-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
OP Offline
J
I don't really know about posting this kind of thing on an open forum, but at this point, I'm at a loss for options.

My wife of 8 years moved out yesterday, taking all three of our kids with her. This isn't a new thing for me, as we've had a few seperations in the past in a similar manner. We were also married before for a couple years, and divorced for about 5 years, so I'm no stranger to the current situation.

This time is different though, in that I just don't think I can handle it the same way. She's always pretty much assumed(and rightly so), that I'd always be here for her to fall back on. Well, for the lack of a better explanation, I'm tired. I'm emotionally drained from the years of never knowing just when she might get a wild hair, and decide she wanted to be apart. I just don't think I can go through this with her again. I've married her twice, and took her back after the worst possible circumstances several times.

I love my wife deeply, in an unconditional way. Time has proven that She can't do anything to make me not love her anymore. I feel like she might possibly have some spiritual issue that causes her to sorta lose touch with reality. It's almost like she has two seperate personalities. One day, she's a perfect, loving, devoted wife, and mother, then the next day she might just pop up, and demand a divorce.

It's driving me crazy, and if we part this time, I'm pretty much certain that I'm not gonna let her come crying back in a few weeks like she's always done. If God doesn't put a permanant fix on this thing, we'll never spend another day together. Please pray for me, my wife (Bridget), and our three kids.

Thank You...

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
You got it Jerry,
Today the family is under attack from every direction. God is the only thing that can heal these problems. Keep yourself where God wants you, be faithful to Him. These are tough things when we're hurting. I will add your family to my pray list.

RV

That's an x!
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Same here Jerry; I'l pray for you. I have a friend who is going through a similar situation and it's not easy.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
To God Alone Be The Glory!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Jerry,

Been there and done that and know the hurt whereof you speak. Feels like someone is gutting you from the inside. My relationship with the Lord grew, and He definitely got me through. Take courage that, whatever the future holds, God is faithful, and He has your best interests at heart at all times. I have prayed for you and your family.

God didn't bring my first wife back, but he has given me a rare jewel for a wife and two wonderful daughters. Hang in there. Stay close to the Lord.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
jerry:

i, too, know what it is like. i have prayed for you and your family. i offer these two bits of scripture, my brother: joshua 1:9 and john 15:4 (a).

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Jerry,
I wish I could tell you I know how you feel, but so far my wife and I have been able to make it through our hard times. What I can tell you, is to trust in the Lord. One way or another, he will guide you and your loved ones through this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Good luck, and best wishes.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good on you Jerry. I cannot imagine...

You are one tough trooper, this is one area of our lives that can hurt us the most as men and Christians. It really breaks my heart to hear your story.

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the prayers fellows. Things aren't looking much better here, and I'm right on the razors edge of just cutting my losses, and moving on. It's very hard though, as it goes against the grain of everything I feel, and believe in.

I've let her come back into my life twice with another mans child. I've raised these children right along with our daughter, and have never made any difference between any of them. I love them all, and not having my three kids here I think is the hardest part of all.

I just got off the phone with our littlest one, and I swear, it'll just about break a man down.

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hey Jerry

DONE!!!

Bearbeater

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Jerry, I'm not very much a Church going person. I've tried and been stung too many times. I pray quite a bit in my own way, and try to follow my beliefs in what's right and wrong. I got this in an e-mail from my Sister in Iowa just now, don't know what prompted her to send it to me. But it sounded so encouraging that I thought I'd post it on the Campfire. You have my prayers, and I know you will make the right decision.

I don't know if this is true but it sure sounds beautiful.

Malachi 3:3 says: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.

One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study.

That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver.

As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up.

He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot then she thought again about the verse that says: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined.

The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire.

If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, "How do you know when the silver is fully refined?" He smiled at her and answered,

"Oh, that's easy - when I see my image in it."

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.

Pass this on to everyone you know. Right now, this very moment, someone needs to know that God is watching over them. And, whatever they're going through, they'll be a better person in the end.

"Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once."

Hope it brings you some comfort.

Phil

IC B3

J
OP Offline
J
Well fellows, I guess God is working on it. Well, at least I hope it's God.

I've spent the afternoon talking to her, and she said she's willing to do what ever it takes to make our marriage work.

She called me dozens of times today, but I wouldn't answer the phone(that's a first for me). I guess it might have scared her, because when I finally did answer it, she had a complete change of heart. She said we've been down this road too many times, and she didn't want to travel it again. I said it's a good thing because this time it's gonna turn into a dead end.

I think I'll find us a good counceler this coming week, and see where this leads. I'm terribly cautious about it at this point though. I guess that's just my survival instincts kicking in.

Thank you so much for your prayers, and words of encouragement.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Jerry, you have my prayer for peace in your family and a happy marriage. Remember the promise that Jesus made to us, i.e., "Ask your Father in heaven [in Jesus' name], and it shall be given you ... for every one that asketh receiveth." "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JerryLester,

I asked the Lord for grace for you. Really I don't know how to pray outside of that. For sure, I am sorry for your situation.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It sounds like you have the same problems as Hosea. You did not mention your relationship with Christ. you say that you want to get counciling, yet the greatest councillor is Christ. Are you doing what God tells you to do as a husband and father? Do you take a pro-active stand on teaching your children, or your wife? remember that a three fold chord is rarely broken, and when Christ is the center of your marriage, your strength comes from him.

vincit veritas
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Sounds like a real tough problem, but thankfully you turned to the right place, God. I will add you and your family to my prayers, trusting that God will lead you to a proper outcome.

God Bless my friend.

LeverMan

Life is too short to use anything but a LeverGun!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You certainly have a difficult situation. As one brother to another in Christ (I'm assuming you have trusted in our Lord Jesus for you salvation) I would remind you of two biblical analogies to your marital situation: God and His chosen people, the Israelites (the "spouse") always going astray and God's never-ending faithfulness to them even to the end. And...Christ's relationship to the church and to us as believers, straying here and there. I'm certainly not telling you what to do but has your wife had any serious counseling ( by a Christian according to scripture-i.e. "who she is in Christ") or maybe more important does she want to change and is she open to the prospect? Remember, you CAN'T change her; it must come from her, from a changed heart. But you can be faithful and loving as in our examples.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Jerry, I really know what you are dealing with, it sounds to me like you have reached the end of your rope from what you say i believe you have done whatever you could,just remember "OUR LORD SAID HE WOULD NEVER GIVE YOU MORE THAN YOU COULD HANDLE" Say a prayer for your children GOD will look after you. ART

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,560
Posts18,491,767
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.