Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
GPA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
When confronted by someone different from you...someone with different beliefs that callenge and threaten yours...someone who frightens you.....Just STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND, or just put them on IGNORE!

The birds on the Campfire that utilize the Ignore feature are an unusual class of birds: Strouthion Ignoranus

Wink, Wink

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My, my, someone has a high opinion of himself this morning. Reality check: The ignore feature is reserved for simple dumb asses. You can wish it otherwise, but sorry bub, that's the truth.

There are plenty of folks around the Campfire with differing view points. To some, I'm a Yankee Irish-Catholic rube from Minnesota, but they let me share the fire anyway. We have democrats, republicans, libertarians, mini-anarchist, atheists, bible thumpers, and even - for cripe's sake - Canadians.

The Campfire is approaching 20,000 members from all walks of life, from farmers, to teachers, to high-power attorneys. We even have stay-at-home Dads, women with grit, and gentle ladies that can snap our chains when we need it and we listen to them.

No, it's not your views that are the problem. It's your brain. The Campfire has declared you irrelevant. Not liked, not hated, just ignored.

Last edited by JOG; 10/09/08. Reason: Quote deleted

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
JOG,

I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote it. I have it on ignore because it craves attention. If I can't see anything it's written then I've won.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Did sombody fart?

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You win. wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thank you! laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blinddog1
Did sombody fart?

Hope not as it is troll attractant! grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GPA
When confronted by someone different from you...someone with different beliefs that callenge and threaten yours...someone who frightens you.....Just STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND, or just put them on IGNORE!

The birds on the Campfire that utilize the Ignore feature are an unusual class of birds: Strouthion Ignoranus

Wink, Wink
My fans are few and far between here at The Fire. The rest pretty much can't stand me. I think, however, that I might be on two members' ignore list. That's after being a member here for many years.

Most folks here use the ignore list as I do, i.e., exclusively for trolls, and are perfectly willing to listen to opposing views, even those views they strongly oppose, so long as the posters in question are not being jerks about it, and tend to make real arguments which take into consideration the facts and reasoning of others.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, Magnumdood. Hawk just has to a problem AGAIN. I really should really put that guy on ignore. wink

I'd buy you a beer, Hawk. The cheap stuff anyway...

Robert Frost
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JOG
Sorry, Magnumdood. Hawk just has to a problem AGAIN. I really should really put that guy on ignore. wink

I'd buy you a beer, Hawk. The cheap stuff anyway...
laugh Same to you.

IC B3

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GPA

Wink, Wink

Many of us use the 'ignore' function to avoid plain old rudeness. I don't mind debating ideas, but I cannot abide name calling and personal attacks. Rather than respond in kind, it's easier to 'ignore'.

I get into arguments with folks all the time, and occasional it unintentionally gets personal. But I'll give credit to the well mannered folks on this board who aren't afraid to apologize when they get heated up and say something personal. I've been known to cast an unwarranted insult myself from time to time, and I try to make things right after the fact. But by and large, the people on this board, even those I violently disagree with on matters political, are great people who deserve respect and common courtesy. For the few who don't fall into this category, 'ignore' is certainly an appropriate action.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote=JOG]

There are plenty of folks around the Campfire with differing view points. To some, I'm a Yankee Irish-Catholic rube from Minnesota, but they let me share the fire anyway.

Dang, I thought you were a transplanted Southerner!

Love the Ignore feature.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GPA
...STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND...

The notion that ostriches stick their head in the sand when they are frightened is pure mythology.

An actual intellectual, as you claim to be, would know that, and would be too precise in his or her thinking to use such an outmoded and incorrect simile.

My $100 bet that you can't prove your academic qualifications, standing, and research still stands.

Coward...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by blinddog1
Did sombody fart?
Must have, I smell something!

DC Miller
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by muledeer
Originally Posted by GPA
...STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND...

The notion that ostriches stick their head in the sand when they are frightened is pure mythology.

An actual intellectual, as you claim to be, would know that, and would be too precise in his or her thinking to use such an outmoded and incorrect simile.

My $100 bet that you can't prove your academic qualifications, standing, and research still stands.

Coward...

Dennis

Asking it to prove anything is as fruitless as hunting where my hunting buddy just informed me he wants to hunt tomorrow....Both are a major waste of time and energy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
shoot Dennis I could care less about his academic credentials

I offered to take him hunting and got ignored.

even Bristoe said it was a generous offer.

you'd have to think someone that pops up on a place called 24hour campfire would be somewhat into hunting.

maybe not in this case.

and that's okay AK is not for everyone and some folks can't get enough time off from school/work to do so.

I'd settle for some pics of the new guys that have differing political and debate styles just posting some pics of them with their favorite firearms and game they've taken.

most of the rest of us have

after all Obama isn't after their hunting arms, they don't need to hide them...........do they?

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
G
GPA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Hey, I'm fussy about who I hunt with: They do not have to agree with me politically, but they cannot be narrow-minded bigots such as many who participate here. Given the choice, I would choose to hunt with my grandkids. The youngest just became of age; we are excited about this year's season. We will open the duck season on my brother's wetlands on Saturday. Then we will worry the grouse...turkeys...rabbits...and squirrels that inhabit our home turf. Yep...I AM a hunter, albeit light years removed from your definition of hunter.

Re-read my original post. Compare it with all the anti-liberal...anti-Obama posts found here, and then tell me that I am the odd man out. There is a bunch of "regulars" who think they own this site. Disagree with them and they will call you names...suggest that you are a non-hunting woosie...and put you on IGNORE. There are many regulars on here who are genuinely ostriches....They have or will put their heads in the sand.

You don't know me.....but you have chosen to condemn me. Hmmm...how did you reach this elevated status?

This post was not a troll (Yep....every time things get uncomfortable, we hear the "TROLL" defense. Grow up people; get the guts to defend your beliefs. I will not respond to any replies using the word "troll"

GPA

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
*** You are ignoring this user ***

A beautiful thing grin

It works on dipshitz like GPA & doblow......

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Let me see if this works......TROLL!

G
GPA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
When you can't think of anything constructive....just say, "Troll".

TROLL is the "go to" response for the chicken-hearted! Get some guts!

For now.....You are totally GUTLESS!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,771
Posts18,515,595
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.