Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Right! It was Carters fault and Clinton did what? I some how remember the economy doing nicely up to 2002+. Yes there was a lot of bad things that happened but the RNC and GW have rode this country into the ground and now someone has to fix this mess! "I pitty the Fool"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I agree with much of what you have posted here. All of Alaska if (is) fat on the pork that Ted has delivered to us and we have lots of waste in All part (?) we of Alaska including Fairbanks and Ellison ( that's Eielson AFB) AFB. With out the federal funds we receive life north of the Circle would be tough to handle. I have my hand out way to often and hope that some day there will be less of it wasted.

Even though you guys bet(beat) the hell out of my posts I respect you (your) right do have a different opinion than mine. It�s the joy of living in a country where differing opinions are ok, its called a democracy guys. The day you forget it is the day we are all in trouble. Keep in mind that those of us who are political centralist have suffered through 8 very long and painful years watching GW and company rape, pillage and burn a nice stable country into the ground and now we will all pay the price through a very unstable economic condition. Hopefully with the gains that you republicans have handed us on such a nice silver platter will not be wasted like your majority did from 2002- 2006. I actually believe we do a better job as a country when no one party controls all branches of the government. I look forward to seeing how the Dems dell (deal) with their new to be had power but at the same time it is very un-nerving.

Respect for the differences that we all have is the word of the day. Practice that in from of the mirror tonight and you will be a less judgmental man in the morning!

PS: I still believe McCain can win this thing.
OK, i fixed your screw ups for you, obviously you are not an english teacher. Just what the hell do you teach those kids up there??

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thank you!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I do find it interesting how real Alaskan residents view Palin. Some of you guys see her in a different light than we do up here.

Please explain what a real Alaskan is, I forget sometimes and get confused.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right! It was Carters fault and Clinton did what? I some how remember the economy doing nicely up to 2002+. Yes there was a lot of bad things that happened but the RNC and GW have rode this country into the ground and now someone has to fix this mess! "I pitty the Fool"

Sir, you are FULL of [bleep]. Your ignorance is demonstrated by that inaccurate generalization of a post.

GOA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A buddy of mine is a preacher in AK. He says the people really like Sarah. He really likes Sarah. Everybody I know really likes Sarah.

I really like Sarah.

And I understand perfectly why liberals and politicians really hate her. Makes perfect sense to me. And I'm glad for it!

Sifting chaff....

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Archerhunter, that's a ditto, yep.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August.

According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.

The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.

The RNC also spent $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September after reporting no such costs in August.

The cash expenditures immediately raised questions among campaign finance experts about their legality under the Federal Election Commission's long-standing advisory opinions on using campaign cash to purchase items for personal use.

Politico asked the McCain campaign for comment, explicitly noting the $150,000 in expenses for department store shopping and makeup consultation that were incurred immediately after Palin�s announcement. Pre-September reports do not include similar costs.

Spokeswoman Maria Comella declined to answer specific questions about the expenditures, including whether it was necessary to spend that much and whether it amounted to one early investment in Palin or if shopping for the vice presidential nominee was ongoing.

�The campaign does not comment on strategic decisions regarding how financial resources available to the campaign are spent," she said.
But hours after the story was posted on Politico's website and legal issues were raised, the campaign issued a new statement.

"With all of the important issues facing the country right now, it�s remarkable that we�re spending time talking about pantsuits and blouses," said spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt. "It was always the intent that the clothing go to a charitable purpose after the campaign."

The business of primping and dressing on the campaign trail has become fraught with political risk in recent years as voters increasingly see an elite Washington out of touch with their values and lifestyles.

In 2000, Democrat Al Gore took heat for changing his clothing hues. And in 2006, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) was ribbed for two hair styling sessions that cost about $3,000.

Then, there was Democrat John Edwards� $400 hair cuts in 2007 and Republican McCain�s $520 black leather Ferragamo shoes this year.

A review of similar records for the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee turned up no similar spending.

