Print Thread
Hop To
Page 74 of 1,842 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
don't worry tom, I didn't take you wrong. I was just explaining or trying to do a quick explaination of the cat ordeal.

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Was that thing stalking you or did it just come flying out of the brush? Even creeper if the thing was following you for awhile. Yikes!!

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I really don't know Tom, he just came running at me with great bounding leaps & when I turned & finally put my eyes on him & got the rifle on him he was two leaping cat strides from being on me.

I really don't know what was going on, if he was just running by & happened to be coming right at me or if he was going to try to take me down & lost his nerve when I faced him ready.

I don't know but I really would have preferred camera distance with a zoom lense over rifle distance where I had a hard time making out what part of the animal I was on with the scope down on 3.5!

scope was useless that close. It was a sight down the barrel sort of thing & I'm ok with how it all ended, no do overs LOL!!

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Well its been a LONG day,just getting back from a 90mph run to make sure my 11 year old daughter made it through a second heart attack in 2 years time. Finally the Docs are listening to us and got things going alittle more our way, with a ton of meds and rest she is looking better now and sound asleep in the living room.

She has something called super ventricular tachacardia, her heart rate was up around 220 or so for almost an hour with alot of pain. I was an hour away from her school where it took place and so was the wife. I got the wife and made a super fast trip and lots of phone calls on the way. Got the kiddo to the docs and some meds and all is alot better. I'm beat but I don't want to go to sleep as all I seem to do is catch myself watching over the kiddos tonight.

I was thinking bout taking her duckhunting in the morning but now I know its going to be some hometime instead. I promised if she was better though tomorrow we would etleast go out and shoot her 30-30 and get sighted in good for youth deer season two weekends away.

Sorry it was long and Dave Congrats my friend!!!! Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some pics of some lever action fun.. Until then can ya get me up to speed on how the whole hunt went down, stalkin, treestand over a waterhole, calling and or all the whatnots...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
holy crap, take care of that girl wabo.

best wishes from ours to yours.

sick kids, nothing could be worse.

be sure it's safe for her to be shooting the 30-30,, I have a youth hunt open tomorow that my daughter of 14 wants to hunt so we may be out doing that tomorrow.

best of luck.

Dave

Something clever here.

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

Thanks for the well wishes, Momma and the kids are heading for the drug store now to fill some prescriptions. The kiddo is doing much MUCH better this morning! Thankyou God and friends!!!!

Yes I asked them about all the details with activities and they said it should be no problem if she is feeling better today. Way I understand it the problem has something to do with the hearts ability to produce an electric current at the correct rate. Told us for now meds should do the trick but surgery could be needed later on after she gets out of the teens. Scary stuff forsure...

I'm thinking a cowboy cookout and some shooting may be alittle medicine too as its her favorite thing to do, don't know where that came from...lol

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
By the way tell The Weezy Good Luck!!!! wink

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Holy crap Wabo!!!!

I'm glad everything worked out. I'm very very sorry to hear about you girl.

Man, I don't even know what to say. Other than thank god she's doing better. WOW!

Best wishes to her and your family.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wabo - Glad to hear she is doing better! Wow that is scary. You must have been beside yourself on that drive!

Best wishes!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wabo,

Glad to hear your kiddo is doing better, just again reaffirms how much the little yard monsters mean to us.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wabo,

Glad to read all is well. I have 5 and 8 year old partners in crime and story's like yours are scary.

Good on ya for getting in the outdoors with her.

Have Fun

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks for all the well wishes guys! She knows this thread almost as well as I do, as I had to introduce her to Weezy The Ole Forky horns hunter. My Munchkin has been impressed by Weezy and she'll Really Enjoy seeing the well wishes here too!! Munchkin wants a pink rifle too, I may just have to make that happen soon..

We didn't make it to shooting as I talked her into waiting till later this week, it wasn't hard to do though. The two kiddos were playing softball with my lab who plays outfield retriever all afternoon.. All the kids have to do is take the ball from the lab and hit it out again, they love that game... Did me and Momma good to just sit and watch the three of them too..

Big cold front coming in and by the weekend should have the bucks running you'll find me waiting in a tree for one with the stick and string hopefully on Sat morning.. Good Luck to all those who are going out....

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
well weezy was out last weekend for our youth hunt but it didn't work out for her. she had her orange deer fightig super hero costume on & everything. i can honestly say she put some pretty good hours in too. Well ow she's practiced i the art of sitting & waiting... grin

I'm glad you salvaged the weeked with the kids wabo. sure is fun is't it?

Tell the kiddo dave said good luck with her upcoming youth hut & her cool lever gun. Levers rock!!!

We also started work on a deerstand for Pam. I have some pictures, let me see if I ca find em.... gimmee a minute grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
it's a 4' by 5' floor, 6' side wall on back, 5' on front, 16" window slot all around 33" off the floor. made outa scraps like any fine tree fort would be.

[Linked Image]

perty ait she?

[Linked Image]

we'll try to fiish it up ext weekend. put the stairs on, some camo paint, more bracing... stuff like that.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very pretty Dave. Gonna put some plexiglass in? Natural is good too. How about a little heater?

Craig

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh it aint perty by a long shot LOL!!

but I think it'll work.

Yeah I'm thinkin plexiglass & a heater for maw.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
That tree house Rocks!!! Dave, if you can find them up there? Old storm windows thrown away from older houses during a remodel job work Great for the deer houses too.. Otherwize yup plex glass is king when storm windows aren't available..

Reminds me I gotta go get one of our deer houses this next weekend or two and get it back up, the wind kinda blew it over..lol

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we'll maybe just staple some camo burlap on the outside....

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just saw there's a store in Grand Rapids called something like "Habitat for Humanity re-sale store". They got all kinds of demolition stuff - like storm windows.

Or, you could go get some triple pane, low E, argon's from the back lot an Marvin's.....

Craig

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter

Or, you could go get some triple pane, low E, argon's from the back lot an Marvin's.....

Craig

there you will either get some goofy stop sign shaped unit or some big triangle shaped thing the size of a sail boat sail canceled order for some ski lodge in CO or something...

it's a good place to go & buy stuff you don't need grin

I'll maybe just hang camo netting & hang over the whole thing including the window openings & just kind of open up the neting across the windows so you can see through.

naw, I'll be making a trip to the hardware store for some plexiglass.

Something clever here.

Page 74 of 1,842 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 907brass, 8 invisible), 1,532 guests, and 747 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.