Page 81 of 1,842 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by tzone
ya got a urinal in da stand?

I thought you of all people would be eyeballing the front porch to whizz off of...... laugh

grin

like you don't pizz off the porch...

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by big drift
Hey ya hit over 50k views so there must be something about this thread...

holy smokes, that's just crazy.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
when it used to be on the telephone poles 12' in the air thats where we would go off of. never bothered the deer at all. ND, where did you get that camo for your stand. Maybe need to call camoclad for some blaze camo for this project.

picked that stuff up at fleet in town. 3'wide, 50' long, only like 12 bucks.

patern is small & really repeats a lot on something that large though frown

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
thats really giving me some good ideas now. might just call for a mid summers paint job in the works. put some mags on the trailer too. dave better get his road fixed up nicely in case we really go mobile, make it wider trail dave!! all i need then is a flashing orange light for the roof and the war party has arrived!!

you can make it through the timber part of the road, just be careful not to drop it in the moat when you get close to the shack grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

you can make it through the timber part of the road, just be careful not to drop it in the moat when you get close to the shack grin

moat...got any dragons?

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
the moat is the scariest part of the whole adventure on the way to dave's. i almost thought i seen nelly in there last year on my way home. i better check fleet out, i got to get the hookups for the heater tonight anyways...a day like today is making it real hard to stay at work!! feel like the need to be grunting or something

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yes, for sure. it's damn nice out eh?

I should be out working on my own stands....

I done fixed everybody elses stands!!

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i am calling it quits on the stands for this year other than getting the heat in the war wagon. it'll be nice and warm come opening morning if i leave the heat on all night. i'm bout the only one in our party that ever works on the deer stands and its a good thing i got lester to help out. so i usually let him sit in my stands too. i've kinda graduated my stand from the trusty old tri-pod that is usually a good go to one then i went 4x8 enclosed, last year it was a real nice 6x8 now this 12x12. hopefully i make it out of the shack on saturday morning.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
make it out of the shack. with a stand like that, you have no reason to go in the shack.

that is a very cool stand.

what are the temps supposed to be up there for the opener. the range looks like it'll be in the mid to high 30's. a guy could sit all day in that weather.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
thanks!! suppose to be in the 30's here. thats nice sitting weather. i even like to do that outside. i can sit on the deck in that weather now...hehe! the last couple days we've been watching the bucks chase the does already. you can almost walk right in on them.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

grin
like you don't pizz off the porch...

Well, I have the decency to walk to the other side of the driveway in the front yard and do it..... laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
good. I'm hoping to walk right up on one...laying on the ground about 7:10 on Saturday am.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
morning or mid day is a good time to shoot a deer.

I have mixed feelings on evening post. I become more ... fussy. I'm not going to gut just anything in the dark. grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You have grin in that sentance, but I feel the same way. Probably shouldn't, but I do. If I have 1/2 of good light left, I have no problem shooting whatever. I've passed up deer quite a bit in the last two years because I didn't want to take care of them in the dark. Espically if I have to work the next day.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I sure as hell don't want to track anything in the dark, so if i feel the light is a factor in my confidence with the shot... well then I'll just mess with the deer instead of shooting it.

grunt tube, bleat, rattle, fart... what ever's workin at the time grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
tracking in swamps, in the dark, isn't my favorite thing to do either.

Most of the time when I try to mess with them, they either run or give no reaction.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
most of the time the no reaction is what i get.

so, I grunt louder... it's surprising how loud you have to call sometimes just to turn a head or stop them.

tractor power steering hose is fixed. I'll head out there from work tomorrow, fix the tractor, drop the mower & hook up the back blade so i can fix the road a little.

it gets dark at 5 now, so even if i leave work at 2 i'll be pushing it for daylight.

but it's got headlights grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by northern_dave

moat...got any dragons?

come on Tom, dragons? phfthththtt!! As if!

no we don't have any stupid dragons. this is northern mn, cedar & tamarack swamps..

dragons....

sure we might have a giant swamp squid problem...

[Linked Image]

and that flying bear issue...

[Linked Image]

and chickenbucks.....

[Linked Image]

but dragons? that's just silly.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by wabo

[Linked Image]

hey everybody! weezy here! sorry about not logging on every once in a while!!!busy!
WOW!! kiddo really nice deer!!! thats awesome!!! 10 points for the girls!!! whooooooooo!!! now i am pumped!!! really nice! sounds like you had a good time hunting! hope i see another pic of a deer from you!!!

for everybody else be prepared to see me with big ole forky toe, just a smiling!!! (dad in the background with a little frown!) i gotta feeling that hes ready for me to get him!!! i will do whatever it takes!! i will even sit in the pond!!! jk prolly wont do that,but i will get him. THUNDER STRUCK!! grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
well i surely hope the trail is groomed because i get a little afraid of a chevy sliding off into the moat and sinking like the titanic out in the dark forest....i seen a lot of deer out and about tonight again, i think there making plans of running away before season.

Page 81 of 1,842 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (308xray, 300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 29 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.