-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 70 of 1,842 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 1841 1842
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tzone hasnt posted since around 1:00 yesterday. In my cartoon bubble he came home with a new gun (99) to a wife who took the Demacrap call.

There was alot of "DID YOU TEACH HIM" and "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS" then she grabbed the 99, and chased him into the doghouse recently vacated by Dave.

I hope he didnt freeze last night. smile

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,
Weren't you looking for a .308 Model 100?
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=67196

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Stan, can't do it, won't even look!!

Buyers anxiety from yesterdays cabelas trip.....

Something clever here.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Dave,

Today is the first day I have taken the time to read this thread. I am speechless. I am thrilled for your friends and family. They are blessed with a figure that is truly the model of a Man.

I am also thrilled for you. You are aware that you are blessed. For a man to know that he enjoys a good life is a wonderful thing and it is obvious that you are a happy man.

The only thought I had through the early part of the thread was that when your gunrack was built, there should always be one space kept open. But as the thread progressed, I could see that the healing was progressing, and you know best what to do in that respect.

Congratulations! I hope that this season is a banner year for you and your family.

CT

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
And one spot will remain open, from here forward. Now that you have helped me see what a simple but meaningful tribute it would be.

Thank you for the kind words & thank you for the wonderful idea.

Thank you very much.
Dave

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Allright Stan!

3 miles, that's impressive. You're probably in better shape than most on the forum if you're walking that much.

Here's to a good report from the Doc.

Good luck.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Tzone hasnt posted since around 1:00 yesterday. In my cartoon bubble he came home with a new gun (99) to a wife who took the Demacrap call.

There was alot of "DID YOU TEACH HIM" and "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS" then she grabbed the 99, and chased him into the doghouse recently vacated by Dave.

I hope he didnt freeze last night. smile

Good lord if mama finds that 99, I'll be living in Dave's doghouse. Because the one at this house will be hers not ours.

We had a "discussion" about some crap Gander Mt sent via mail. Some "thank you for your recent purchace of a gun" garbage. That was for the Marlin .32WIN, so I'll have to be watching the mail for the one from the 99. crazy

She thought the demacrap call was funny, except a 3y.o. boy said it, and she didn't teach it to him. I guess the daycare thought it was funny, and he did'nt get in trouble, for that anyway.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
rooster,

you were spot on brudder. I picked up my archery liscense yesterday. after hemming and hawing about it for 3 weeks.

I took my boy in the woods last night to play around. after explaning to him that bucks don't bite,(he's 3) he wants to hunt them with me. but only if he can start the keys on the 4 wheeler.

so long story short, I'm goin' bow hunting.

I knew you would man! grin I myself have only made it out on opening evening so far with no luck. Too busy trying to prepare for 'ol man winter. Must take time soon though!

"after explaning to him that bucks don't bite,(he's 3) he wants to hunt" laugh That is GOOD STUFF! Gotta love kids! He will really be pumped when Daddy "catches" a deer!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
And one spot will remain open, from here forward. Now that you have helped me see what a simple but meaningful tribute it would be.

Thank you for the kind words & thank you for the wonderful idea.

Thank you very much.
Dave

That is an awesome idea! Like you said Dave, its a simple but oh so meaningful tribute. Kinda gives me goose bumps...

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by tzone
rooster,

you were spot on brudder. I picked up my archery liscense yesterday. after hemming and hawing about it for 3 weeks.

I took my boy in the woods last night to play around. after explaning to him that bucks don't bite,(he's 3) he wants to hunt them with me. but only if he can start the keys on the 4 wheeler.

so long story short, I'm goin' bow hunting.

I knew you would man! grin I myself have only made it out on opening evening so far with no luck. Too busy trying to prepare for 'ol man winter. Must take time soon though!

"after explaning to him that bucks don't bite,(he's 3) he wants to hunt" laugh That is GOOD STUFF! Gotta love kids! He will really be pumped when Daddy "catches" a deer!

Rooster,
I went out yesterday evening and saw jack squat. Well a chippie and a bluejay. It rained pretty much the whole time I was out and I left the woods at 5:30 before I was soaked to the bone.

Will try again this week. Hopefully friday.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm in a lottery area again this year which means I can only take one deer total (in my area anyway) and the wife bought me a smoke pole for my b-day last spring. I will bowhunt but will most likely not shoot anything unless its huge. Wanna try that smoke pole huntin out once! I heard it can be addicting also.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
from the pics I saw of last years buck, I'd say you got the "only if it's huge part down." laugh

I'm yet to shoot a buck with my bow. I missed three bucks with my bow so far. You could saw I got a little of the fever on two of them. One I just plain screwed up.

I don't plan on shooting anything but a buck with the stick and string. We have antlerless only season I plan on trying out the .243 to see how she works.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Good lord if mama finds that 99, I'll be living in Dave's doghouse. Because the one at this house will be hers not ours."

hers not ours....Thats funny!! grin

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah Tom, won't you even get "half" out of the deal?

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe

hers not ours....Thats funny!! grin

funny for you guy maybe...

My 99 will be 49 and 1/2. I don't even know anyone who loads for one, let alone find factory ammo for it.

Our little chat about why gander was sending me letters thanking me for my purchaces was heated enough. espically the part where I couldn't remember the last time I bought a gun. mad

" er..aahh...huh, geeze it' been so long I don't recall, what do you mean...yes it's raining why do you ask, man I gotta get my glasses fixed, babble, stutter, slur, no idea why they'd send that, must be the wrong address...this doesn't seem right, what's for dinner, I like apple pie, er...pumpkin, no it's gotta be your bull, what?"

It went a little like that. eek

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
yeah Tom, won't you even get "half" out of the deal?

grin

Thanks dave,

I knew I could count on you for support grin that's what pals are for right...

"where oh where will my baby be..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did something a bit unethical last night but hell it was just a Coyote. He came trotting in and scared a doe and 2 fawns off. I whistled to get him to stop but wouldn't. Shot him while trotting at 33 yards. Shot the Yote back a bit and so I sat till dark. Got the flashlight to make sure he was dirt napping and had a hell of a run in with a Skunk!!! Picture a grown man yelling like a wild man, tearing cobs off the standing corn and, throwing it at a skunk that's rolling in Coyote blood...Damn skunk was real bold, he would go ahead a bit and then come towards me again so, I would get another cob and throw it at him...This went on for approx. 1/2 hour. I finally got to the coyote where he was sleeping peacefully.

1 less yote to play with. BTW I didn't get sprayed either.

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
awesome!! thin them yotes out!! Mind the skunks tho!! grin LOL!! too funny!!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
might be worth the cost of an arrow to smoke the skunk. not nearly as funny though grin

Funny story.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Unethical? Heck no! Just one out of thousands of coyotes that need to meet the same fate. I still say they kill way more fawns than anything else. I have been keeping the 7mm in the vehicle lately just for the purpose of eradicating some yotes. Problem is I never see them when I have the gun. I see them a lot when I don't. confused Gonna have to put the e-caller to good use this winter. I will use the 22-250 then to try and save some hide! smile

Page 70 of 1,842 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.