Print Thread
Hop To
Page 79 of 1,842 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
just make sure your safety is on, and you carring an empty chamber. grin

You don't want it to off before you're ready.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I'm a Delta boy, Safety is on at all times..lol

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Orange hat is singing The Time has come, today, kiddo says her hat is singing Thunder naaa naaa naaa. Thunder... She had a visit for more blood work yesterday and says her arm is sore but she wants to go hunting.

Thankfully my pasture to hunt I can easily see 1/4 mile from the house so I'm staying close to home. Anyway, We are off for the youth hunt shortly I'll have some pics later today or tomorrow. Hopefully she gets a deer and I'll find some ducks to follow tomorrow. Good Luck to anyone else going!

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thunder!!!!!! Oh my GAWD.... Kiddo scores a 10 point nontypical!!!!! 1 shot bang and deer is 20 yards at the first shot, kiddo squares in the shoulder, she shucks the Marlin 336 lever as the buck is haulin azz away from us and bang she nailed it again,deer is down only 30 yards from where it stood for good.. All this with iron sights and she saw 3 different bucks this morning..I'm SOOOO PROUD OF KIDDO!!!!pics to follow later...

Thankyou GOD!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WhooooooooooHoooooooooooooo sounds like a hell af a morning!!!

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
holy smokes wabo!!

Wooooo!!!

Good job kid!!

You better get us some pictures!!!

Dave

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
What a morning!!! Just finished cutting up the deer, and going to get cleaned up. Pics soon I promise. My cousins 8 year old scores a doe from the back porch of a new house in progress being built for my sister and her hubby too. They had all but quit for the morning with two boys both cousins hunting together with thier Dads. My Bro in Law is showing Cousin and Cousins Dad the house and two does walk out. They count to three and both boys shoot at the same time, one of the boys missed. They said the 7 year old was shaking like a leaf he was so excited.

My kiddo said her heart was pounding as I was whispering to her to hold for the clear shot, she had to hold on the deer for like 2 minutes waiting for the first shot. As her buck is walking toward us she whispers when do I shoot, I say when I say boom. I say and I hear the report watching the deer take off, I knew I would be dragging his azz from the bottom of an 80 foot holler. Nope kiddo plows him again and drops it in the pasture it was too easy driving the 4 wheeler over and slidin him in the trailer. I'm still over flowing with emotion with all the stuff that has been going on to see her first smile as she was running toward the deer. She looks back smiling/glowing, I hope I never forget that look,she was yelling common Daddy I got him, I wanna see that buck...

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Ok guys if ya want to see kiddo I'm going to need someone's email addy because the fire isn't wanting to link to the pics from my pic site for some reason. Any volunteers. Thanks!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
wabo,sincerest congtatulations to the youngun on her deer.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
After Alot of proding from kiddo I finally figured out the problem with my site and posting pics, I had to get the wife to help..lol... So here kiddo is...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
My Deer from 2 years ago when kiddo first started really paying attention to deer hunting, ya think she was learning? Gotta luv the marlin levers!!!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sweet, tell her congrats on a fine hunt!!

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh that's awesome wabo!!!

great job kid!!

me & my oldest boy just crawled out of the woods, tired & dirty. broke the dang tractor again, lost my new cell phone out in the woods & had to go look for it with a lantern in the dark LOL!! (it's funny cause I found it)

we got pam's stand done, sliding plexiglass windows, a buddy heater, camo on the outside, she's set.

I'm tire'd & dirty. gotta clean up & see if I can get these pictures off my phone so I can show you guys. only camera i had this weekend was my dang cell phone.

got a pick of the notorious forky toe track again too.... he's getting bigger.

tell that kid great job wabo!!

Dave

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks guys!!! I'll tell her, ya know little weezy has become kind of a mentor to her. She is watching and counting on you guys to show us how to have fun. Your doing a pretty Great job so far, building a new camp, putting up comfy shootin house's and stands, camping trips, fishing, 4 wheeling.

Dave its starting now only two weeks away for our opening, I'm beginning to convert and the urge to step into hunting mode is getting stronger. Looking forward to your pics too, eachtime I step outside now I'm thinking more and more about sitting listening to the sounds of deer coming in.

Standing beside my munchkin while those deer were soo close to us I realized something. My hunting career is just Really beginning, here I thougt I was midway through or further. Nope Kiddo doing that beside me and now I know the REAL FUN is only just beginning!!!

Lets keep sharing our fun together with eachother for this to me is what hunting is Really all about. The Stories, the hardships, the sucesses and failures, the friendships made, the shared knowledge. Thanks for your thread here Dave!!!!! I feel I've made abunch of new hunting pals because of this place!!!! Kiddo feels the same and wants to say hi to Weezy along with the rest of you guys and Good Luck to everyone's hunting as well...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
first an updated forky toe track find. beverage can for size reference.

[Linked Image]

sorry these are crappy pictures, camera phone.

looking up the ladder to pam's new stand

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
one more of the stand

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Now thats what I'd call a shootin house of comfort!!!! Your going to have MrsDave spoiled if you aren't careful.. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
YES, YES, YES!!!!
Awsome wabo..... Congrants to the girl, and you. You do know her campfire name is Thunder now right?

Thunder, it sounds like Thunder Struck for sure.

Wabo, no body deserves that buck more than you guys. FRIGGIN AWSOME.

That is just great. Great I tell ya. If I was there I give her a hug, so you have to do it for me. Looks like daddy has a taxidermy bill 'eh?

My father in law got a pretty good 10pt on Friday, if he ever figures out his e mail, I'll put up the pics. decent tines and 19" wide. Nice buck.

Congrats again Wabo.

Tom

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
first an updated forky toe track find. beverage can for size reference.

[Linked Image]

No wonder he's forky toed. He's a damn drunk. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ND, thats not even the flavor of most but it'll work in a pinch i am sure! looks like a dandy, congrats on the deer wabo for kiddo too! oh how i can't wait to bring the kids hunting. doesn't get any funner than that!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you get that damn wedding out of the way so you can play now? grin

It's orange hat week.

Something clever here.

Page 79 of 1,842 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (1_deuce, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 10 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.