Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by nemesis
Who are you calling a "car wreck" you stupid hillbilly Canuck?

Why aren't you posting on some liberal azz Canuck forum instead of intruding here?

Or is it because you can't find two friggin' Canucks up there that are literate enough to engage in a two-way conversation?

You and that other idiot BC Bumbles have a lot of nerve coming on an American internet forum and make rude and insulting remarks about our country..........

Just remember, the only reason you fools exist up there is because this country is willing to invest huge amounts of money and American lives defending gutless wonders like you all over the world.

What's wrong? ...... run out of bananas?

Seen some billies inthe U P warin' Nugent camo

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Someone didn't get their dose of prozac today? Don't tell him about the Canadian men and women that have died in Afghanistan fighting alongside his countrymen. Gutless wonders? Gotta love the internet. wink

No don't tell me about that MASSIVE force of 2500 Canadians currently in Afghanistan and how much the Canadian people REALLY want them there...........

"Strategic Counsel poll: The majority 61% of Canadians oppose sending troops to Afghanistan, while only a minority 35% support it. Forming the largest group of respondents, 33% of Canadians "strongly oppose" sending troops to Afghanistan. These numbers show the highest level of opposition and the lowest level of support in the 12 times that Strategic Counsel has asked Canadians this question since May 2006."

Nope, don't tell me..........let me find out myself.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Whoaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I am really surprised at everyone. Letting the troll get to you then you respond in various ways.
The old saying, "don't disturb a cow dung or it will smell" applies quite aptly in this situation.

As for myself, I would be an American quicker than you can say Palin. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me.

Cheers

May every shooters' day be full of sunshine and calm winds. Let the antis day be hell.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That "massive force" is more than any other country has contributed to the effort in Afghanistan, besides the USA. I'm sure if I looked hard enough, I could find some bullcrap LIBERAL poll, that would say the same thing about US involvement pretty much anywhere. I live here, and have no idea WTF the "strategic council" is. Maybe a bunch of inter city pukes that meet at the vegan market twice monthly?
Seriously, I do not know what your problem is, and I really don't care. What I do care about is you saying that my countries blood isn't good enough to be spilled along side yours, in what I, and most like minded Canadians, feel is an important effort. So get the f^%k off you semi high horse, and breathe in some reality. Trust me, if we didn't want to be there, we wouldn't be, but you know sh&t about how our politics work, and even less about majority/minority governments. You are a disgrace to your country. You are the first to bit%h, that you have to go it alone, in a serious conflict, then berate the very ally that chooses to participate in the same. I would leave you to find out for yourself, but I'm sure you're the more "look at pictures" type, than actually the "read the facts type". So feel free to return to licking glass at will, you ignorant f^%k!

R.

Last edited by Rman; 10/04/08. Reason: Not enough hostility

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rman,

First of all, as I said earlier, my comments regarding Canadians poking their noses into American politics and making disparaging remarks about both the election and the candidates, were directed specifically at that martinbns fool and his buddy BCBumkin.

Do a search on them and see for yourself all the wisecracks and insulting remarks these two numbsculls repeatedly make about America and Americans.

And just as you obviously have a passionate desire to defend your country, I have the same desire to defend mine.

Now with that in mind, please let me address your most recent remarks:

Originally Posted by Rman
That "massive force" is more than any other country has contributed to the effort in Afghanistan, besides the USA.

Nope.

Here's a list of who's currently there and with what:

US - 32,500 (23,550 - ISAF)
UK - 8,530
Germany - 3,370
France 2,660
Canada - 2,500
Italy - 2,350
Netherlands - 1,770
Poland - 1,140
Australia - 1,100
Spain - 800
Macedonia -140
Turkey - 760
Denmark - 750
Norway - 580
Romania - 570

I'm sure if I looked hard enough, I could find some bullcrap LIBERAL poll, that would say the same thing about US involvement pretty much anywhere. I live here, and have no idea WTF the "strategic council" is. Maybe a bunch of inter city pukes that meet at the vegan market twice monthly?

Nope.

As a Canadian I thought you would be well aware of how your fellow countrymen felt about supporting the US in Afghanistan.

I randomly selected the Strategic Council poll, but if you have a problem with that one, maybe this will help:

September 2008 - Angus Reid poll: The majority of Canadians continue to oppose an extension past February 2009 of Canada's military mission in Afghanistan.

September 2008 - Environics poll: The number of Canadians who disapprove of their country's military action in Afghanistan is at its highest point since Canada became involved in the war in 2002

August 2008 - Harris Decima poll: The majority of Canadians believe their country is paying too high a price in blood and treasure for its military involvement in Afghanistan and do not want to stay longer in Afghanistan.

