Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Well boys:

I think Palin did a good job last night. She was well prepared with stock, middle of the road answered. I was surprised that she did not shove her foot into her mouth as expected. I was very disappointed how she side stepped moist questions and always circled back to familiar ground �In Alaska� which was a good strategies for the campaign. This limited her damage but did little to show that she could operate on her feet and under pressure. Biden also did a good "middle of the road" job and both candidates should of been more aggressive but both chose the middle of the road.

GB4

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
She did better then I expected her to do. She's definetly more of an average citizen then most politicians, which is refreshing.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Well boys:

I think Palin did a good job last night. She was well prepared with stock, middle of the road answered. I was surprised that she did not shove her foot into her mouth as expected. I was very disappointed how she side stepped moist questions and always circled back to familiar ground �In Alaska� which was a good strategies for the campaign. This limited her damage but did little to show that she could operate on her feet and under pressure. Biden also did a good "middle of the road" job and both candidates should of been more aggressive but both chose the middle of the road.

She did fine. Give her 4 years of playing with the big boys in Washington and she'll be crazy good...

D
D
It is about time we had an average citizen in office rather than the usually politics. Biden HAS not done anything for De. for the past 16 yrs. He says one thing and does the opposite. Biden and is two other amigos (carper, and castle) need to be voted out of office. We call them the three stooges.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Silken ringlets of freshly dyed curls framed Palin's face as she arrived on stage in a little black dress from the Roberto Cavalli collection. The Prada stiletto heeled pumps she wore lifted and added tone to her classically shaped buttocks--which evoked immediate appreciation from the more repressed male members of the viewing audience.

"Whooo-eeEEEEeee,...'hit moved like 2 cats fightin' in a burlap sack!", one attendee who sported an 'Eat Mo' Possum' T-shirt was heard to say.

Palin occasionally interspersed her rhetoric with large eyed expressions, winks, and pursed lips, which also went over well with most members of the male audience, but which prompted one spandex clad female audience member to state, "If she had puckered that face up at Rufus one more time, she'd be grinnin' without any front teeth from now on."

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well boys:

Whew, I'm sure glad you thought she did a good job........

I was starting to worry, but now that we have a positive assessment from someone of your caliber I can sleep better now.

Geesh, if someone with your credentials with respect to evaluating debates had thought she had done poorly, I'm sure the Republican party would have been doomed!!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Despite Bristoe's attempt at humor, I think Sarah Palin did a good job in the VP debate last night.

μολὼν λαβέ
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
i missed it but glad she did good

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think she hit a home run with the public. She talked to the American people, not Joe Biden and the shifty moderator; she stood her ground well. Hopefully this can help generate some momentum for McCain.

Wook

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by nemesis
Well boys:

Whew, I'm sure glad you thought she did a good job........

I was starting to worry, but now that we have a positive assessment from someone of your caliber I can sleep better now.

Geesh, if someone with your credentials with respect to evaluating debates had thought she had done poorly, I'm sure the Republican party would have been doomed!!!

More so than they already are? Ya I guess your right!

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
To be honest, I watched a half hour or so. It didn't matter WHAT she said or how it came out, I know she has my vote.
I keep thinking back to the "Founding Fathers" setting up 2 and 4 year terms for Congressmen and Senators. They DIDN"T want "CAREER" Politicians, they wanted new people in office with short terms doing their personal best.
We have a 2 term limit on the Presidancy, the Highest office in the Counrty, why in hell don't we have a 2 term restriction on EVERY ELECTED person????
Biden has been in office, what, some 30 years plus.
I sure would like to go back to the old days when we ran this Country with some heart instead of politics and what I can get out of it..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1 Ruger 4570

or if they don't want term limits, lets set a national referendum that after 4 years their salary, benefits and pension go down by 1/2 each year they remain in office.

then we can find out who really wants to serve their country

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
She did fine.

Retired cat herder.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'd vote for her regardless of party affiliation.

Jeff
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by let_me_in
I'd vote for her regardless of party affiliation.

Thank you George. My 401-k thinks you suck!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I thought she did great until I watched TV today and read the paper. Apparently I watched a different debate.

Go Sarah. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think she did well, but then again I'm not interested in anything Biden or his ilk has to say.

Last edited by stevelyn; 10/03/08.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
D
D
ruger4570

i m glad you agree with me with biden needs to get out of office.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 42 invisible), 2,083 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,992
Posts18,481,109
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.