Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by isaac
If he did, why is the SC compelling him to do so?

Did the SCOTUS demand proof? Do Clerks have the power to demand anything? Is there an order from the Supreme Court to produce documents? Where can we see this order in .pdf format?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Maybe a starting point for a search:

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/08-570.htm

Bruce

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
No, they would not. Constitutionally, they could only vote for any of the top three Electoral College voter recipients. BHO and McCain are the only two that received such votes, thus if BHO were to be ruled ineligible, McCain would have to receive the votes.

Are the electors committed only for the first ballot? If so, and if McCain didn't get a majority on the first ballot, then the electors could vote for anyone on the second ballot.

It seems to me that if the electors are to cast their votes for one of the top three, and 270 votes are needed, then they must be bound only for the first ballot. If McCain can't get 270 electors to vote for him on the first ballot, then all bets are off for the second ballot. They could vote for Dick Cheney if they wanted (just to throw another name into the pot! crazy grin)

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
siskiyou hit it. If Hussie the Mussie is eliminated for any reason his expected course of action would be to free his delegates to vote for whomever. In this case, if Hussie is truly out, Hillary is in. However Hussie may well choose refusal to cooperate which would put the pooh-pie on the table of the DNC and riots in the street.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Guys, ya'll need to quit dreamin' his going to be certed by the Electors, bunker down and get ready for the screwing we are about to receive, they will not pull the anointed one for anything. Wake Up dammit!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rob Miller
I don't resemble anything near a forensics expert but seems like the kind of money that backed the BO campaign could probably produce a pretty good forgery, if it came right down to it....

My take:
If they need a forgery, they already have it in a back pocket.
If they end up needing a forgery (and they indeed do have one), they have no reason to present it until compelled to. Why take the risk?
If they need a forgery and they have one, you can bet it's a good one.

My guess is that however these issues play out, B. H. O'bama will be inaugurated President come January.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter

My take:
If they need a forgery, they already have it in a back pocket.
If they end up needing a forgery (and they indeed do have one), they have no reason to present it until compelled to. Why take the risk?
If they need a forgery and they have one, you can bet it's a good one.

My guess is that however these issues play out, B. H. O'bama will be inaugurated President come January.

Steve

I think that is the most likely result. If North Korea can forge damn good greenbacks, $1 billion will buy you a BC in a backwards state in the middle of the Pacific.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah, he mostly likely is beyond this problem. Doubtful he will be eliminated by anyone for 4 years. Even if he doesn't meet specs I'm sure all required for "proof" are already onboard with proper "documentation". Hussie the Mussie, u da man prez.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If BHO produces a certificate - it won't get much scrutiny. Essentially they will look at it, see it is ink on paper and go about their business. AINT never gonna happen that SCOTUs invalidates the election. NEVER.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Playing Devil's Advocate, let's say the SCOTUS invalidates BHO as the President-Elect.

Then what?

I guess they will have to give it to the candidates who came in second to BHO/biden laugh

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Playing Devil's Advocate, let's say the SCOTUS invalidates BHO as the President-Elect.

Then what?

I guess they will have to give it to the candidates who came in second to BHO/biden laugh

We've had an election. The election determined which electoral college delegates will meet on December 13. If O'bama is ruled ineligible, his delegates will not be bound to him and will simply vote for someone else. My guess is that none will vote for McCain. This election is over, no matter what.

Steve

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
We could only be so lucky to get them to riot out here in rural areas. It would not go well for them!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I'm not sure who the biggest idiots are on this thread.....the Licher of Mann is the most likley candidate but ya'll all are giving it a run for the money....

FactCheck: About FactCheck.org
Our Mission

We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.

The Annenberg Political Fact Check is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg in 1994 to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels.

The APPC accepts NO funding from business corporations, labor unions, political parties, lobbying organizations or individuals. It is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation.

June 16, 2008
Q: Has Obama's birth certificate been disclosed?
Is Barack Obama a "natural-born citizen"? It is hard to believe he could get this far in the electoral process and not have a sufficient answer to this question, I admit, but has his birth certificate been disclosed?

A: Yes. His campaign made a copy public after speculation by conservative bloggers that he might not be a "natural-born citizen."
We asked for and received a copy from the Obama campaign. It is too large to display full size on this page, but you may click on this link to see a copy of the document just as we received it.

It indicates Obama was born at 7:24 p.m. Aug. 4, 1961, in Honolulu. That should be no surprise, as it merely documents what Obama and his biographers have always said. But the document should put to rest groundless speculation raised on some conservative Web sites that Obama might not have been born in the U.S. and therefore might not qualify under the Constitution as a "natural-born citizen" to be president.