I could go on, but I think you get the drift.........

Seriously, I do not know what your problem is, and I really don't care. What I do care about is you saying that my countries blood isn't good enough to be spilled along side yours, in what I, and most like minded Canadians, feel is an important effort.

I already told you what "my problem" was (see opening statement)and although you and other like minded Canadians may feel Canada's involvement in Afghanistan is an important effort, it is apparent form the forgoing polling results that a majority of your fellow countrymen do not.

I won't address the rest of your "rant", because I'm sure there will be more to follow.

You are welcome to say whatever you want in response to my remarks, but unlike the other two halfwits I mentioned earlier, it would be helpful if tried you keep your comments fair and balanced.

Thanks

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That "massive force" is more than any other country has contributed to the effort in Afghanistan, besides the USA.

Nope.

UK - 8,530
Germany - 3,370
France 2,660
Canada - 2,500

Easy to throw out numbers, but try to compare those numbers relative to the populations of the countries they represent.

US 305,330,000
UK 61,186,000
Germany 82,169,000
France 64,473,140
Canada 33,391,400

If you can grasp the concept of "per capita", you'll see that Canada's level of support is right up there with countries that have much more population.

You dig it, or did I type too fast?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just my take but I view martin as a whole nuther entity than I do BCB

I see our election as a train wreck myself.

I can't friggin believe that McCain is the conservative candidate, he should be the liberal candidate running against a conservative in my view.

that BHO is this close to the presidency of our once great nation is in my view a defining statement on the sad state and decline of our nation.

for martin to state the obvious while it certainly stings I don't find as inaccurate.

for the Canadians that rise to the occassion with anger to defend slights against their own country is the very fiber that makes them worth fighting for or with imo. YMMV

imo we're lucky to have Canada as a neighbor and she still has many great citizens, but like us she has more than her share of liberal dumphucks screwing up the gig.

nothing more, nothing less imo.

I wish my Canadian brothers good fortune in their political and personal lives and hope and trust it is reciprocated and I believe it probably is. again the MMV

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the idiot on ignore, but I see his posts when you gyts quote him.

He's a moron, probably got banned from Stupidpeopleforever.com on June 1st 2008.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Nope.

UK - 8,530
Germany - 3,370
France 2,660
Canada - 2,500

Easy to throw out numbers, but try to compare those numbers relative to the populations of the countries they represent.

US 305,330,000
UK 61,186,000
Germany 82,169,000
France 64,473,140
Canada 33,391,400

If you can grasp the concept of "per capita", you'll see that Canada's level of support is right up there with countries that have much more population.

You dig it, or did I type too fast?

Yup, Canada is "right up there" alright with countries that are 3000 miles away from North America (still less on a per capita basis than the UK however).

But wouldn't one have the right to expect that their next door neighbor would want to assist them more than the Europeans?

Also, you didn't respond to what I wrote about the recent polling data that indicates most Canadians don't want to help anyhow........

Did you ignore this on purpose, or did I type to fast?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Supercrewd,

My thoughts exactly. For a sparsely populated country, I think we're doin' pretty good. Germany and France are below us per capita, so that ranks us third on the list.

1akhunter,

Thanks, and the same back at ya. Been praying for your election for a while now. Hope it goes right. It seriously impacts my country what happens to the south. Any HONEST Canadian has to see it that way.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But wouldn't one have the right to expect that their next door neighbor would want to assist them more than the Europeans?

For someone who has such a low opinion of his "neighbours", you expect alot. Good thing all Americans aren't like you, otherwise you be there alone.

Also, you didn't respond to what I wrote about the recent polling data that indicates most Canadians don't want to help anyhow........

So what? That's another number, that all. How many millian Americans want to see their government pull out of their current "Vietnam"? Lots, I'd imagine. The Russians couldn't win there either, and for what?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1akhunter

I see our election as a train wreck myself.

And perhaps I do too ak, but the point I was trying to make is that as Americans it's OUR TRAIN WRECK and I don't want any half-witted Canadians, like the two goofballs I specifically pointed out, constantly casting aspersions on the US.

for martin to state the obvious while it certainly stings I don't find as inaccurate.

I never said that his statement was "inaccurate."

Please go back and read my initial response to his comments will you?

All I did was take offense at someone from another country taking pot shots at mine.......

Although you may only feel a "sting", I consider it a direct insult and believe I responded accordingly.

Perhaps some of us have thinner skins than others.........I don't know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Supercrewd,

My thoughts exactly. For a sparsely populated country, I think we're doin' pretty good. Germany and France are below us per capita, so that ranks us third on the list.

