Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 72 of 1,842 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Look like ya got it figgered out there Tom. I am picture posting challenged. I don't even know where to begin.

Rooster , if you can get your pics onto your computer , I sent you a link to a good pic posting tutorial.

Edit , Rooster , the second link I sent you ( PM ) is a little better written .

Last edited by M1894; 10/10/08.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice pictures Tzone. What were you going after with the minnows in the picture.

LOL.... Nice Musky's

Have Fun

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thought I'd update on here too...been posting on the other thread, sorry about not posting on this one. I'll try to keep this one up to date too.
As of 4pm yesterday, Wapiti 2 was heading down the last road to base camp. Must have took a little bit to get ice, pop, water, beer, etc.
Nothing as of last night or this morning, but I'm sure they are in their glory. I did ask how Dave's uncle/best buddy's dad was doing and he said that he was great. I'm sure he's taking it all in. Just too bad that Dave's best buddy isn't here to share in the trip but I'm sure he's looking down on the whole thing and grinning.
Have a good weekend all.

"I'm not crying!!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Stan,

I'm pretty sure that is a guide gun. I think it's a .450 Marlin.

That picture is Dave's elk from a few years ago, unfortuneatly I haven't had a chance to hunt elk yet.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Rob,

The fish on the bottom, I caught on a Bucher Topraider. It was almost dark and the water was dead calm, perfect for the top water stuff. When he hit, he came about 3' out of the water. We had to cut the hooks on that one, he smashed it.

The first pic, was on a bucktail off a little weed bed. He followed to the boat on the first cast, and bit on the second cast.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the updates , much appreciated cool

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by M1894
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Look like ya got it figgered out there Tom. I am picture posting challenged. I don't even know where to begin.

Rooster , if you can get your pics onto your computer , I sent you a link to a good pic posting tutorial.

Edit , Rooster , the second link I sent you ( PM ) is a little better written .

Thanks Phil! When I get some time, I'm going to load my pics back on to my work computer. I got a new one and Mr. IT guy didn't figure I needed all that memory used up on pics so he stored them on a disk.
Thanks again!

Jim

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ELK TRIP UPDATE- Text from Dave yesterday afternoon/evening that they made it to their hunting spots, but he hates horses. Said he always did (which I knew after being married to him forever and a day) but now wants to hunt them from the air w/a machine gun. From talking w/one of Dave's friends back here, Dave sent him a text saying that one of the guy's got bucked off and may have dislocated his shoulder. Dave's uncle is going good

Text this morning around 9 am from Dave. Said that a 200 lb mountain lion almost ran over him at full mountain lion sprint. He mentioned that he almost had to shoot it and he was still shaking. Further text messages followed w/one saying that he saw 10 elk but no shots. Then the last message as of right now said that he was watching 3 mule deer.

Sounds like movement is going on. Hope he can shoot something today. Wonder if he crapped his pants over the mountain lion thing? HEHEHE. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was "movement" yesterday indeed - likely Dave's bowel when that cat tried to run him over. <grin> Tell him SKane said "hey" and to have fun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
DAVE SHOT A COW!!! Got a text message this morning that he got a cow.

From talking w/Dave's step mom, Dave's little brother shot a 4x4 bull, Dave got a cow, Dave's friend got a calf, and Dave's half brother shot and wounded a cow but lost the trail.
I don't think that Dusty has shot anything yet.

Hopefully will talk to Dave sometime soon...kinda missing the guy! grin

"I'm not crying!!"
IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Holy Macarel I just thought about something, Tell Dave you NEED those Wapiti Hides!!! Deer Camp Elk Rugs and Wall decor!!! wink

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mrs.ND,Thanks for the update.Glad to hear he was successful.Has he said anything about having any snow up there?

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
DAVE SHOT A COW!!! Got a text message this morning that he got a cow.

I thought they were elk hunting? grin

GOOD JOB DAVE!!!

we need pics when you get back.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Tell dave and the boyz congrats from tzone. Good job boys.

Hey dave, how'd that monkey butt powder work after a 120lb cat chased yo azz...grin grin grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

Hey dave, how'd that monkey butt powder work after a 120lb cat chased yo azz...grin grin grin

Ms.Dave, please tell me he packed his monkey but powder, we all know he needed it.

120 lb cat would chap my hind end.

Have fun

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ND is wayyyy too savvy. He's convinced Mrs. ND that he is elk hunting when the clear purpose of the trip involved "monkey butt" and a cougar ...

GE

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

espically if she was under 120lbs. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Missed a call from Dave this afternoon, but he left a voicemail. Sounded good, said they spent the night at basecamp, got a good night's sleep and cleaned up. He also said they were heading back up the mountain to see how the other guys were doing and to pack the meat down to base camp

"I'm not crying!!"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for the updates.

STILL clinging to my guns and my religion.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
That is great! Sounds like they are having a good time. I have been receiving Dave's texts and got a phone pic of the cow. She looks YUMMY! Have you heard if Dusty has gotten any shots yet Pam?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 72 of 1,842 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.