC. We managed to get a couple nice bulls and a bonus mule deer buck. The archery deer season just happened to overlap our elk hunt and we brought the bows along just incase someone tagged out early on elk...and thats just what happened! The very next day after dropping a 6x7 bull elk my buddy happened across a small group of mulies and I was able to tag along with the camera.
enjoy!
http://www.realoutdoorproductions.com/2008vids/chrisarcherybuck08/chrisarcherybuck08.html

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cool video, nice job! - suprised that background music did not scare him off!

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Nice video but, what's with all the fences?

I don't mean any disrespect by the qeustion. I'm just curious.

Last edited by lucznik; 10/02/08.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by lucznik
Nice video but, what's with all the fences?

U.S./Canada border maybe?? laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Ok good Mulie Tell us where this is. Looks Like a mighty High fence to me . No disrespect but prove US Wrong, if not anyone can do this and Better all it takes is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm gonna take a wild shot at it, high fence protects crop land from depradation, and they are outside of that.

Now the quote the deer sorta knew I was there... bullshit, they both knew you were there, just not sure of friend or foe, young and dumb they were.

As an aside, folks that think that a fence means easy, isn't always so, I've been on 10K acre fenced places and not tame raised deer.... but you sure can't tell for suer, could be a few hundred acres of penned stuff to.

Answer will be interesting.

BTW I saw a clip on a bowshow a week or so back, OBVIOUS that the deer in Canada were comign across and open field to eat by a ground blind and baited there, I sent an email assuming I'd get a declination, but they admitted the baiting and said it helped to be able to film for sure... refreshign to at least find honesty.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
There are some high fence operations in northern Canada,but I doubt these guys were on them.That looks like typical crop fields adjacent to bush,which is pretty common in the Peace River region of northern Alberta and BC.
That is pretty typical terrain,until you get to the breaks of the Peace River itself,which is rougher,forested,and lots more up and down...

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
bcjames Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the comments!

The "high-fence" in the video encloses about a 1 acre size lot where the rancher stacks his hay for the winter. He put it up about two years ago due to the large number of elk that were all over it during the late winter months.

The hay field that the deer were in was next to the enclosure. The best approach for a stalk was right up along side it as the bush surrounding the field was quite thick.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good hunt and a nice buck.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

292 members (257 mag, 1badf350, 160user, 260Remguy, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 29 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,327
Posts18,526,535
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.