1akhunter,

Thanks, and the same back at ya. Been praying for your election for a while now. Hope it goes right. It seriously impacts my country what happens to the south. Any HONEST Canadian has to see it that way.

Ditto. Stupid Canucks!!!In bred Mongrels. Do they still stay cousins after they divorce? Don't paint me with the same brush fellas. Thank God! we have protection in the North AK and the South making us on of the best protected/ fortified country in the world. Some of my best buddies are Americans not Canadians-now I know why. I apologize on their behalf for being so stupid.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
378Canuck,

Was just trying to pick off a couple of rodents here and it kinda got out of control.....

Never intended to be an indictment of all Canadians.

Hope you can understand.........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Fred Thornhill/Reuters

The death rate among Canadian soldiers fighting around Kandahar has outstripped not only that of U.S. and British troops in Afghanistan, but Americans in the bloody Iraq war as well, the forces' own figures indicate.

A National Defence Department analysis of casualty rates in the first year of operations in and around Kandahar -- obtained by the National Post under Access to Information legislation -- confirms unofficial reports that Canada has suffered a lopsided toll in the conflict.

Canadian soldiers died at a rate 2.6 to four times higher than the British and Americans in Afghanistan and two to 2.6 times higher than U.S. forces in Iraq, according to the April, 2007, number-crunching by Barbara Strauss, an official with the Forces' health services group.

The proportion of Canadian soldiers killed by enemy action is higher even than it was in all but one year of World War Two, the government document indicates.

The numbers reflect that Canadians are operating in one of the most dangerous pockets of the country, Lieut.-Col. Jamie Robertson, a National Defence spokesman, said in an interview yesterday.

"You can look at statistics, but that doesn't take into account that Kandahar province is very different from even Helmand province next door [where the British operate]," he said.

"It's a totally different threat environment. We are in the former heartland of the Taliban, and obviously they have resorted to tactics designed to force casualties among civilians and security forces whenever possible."

Some experts say another reason for the relative beating taken by Canadian soldiers may be that they have no heavy-transport helicopters of their own, forcing them to rely more on ground transportation and face the threat of roadside bombs. Others disagree, noting that helicopters have been shot down or crashed in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Canadian deaths at the hands of the insurgents dipped somewhat in 2007, to 27 from 32 the year before, with the rate seeming to slow in the second half of the year, especially. The total since this country first got involved in Afghanistan is 74.

Brig.-Gen. Guy LaRoche, who heads the Canadian force in Afghanistan, attributed the recent drop in fatalities to new equipment, including the metal-detecting Husky vehicle, and a change in strategy toward more foot patrols. A growing number of Afghan security forces are also helping coalition forces hold more ground won in battles, he said.

The report by Ms. Strauss, dated April 24, 2007, calculates "hostile" deaths during 2006 as a ratio of the total number of Canadian, American and British forces in Afghanistan.

For the Canadians, the death rate ranged from 1.3% to 1.6%, compared to 0.3 to 0.6% for their allies in Afghanistan, and 0.5 to 0.6% for the U.S. forces in Iraq.

The Canadian rate is higher than the proportion of troops killed in action during all years of the Second World War other than 1944, when close to half Canada's 45,000 deaths occurred.

Between 2,500 and 6,800 Canadian troops died annually in 1941, 1942, 1943 and 1945, according to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. But the rate of deaths those years was actually lower than it has been in Afghanistan. The death rate in 1941 was 0.4%, 1942 (0.6%), 1943 (0.6%), 1945 (1.1%). The death rate for 1944 was 3.4%.

"We are, with the British, in the hotbed of the insurgency," said Steven Staples of the Rideau Institute, a think tank opposed to Canada's involvement in Afghanistan. He said Canadians need to evaluate seriously whether such losses are justified by the mission in Kandahar.

Another expert, though, cautioned against reading too much into the figures. The numbers in Afghanistan are relatively small, which can skew statistics, and the comparison with the American allies may not be accurate, said Don Macnamara , a retired brigadier general and board member of the Canadian Institute of Strategic Studies. The U.S. forces typically have far more troops involved in support roles and therefore out of harm's way, which would lower their rate of fatalities, he noted.

"Let's not run off with any conclusions before we do further analysis," he said.

National Post, with files from Allison Lampert, CanWest News Service

Copyright � 2007 CanWest Interactive, a division of CanWest MediaWorks Publications, Inc.. All rights reserved.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 12savage, 1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 1,924 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,176
Posts18,523,703
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.