But all the spending by other candidates pales in comparison to the GOP outlay for the Alaska governor whose expensive, designer outfits have been the topic of fashion pages and magazines.

What hasn�t been apparent is where the clothes came from � her closet back in Wasilla or from the campaign coffers in Washington.

The answer can be found inside the RNC�s September monthly financial disclosure report under �itemized coordinated expenditures.�

It�s a report that typically records expenses for direct mail, telephone calls and advertising. Those expenses do show up, but the report also has a new category of spending: �campaign accessories.�

September payments were also made to Barney�s New York ($789.72) and Bloomingdale�s New York ($5,102.71).

Macy�s in Minneapolis, another store fortunate enough to be situated in the Twin Cities that hosted last summer�s Republican National Convention, received three separate payments totaling $9,447.71.

The entries also show a few purchases at Pacifier, a top notch baby store, and Steiniauf & Stroller Inc., suggesting $295 was spent to accommodate the littlest Palin to join the campaign trail.

An additional $4,902.45 was spent in early September at Atelier, a high-class shopping destination for men.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Floridabigfish
The Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August.

According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.

The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.

The RNC also spent $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September after reporting no such costs in August.

The cash expenditures immediately raised questions among campaign finance experts about their legality under the Federal Election Commission's long-standing advisory opinions on using campaign cash to purchase items for personal use.

Politico asked the McCain campaign for comment, explicitly noting the $150,000 in expenses for department store shopping and makeup consultation that were incurred immediately after Palin�s announcement. Pre-September reports do not include similar costs.

Spokeswoman Maria Comella declined to answer specific questions about the expenditures, including whether it was necessary to spend that much and whether it amounted to one early investment in Palin or if shopping for the vice presidential nominee was ongoing.

�The campaign does not comment on strategic decisions regarding how financial resources available to the campaign are spent," she said.
But hours after the story was posted on Politico's website and legal issues were raised, the campaign issued a new statement.

"With all of the important issues facing the country right now, it�s remarkable that we�re spending time talking about pantsuits and blouses," said spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt. "It was always the intent that the clothing go to a charitable purpose after the campaign."

The business of primping and dressing on the campaign trail has become fraught with political risk in recent years as voters increasingly see an elite Washington out of touch with their values and lifestyles.

In 2000, Democrat Al Gore took heat for changing his clothing hues. And in 2006, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) was ribbed for two hair styling sessions that cost about $3,000.

Then, there was Democrat John Edwards� $400 hair cuts in 2007 and Republican McCain�s $520 black leather Ferragamo shoes this year.

A review of similar records for the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee turned up no similar spending.

But all the spending by other candidates pales in comparison to the GOP outlay for the Alaska governor whose expensive, designer outfits have been the topic of fashion pages and magazines.

What hasn�t been apparent is where the clothes came from � her closet back in Wasilla or from the campaign coffers in Washington.

The answer can be found inside the RNC�s September monthly financial disclosure report under �itemized coordinated expenditures.�

It�s a report that typically records expenses for direct mail, telephone calls and advertising. Those expenses do show up, but the report also has a new category of spending: �campaign accessories.�

September payments were also made to Barney�s New York ($789.72) and Bloomingdale�s New York ($5,102.71).

Macy�s in Minneapolis, another store fortunate enough to be situated in the Twin Cities that hosted last summer�s Republican National Convention, received three separate payments totaling $9,447.71.

The entries also show a few purchases at Pacifier, a top notch baby store, and Steiniauf & Stroller Inc., suggesting $295 was spent to accommodate the littlest Palin to join the campaign trail.

An additional $4,902.45 was spent in early September at Atelier, a high-class shopping destination for men.

They had to do something, could you imagine her running around the country in her regular street cloths?
Besides her clothes will be sold after the election. I hear there are several men in florida who are willing to pay thousands for her or Todds underwear.

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ah, yes. There's nothing like taking a lady out on a clothes shopping spree. The smiles you get are worth every penny.

