Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
340mag Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
ok, one of my friends was recently involved in a traffic acident where a pick-up truck ran a red light and t-boned his car knocking it into a canal, here in florida where many roads border canals, for some reason the seat belt latch would not open,or he just could not get it to work as he was hanging sideways in the car, as the car slowly sank, luckly he was alone and not the type to panic easily, he managed to cut the seat belt free with his pocket knife, he always carries, a typical 3" folder, I think many people carry. he was describing his little adventure when his secretary who was listening said ("your probably one of the few guys that would have survived!, how many people actually carry a knife in thier pocket", now to me that was a absurd statement, I mean "how many guys DON,T carry a pocket knife" I know I carry a wallet, folding knife, glock 10mm, cell phone and lighter and keys damn near as often as I get dressed or even think about leaving my house.
so how many of you guys don,t feel dressed without loading up with a bunch of familiar equipment and go thru a mental,semi check list as they get dressed, In fact I have pockets that those items go into and ONLY those items...how about you gentelmen??

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I know a lot of guys who wouldn't have a knife.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340mag
ok, one of my friends was recently involved in a traffic acident where a pick-up truck ran a red light and t-boned his car knocking it into a canal, here in florida where many roads border canals, for some reason the seat belt latch would not open,or he just could not get it to work as he was hanging sideways in the car, as the car slowly sank, luckly he was alone and not the type to panic easily, he managed to cut the seat belt free with his pocket knife, he always carries, a typical 3" folder, I think many people carry. he was describing his little adventure when his secretary who was listening said ("your probably one of the few guys that would have survived!, how many people actually carry a knife in thier pocket", now to me that was a absurd statement, I mean "how many guys DON,T carry a pocket knife" I know I carry a wallet, folding knife, glock 10mm, cell phone and lighter and keys damn near as often as I get dressed or even think about leaving my house.
so how many of you guys don,t feel dressed without loading up with a bunch of familiar equipment and go thru a mental,semi check list as they get dressed, In fact I have pockets that those items go into and ONLY those items...how about you gentelmen??

grinBrother, if I had to jump out of a second story window to avoid her husband, given a choice between grabbing my pants or grabbing my gun and knife, I guess I'd just have to weather the cold grin Besides, nobody laughs much at a naked man with a gun in one hand and a knife in the other grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This was my daily carry if I left the house, knife, flashlight, phone, P10, of course all the other lil stuff, change, nail clippers, pen, spare bic lighter etc.
[Linked Image]

Nic
Lovin life as a farmer and wife!
X2 Farm
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nic, yer our kinda gurl!!!

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, and ya don't have to worry about seein her with nothing but a knife in one hand and a gun in the other. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Lots of people die easy.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The only time I DON'T have a knife in my pocket is when I am flying on a commercial aircraft, and then it is in my checked baggage. My knife of choice is a Buck assisted opening - can't remember the name. It has about a 3" blade and is shaving sharp all the time. Have used it on a number of occassions to "assist" me in my day to day duties.

I was in court last month in a small remote location up north and one of the lawyers needed something sharp to open a box of briefs. I pulled out my knife and opened the box. He about had a heart attack when he saw the knife. Asked me, "Why would you be carrying a knife in your pocket?" I answered, "You mean you DON'T?" -- City Slickers. I have had a knife either in my pocket or on my belt almost every day of my life since I turned 7 years old.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've had some type of pocket knife with me since I was 10.. Never leave home without one.. grin

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I work on a boat, I always have a knife I can open one handed. I have heard too many stories about drownings for lack of a way to untie yersself quickly.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Nic, yer our kinda gurl!!!

What he said, condition one!

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I NEVER leave home without these items:

Front Right Pocket - .25 back-up, Case Sod Buster, Zippo, change

Left Front - pillbox, money clip, keys (w/ P-38 can opener), Insulin Pen

Left Rear - Spare Magazine

Right Rear - Assisted opening knife clipped to pocket for easy one handed operation. I've got a cheapie now because I lost my Boker Automatic. mad cry

Next gun show I'm going to replace it.

Last edited by 99_D; 10/16/08.

I really like lever action rifles. Sure it's romantic, but it's also very American.

I just wanted him to know, that I'm a bull too!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I always carry a Leatherman Wave, especially at work. I use not only the knife almost daily, but many of the other tools, too.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My knife of choice for regular pocket carry has always been a 3-blade medium (under 4") stockman. The three different blade shapes are more functional for a variety of chores. And, three blades will surely stay sharp longer than one. With Schrade and Camillus no longer available, the only remaining American choices are from Case, Buck, or McCoy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had at least one knife in my pocket everytime I have my pants on for better than sixty years.

Usually a stockman currently a schrade old timer. The spey blade is starting to take an inside curve from sharpening so in a few years I will replace it.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I was in court last month in a small remote location up north and one of the lawyers needed something sharp to open a box of briefs. I pulled out my knife and opened the box. He about had a heart attack when he saw the knife.

I would have, too. Are Canadians allowed to carry a knife into a courtroom?

- Tom

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Asked me, "Why would you be carrying a knife in your pocket?
Tends to chafe in my boot. smile

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Reminds of a time in Louisiana, I had a Colt Commander strapped to my hip. I was in the local everything store and the woman behind me asked 'Why do you have a gun on your belt?'

I replied, 'Because it's too big to fit in my pocket'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shreck
I work on a boat, I always have a knife I can open one handed. I have heard too many stories about drownings for lack of a way to untie yersself quickly.

Yep. I usually have two on me, and always one, a non-folder in a sheath on my hip. With tuna/lobster/other gear, a man's simply not strong enough to simply bust the mainlines with bare hands, even at the dock, much less when underwater. Cutting is the only option.

L

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I take my share of flak due to blade carry. I'm never without three at work:
serrated K-Bar TDI (weak side behind my radio)
an old, worn Emerson CQC7-B (strong side cargo pocket)
HAK on a neck sheath

For day-to-day use I have the Emerson and the HAK.

If one is good......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,238
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.