Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
POPGUN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So today Dion pauses long enough to pull the knives out of his back and tell all of us peons his plans for the future.

I'd chip in five bucks if we could get him to stay on for lets say 12 more years...??? eek

I like it here. They let me swear.
GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I'm in for $5

May every shooters' day be full of sunshine and calm winds. Let the antis day be hell.
POPGUN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thats ten bucks already!!!

Kind of fun being part of "The Huge Consevative Propaganda Machine" isnt it? laugh laugh laugh

I like it here. They let me swear.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Count me in as well

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I read the title I thought I could be the first to say it!

grin

He's the best friend a conservative ever had!

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickF

That's true, but if Frank McKenna decides to run for the leadership, he will win and he will be a very good and effective leader for the Libs. In short, the party will be over for the Conservatives.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As good as McKenna may be,it's uphill. To win the Liberals must pick up western urban/suburban ridings and Bloc ridings.If they connect with Bloc riding as well they do in the west,it's a long road back.

But Harper may end up looking like R.B.Bennett.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by RickF

That's true, but if Frank McKenna decides to run for the leadership, he will win and he will be a very good and effective leader for the Libs. In short, the party will be over for the Conservatives.

This used-to-be Nova Scotia boy remembers well 20 years or so back when McKenna's liberals practically swept the NB election, no doubt he is an effective leader. I'm not sure however if the west would jump on the bandwagon.

Not saying they wouldn't, I just don't know.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[/quote]

This used-to-be Nova Scotia boy remembers well 20 years or so back when McKenna's liberals practically swept the NB election, no doubt he is an effective leader. I'm not sure however if the west would jump on the bandwagon.

Not saying they wouldn't, I just don't know.
[/quote]

The west might not jump on the bandwagon en masse but there would certainly be a lot more people in the west voting liberal if McKenna was the leader. Remember Harper only got 20% of the eligible voters and he can thank Dion for any gains he made. Lots of people voted for Harper because he was not Dion and not Layton.

Interested to know if anyone back east is hearing the name Carole Taylor as a possible candidate for the Liberal leadership. For those of you who don't know she was the finance minister in Gordon Campbell's government. A friend of mine from Newfoundland who is in Montreal at the moment mentioned that to me in an email last night, first I have heard of it.

Carole Taylor, MLA, OC (born 1945) is a Canadian journalist and politician. She previosuly served as British Columbia's Minister of Finance.

Carole Taylor graduated from Weston Collegiate in 1964. She later attended Victoria College at the University of Toronto and graduated with a BA in English.

Carole was Miss Toronto 1964, and co-hosted CFTO-TV Toronto�s After Four, a show for teenagers. She later appeared on several other CFTO shows, including Toronto Today, Topic, and her own Carole Taylor Show. She and Percy Saltzman were the first co-hosts of Canada AM when the show premiered on CTV in 1972. She has also been the host of W-FIVE and Pacific Report. Later, she entered the field of journalism which lasted for over 20 years.

Previously, she served as an independent member of Vancouver City Council from 1986 to 1990. She served as Chairman of the Vancouver Board of Trade 2001-2002.

She was chair of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation from July 16, 2001, until March 14, 2005, when she resigned in order to seek the nomination of the British Columbia Liberal Party in that province's 2005 election.

On May 17, 2005, she was elected to Legislative Assembly of British Columbia in the 2005 election as the member representing Vancouver-Langara. On June 16, 2005, she was named Minister of Finance.

As the Minister of Finance, she signed up 100% of all BC public sector contracts before they were set to expire. Perhaps her most notable achievement was the introduction of the first carbon tax anywhere in North America.

On November 30, 2007, she announced that she would not be running for re-election in the 2009 election. She was courted to run for mayor of Vancouver in the 2008 municipal election, she announced on January 8, 2008 that she would not run.

She is married to former Vancouver mayor Art Phillips.

Last edited by n007; 10/22/08.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The scary part about Stephane stepping down is that the Liberals may choose a capable leader who will lead them out of the wilderness.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was personally hoping he'd stick to his "I'm no quitter" stance - and then the Liberals would need another devisive leadership race to oust him.

I fear the next fellow they choose might be cut from the same cloth (ideologically) but - be more electable.

That would bother me.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (1lesfox, 320090T, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,025
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.