(This excludes Hillary, of course. The lady part...)

If ya don't like it think of it as an economic stimulus package expenditure. Or call it an earmark... or whatever...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So what. A woman needs clothes. Can't parade her around in flannel shirts, old cordaroys, whaleskin and mukkluks fer cryin out loud...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Floridabigfish

An itemized listing of Obama's and Biden's expenditures on accessorizes for themselves and their families is conspicuous by it's absence. Without the numbers for comparison the article and your post are a complete waste of bandwidth.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The GOP isn't spending "tax dollars" on her clothes, it's spending campaign donations. And the clothes are going to be auctioned off to charity after the election. Not really sure what the problem is here.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The GOP isn't spending "tax dollars" on her clothes, it's spending campaign donations. And the clothes are going to be auctioned off to charity after the election. Not really sure what the problem is here.
There isn't one IMO but the Dems and their fanclub are trying to make it one, typical.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Walt.

I hope you know that I like your messages and I know that you are for a sensible set of policies.

However, I do think that you would agree that the NPS has a very hands-off approach as does Jim Dau and USFWS in North West Alaska.

The Koyukuk used to be like that and the Wrangells were like this back in the past.

It is not that way anymore.

OBAMA will cinch up any federal land and develop the more restrictive policies.

Those people who decry Palin will be praying for anything that she can do to give them rights.

BTW Nick could hunt Kobuk Valley if he applied for and successively developed a 13.44 Traditional and Customary USE permit and filled out the 44 pages of paperwork and then appeared before the head Warden in Kotz. He would then have to apply for annual permits and keep up his permit.

Theoretically this could be the way that subsistence continues in Alaska.

I may be pessimistic but I am also a realist and deal with the Parkies constantly.

Sincerely,

Thomas

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Tell you what Seth, go ahead and send Sarah down here. Obviously she's no good to real Alaskan's like you. And for our part of the deal we'll give you Huzzie Obama to help warm the igloo on those cold winter nights. I'm sure he'll be of much more benefit to you than Sarah has been.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sarah is now ours. And when she gets VP, she sure as heck can wear anything she dang well pleases. Let those few Alaskan ingrates wander the permafrost.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Lessons learned from northwestalaska:

Promote business on internet forum. Act like a flaming homosexual on same forum.

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Ouch!

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Walt.

I hope you know that I like your messages and I know that you are for a sensible set of policies.

However, I do think that you would agree that the NPS has a very hands-off approach as does Jim Dau and USFWS in North West Alaska.

The Koyukuk used to be like that and the Wrangells were like this back in the past.

It is not that way anymore.

OBAMA will cinch up any federal land and develop the more restrictive policies.

Those people who decry Palin will be praying for anything that she can do to give them rights.

BTW Nick could hunt Kobuk Valley if he applied for and successively developed a 13.44 Traditional and Customary USE permit and filled out the 44 pages of paperwork and then appeared before the head Warden in Kotz. He would then have to apply for annual permits and keep up his permit.

Theoretically this could be the way that subsistence continues in Alaska.

I may be pessimistic but I am also a realist and deal with the Parkies constantly.

Sincerely,

Thomas

Thomas

Wow! That�s news to me and I will take your word on Jans. Yes the NPS does have very hands off policy and than goodness. Living up here in unit 23 is a hunting and fishing paradise. The idea of dealing with a bag limit is a distant memory for me and I like it! Its great to be able to take 15 caribou a day if I choose to and 1 moose a year is sweet! ! Sheep a year is cool to boot. Last summer my son and I took 50 pike in a single afternoon with most over 36 inches but we only kept 3 fish for the freezer. Life is expensive but good!

I disagree with you on how Obama will handle the hunting and fishing up here. His hands will be so full with the economy and the 2 wars this will be a non-issue.

Good incites! Finally a voice that uses some common sense and does not yell!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, akpls, AKislander, Akhutr, 11 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,547
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.