This just in overnite from them.

http://www.cooperfirearms.com/

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The old "throw him under the bus" approach. Can't really blame them - I imagine most of not all of the Cooper employees saw how stupid it was for Dan to go so public as a quote in the USA Today liberal rag. Nothing like rubbing their noses in his support for an anti-gun candidate.

Someone will write a PhD dissertation on this whole event one day!!

Phil

Last edited by Phil09; 10/30/08.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
sounds like they did the right thing, basically forced him to resign before the company is ruined. Regarding the PhD dissertation, when I was in college, I had to write an editorial position paper in a technical writing class. I wrote mine on how the Gun Control Act of 1968 was an overreaction to the assassinations of John and Bobby Kennedy and promptly was rewarded with an F by a liberal professor. I ended up with my only C of my college carreer. I guess I misunderstood the part where the paper was supposed to take an editorial position on my personal opinion. Since my opinion didn't match up with his lib philosophy, I received an F.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I still don't trust Cooper. I think Dan is still recieving money from the company.

If I give Cooper my money and they give part of it Dan and Dan gives part of it to Obama, I am sick.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jstevens
sounds like they did the right thing, basically forced him to resign before the company is ruined. Regarding the PhD dissertation, when I was in college, I had to write an editorial position paper in a technical writing class. I wrote mine on how the Gun Control Act of 1968 was an overreaction to the assassinations of John and Bobby Kennedy and promptly was rewarded with an F by a liberal professor. I ended up with my only C of my college carreer. I guess I misunderstood the part where the paper was supposed to take an editorial position on my personal opinion. Since my opinion didn't match up with his lib philosophy, I received an F.

Doncha just love tenured academic freedom!

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jkob
This just in overnite from them.

http://www.cooperfirearms.com/

The questions still remain. Where did he go? What is he doing? Did he sell his share of the company? Unless he totally divested himself, he's still on the receiving end of profits.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I suspect Dan Cooper is no longer associated with Cooper Firearms like Obama is no longer associated with ACORN.

Mathew 22: 37-39

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If we don't protect ourselves we will wind up with a country
where anyone can vote for whever they want.
Can't be too careful.
Good luck!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
quotes from the article:
In a statement Thursday to USA TODAY, Cooper said, "There is nothing on this earth I will not do for my employees � we have fought through 20 years of building what I believe to be the finest rifles built in America �When the internet anger turned on these innocent people, I felt it was important to distance myself from the company so as not to cause any further harm."

He said he had resigned the company. He did not address whether he will maintain an ownership stake � except to say, "stronger measures may be forthcoming."

"It's a really McCarthyism at its worst," said Bob Ricker, executive director of the American Hunters and Shooters Association, which has endorsed Obama. "That's really why our organization was formed, was to deal with this craziness. If you're a gun owner, but you have a contrary view to some of these wackos, they will go out and try to destroy you."

Interesting.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As far as I am concerned, and I make my living with firearms, Bob Ricker and his organization sucks! And anyone who would endorse a candidate that stands in any form of opposition to the Constitution, can bite me.

Lock, Stock and Barrel gunworks
SLC, Ut
USMC 69-73

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You are correct, He has no 1st Ammendment rights.
Good Luck!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by g5m
quotes from the article:
In a statement Thursday to USA TODAY, Cooper said, "There is nothing on this earth I will not do for my employees � we have fought through 20 years of building what I believe to be the finest rifles built in America �When the internet anger turned on these innocent people, I felt it was important to distance myself from the company so as not to cause any further harm."

He said he had resigned the company. He did not address whether he will maintain an ownership stake � except to say, "stronger measures may be forthcoming."

"It's a really McCarthyism at its worst," said Bob Ricker, executive director of the American Hunters and Shooters Association, which has endorsed Obama. "That's really why our organization was formed, was to deal with this craziness. If you're a gun owner, but you have a contrary view to some of these wackos, they will go out and try to destroy you."

Interesting.

More of Obama's plant organizations. Why not, the filthy SOB is taking money from terrorist for his campaign.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Thank God Dan Cooper took a stand!!!

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took a stand for what? kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hawkins
You are correct, He has no 1st Ammendment rights.
Good Luck!

He, like you, can say and support anything and anyone he wants. I can as well. And in instances like this I vote with my money, and my money won't be going into good ol' Dan's pockets.

Lock, Stock and Barrel gunworks
SLC, Ut
USMC 69-73

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It is one thing to protest, It is quite another to demand that
he is stripped of his employment and property.
Good Luck!

D
D
Originally Posted by hawkins
It is one thing to protest, It is quite another to demand that he is stripped of his employment and property.

Good Luck!

Oh, you mean that we can't, in a free market economy, decide to boycott a company whose president takes on the role of supporting a politician who promises to deprive us of our property through increased taxes and gun bans. No one is forcing Cooper to fire Dan Cooper---they have decided that it's best for their company to get rid of Dan Cooper---it was their choice, not ours. We all make our choices and reap the benefits or pay the price.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I'm sure you know that the 1st amendment insures the government cannot restrict your right of speach. It does not insure you are protected from any public reaction to your statements.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
McCarthy was right - there were Communists lurking in government, media and education. Now they're likely to be in the White House too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 10Glocks, 16 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,945
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.