-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some great advice here. I like the Dunn knives and have several, maybe because I live in KS. I met Mr. Dunn at his shop about 1990, and he seemed more proud of his leather and sewing machine than his brilliance with D2 tool SS. A true master. His family runs the shop now, I think, and use S60V stainless tool steel. I also like Anza knives and Grohmann Canadian knives and have several of each. Good luck.

GB1

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I have no personal experience with Norfleet and I have seen pics of his knives and heard that he is an excellent craftsman but I would check out Blade Forums Good Bad and Ugly sub forum before ordering. There are several threads with dozens of guys who have had orders pending for months and some for years. All have had trouble contacting Norfleet. He has come on and said he is having medical trouble and that he will make good all his orders but he is also repeatedly posting finished knives for sale that don't get shipped and this, while others still wait for their knives. Again, I don't know the man and have heard good things about his work but I would not count on a timely delivery.

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gene270
kyhunter

i will give dunn knives another plug as i recently ordered a dozier and it will take a year to get.
dunn knives has their knives in stock and are made out of 60v which will carry an edge for some time they also come with a quality leather sheath. dunnknives .com they offer a money back offer if not satisfied

I bought a Dozier Pro Skinner from AG Russell and had it in my hand in two weeks. D2 blade and a perfect field knife. Hold an edge well and I am very happy with it. Nothing fancy. Just a good solid working knife.

http://www.agrussell.com/dozier-knives/c/514/

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just looked at AG Russell and they are 3 months out on some Doziers. Hunting season, I suppose. Check availability.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Michigan Knives has several different makers of excellent knives that fit your description in stock. He usually carries Charles May, Gene Ingram, Randall and others. If he is out of one you want he has perpetual orders with these and others and new ones will come soon usually. If the knife is in stock, his customer service is second to none, very fast shipping. He may sell Dozier too, I'm not sure. http://www.michiganknives.com/

IC B2

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I just checked Michigan knives and he has several Dan Kotts(sp?) knives in stock. These are very similar to Doziers and Dan is Bob Dozier's stepson I believe. Nice knives and excellent customer service from Michigan knives. You will pay a premium for immediate delivery but it is not exorbitant.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not denigrating Bill at Michigan Knives at all, but I ordered a Crotts knife from Daniel/Wendi in September that was totally custom. Blade altered, CPM154 vs D2, flat grind in lieu of hollow, aluminum corby's in lieu of brass or stainless, beaded scales, satin finish, etc, etc. - and it was in my hands in one month, for less than the standard knives list by retailers. IMO the premium to save 3 weeks or so is not worth it, but again, that's JMO...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Yeah, you a probably right about that. I didn't realize Crotts delivery time was so short.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

182 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 300_savage, 264mag, 23 invisible), 14,438 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,964
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.