The speculation was not based on any evidence. Bloggers raised questions based on the absence of evidence, specifically the lack of a publicly available copy of a birth certificate and the supposed "secrecy" surrounding it. For example, the conservative World Net Daily posted a June 10 article with the headline, "Is Obama's candidacy constitutional?; Secrecy over birth certificate, demand for 'natural-born' citizenship cited." Soon after, some of our readers began asking us the same thing.

The "secrecy" ended when Tommy Vietor at the Obama campaign sent a message to us and other reporters saying, "I know there have been some rumors spreading about Obama�s citizenship, so I wanted to make sure you all had a copy of his birth certificate." A digital image was attached.

Hawaii state law forbids the release of birth or marriage certificates to anyone but the persons named in the documents or their immediate relatives. This copy carries a date stamp of "Jun 6 - 2007" (which has bled through from the reverse side), and is, therefore, probably a copy obtained by Obama himself at that time.

Incidentally, John McCain has been the subject of similar speculation based on the fact that he was born in the Panama Canal Zone. But as we explained in an earlier Ask FactCheck, he's also a U.S. citizen under laws going back to 1790, even though he wasn't born in the country.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Floridabigfish
I'm not sure who the biggest idiots are on this thread.....the Licher of Mann is the most likley candidate but ya'll all are giving it a run for the money....

FactCheck: About FactCheck.org
Our Mission

We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.

The Annenberg Political Fact Check is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg in 1994 to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels.

I think we've found the biggest idiot in this thread.

Obama worked for the very entity that owns and maintains Factcheck.org and you are not only dumb enough to consider it an unbiased authority on him and don't see the conflict of interest, but you skip right over the fact this has been pointed out in this thread.

"Obama served on the board of directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge from 1995 to 2002, as founding president and chairman of the board of directors from 1995 to 1999.[23]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama#Early_life_and_career

"The Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC) was a Chicago public school reform project from 1995 to 2001 that worked with half of Chicago's public schools and was funded by a $49.2 million, 2-to-1 matching challenge grant over five years from the Annenberg Foundation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Annenberg_Challenge

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought you guys would put away the tinfoil hats until 2012, but I guess I was wrong.

I'm sure he will be a terrible President after all, your collective hero Bush did such a good job.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by martinbns
I thought you guys would put away the tinfoil hats until 2012, but I guess I was wrong.

I'm sure he will be a terrible President after all, your collective hero Bush did such a good job.

Alberta?

Then this is none of your affair.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have to imagine that Obama and his 'crew' have more than enough resources to pull off a forgery for his long form birth certificate ...

However, I have to have hope on two other fronts:

1. that "the other side" has enough resources to be able to prove that it is a forgery, if it does turn out to be one ...

2. that the SCOTUS will not just say "show it to me" and then when presented with it, just say "ok, you're good to go." ... I'd have to believe that they will have it tested in some way to make sure it's official, which of course would be in everyone's best interest if the SCOTUS really wants to put this issue to bed either way ...

As for the question on what happens IF the anointed one is found to be ineligible ... well, it's a shame that the path for correction does not seem so clear cut ...

-WGM-
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Personally I hope GITMO is in Hussein's future if indeed he is trying fraudulently to become POTUS.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
WOW! this is quite interesting! I wonder what percentage of chances of this happening really are?

About the same odds that you will go to take a dump tonight and your colon will spontaneously assemble the feces inside it into 15 water proof Swiss watches which will then pass into your toilet bowl. That clear it up enough for you?

Why not Fox,Rush or the other Conservative putlets all over it, though?

Because there is actually some horse s### so bogus and retarded that even Rush Limbaugh won't touch it. Not much, but some.

As I said in an earlier post, read at your own peril. Some whacko may have made it up.

And we now have an official winner for our "Understatement of the Year" award. Congratulations Ethan. We will get that trophy out to you as soon as the engraving is finished.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Admittedly this case doesn't have much a chance of success. But for you Liberal moron twits that refuse to actualy read and or condsider facts please look at the following:

http://origin.www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/08-570.htm

It is before the US Supreme Court. as response to a "writ of certiorari" is due December 1st, a couple weeks before the electoral college votes.

Also, the document shown by "Factcheck.org" is not a document that proves that Obama was physically born in Hawaii. A true birth certificate is signed by a physician and witnessed and in his case would be 47years old. What they show is a short form reprint of a "Certificate of Live Birth" which can be applied for in Hawaii at that time for babies born elsewhere.

The facts that his family members report that he was born in Mombasa, Kenya and that he's not yet produced a real birth certificate, a copy of which he could have easily obtained in Hawaii when he went to visit his Grandmother give valid reasons to suspect that these rumors might be true.

So while it's unlikely for Obama to be ruled an invalid canidate by the Supreme Court, the case is on their docket - look for yourself.
There are valid reasons to suspect that he was not born in Hawaii as claimed.
FactCheck.org did not see a true Birth Certificate.

Just wait and see what happens it might be interesting..............................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 50 invisible), 2,832 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,421
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.