Print Thread
Hop To
Page 85 of 1,842 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I don't know nothing about that blizzard Wabo, the snow must have melted before i was born in 1970 grin

Oldest member of our camp is my uncle but 1940 was before his time too.

We had some dandy snow storms up here in the 70's, into the 80's as well. I know about those ones.

The boy, my nephew. Yeah he got an antlerless with the bow this year. Also I heard from him yesterday that he & his buddy back home boubled up on a really nice buck with rifles. He never answered me as to who tagged it though. Then later yesterday he sent me a txt message saying he got a good doe. So he's doing just fine on deer so far this year.

His big focus or at least what he should be focusing on is his football. He's a senior this year, a hell of a football player & his team is in the finals for going to state. He's got a big game this weekend on saturday. I'm wishing him the best of luck! Wouldn't it be something to go out on your senior year in high school being the team that brought your school to state?

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I'm wishing him the best of luck! Wouldn't it be something to go out on your senior year in high school being the team that brought your school to state?

Just think of the wool he'll pull if he does that. grin

It would be cool. The sate championship, and pullin' wool.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Dave,
What school does he play for? I will watch for them in the papers and see how they do.

ahh, deer camps. You either understand or you dont. It is killing me being at work and not there right now. I will be going back up on Friday.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
PM on the way.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Wabo - Me, the wife and our 10 year old son cooked up the inner tenderloins last night and nibbled as we de-boned and cut up quarters and back straps on our counter top in the kitchen. Now she says she is NEVER hunting again because of this process. I don't buy it. It's in her blood now. Processing your own deer is back breaking tedious work (if you do it right)and every year you complain about how much it sucks but as soon as its in the freezer your mind starts wandering to when you can go hunt another one. Yep...she says she's done. I don't buy it. wink

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

And that's why I agreed to sell my foreskin to Michael Jackson to build his new nose with.

Now that is some funny $hit right there buddy!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey ND, I must tell you about this weekend, we had some company at our camp this weekend, it was my good hunting buddy Chucks Dad and brother come up. It was a hard season for them as its there first without him. Well, we gathered everyone at camp and had a litte toast and dedication to him and reminisced some great memories. The thing nobody new about it is that i had a 16" sawblade painted of him and his last biggest buck that he had mounted. It resembles him quite well, its something for our memories to look back upon him and keep him apart of our camp. It brought tears to alot of eyes. I even think he maybe chased that buck out to me the other afternoon. He'll be with us!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well, he's white, I'm white... it was a decent enough match although I am a bit darker than him.

he paid pretty good for it.

I understand he's having some troubles with his new nose though.

When ever he's around pretty girls his nose quadruples in size. He's really not used to that sort of reaction from any part of his body so he is having a tough time adjusting.

It's not been too frequent of a problem for him though since he preferrs to surround himself by the company of little boys & petting zoo animals.

wink

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's cool Buschy.

I have a slot in the gunrack with my cousin's initials on it.

The spot in the gun rack was empty all weekend. no word was spoke of it but I know his dad & his son both saw it & knew what it was.

If you guys are reading this, I just want you to know it doesn't have to sit empty you know.

It was just a little way for me to say there is & always be a spot there for him.

Go ahead & stick your gun in that spot if you want. You both have first dibs on it.

Could be good luck you know.

I might use the spot myself sometime.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
thats pretty neat with the gun rack like that too! There will always be a lot of good memories and as long as you remember them he'll be there with you. we're hoping that he's out guarding our bucks for us now while we're at work. Can't wait to get out there agian. won't be long now.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, he's white, I'm white... it was a decent enough match although I am a bit darker than him.

he paid pretty good for it.

I understand he's having some troubles with his new nose though.

When ever he's around pretty girls his nose quadruples in size. He's really not used to that sort of reaction from any part of his body so he is having a tough time adjusting.

It's not been too frequent of a problem for him though since he preferrs to surround himself by the company of little boys & petting zoo animals.

wink

grin grin grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's cool Buschy.

I have a slot in the gunrack with my cousin's initials on it.

The spot in the gun rack was empty all weekend. no word was spoke of it but I know his dad & his son both saw it & knew what it was.

If you guys are reading this, I just want you to know it doesn't have to sit empty you know.

It was just a little way for me to say there is & always be a spot there for him.

Go ahead & stick your gun in that spot if you want. You both have first dibs on it.

Could be good luck you know.

I might use the spot myself sometime.

That's pretty cool Dave. Cool indeed. They know what it is for, and so does he...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Saw a big one this morning on my way to work.

really big.

I called the county to come fix the road he destroyed when he ran across in front of me.

I fell into one of the craters he left, tore the right front wheel off the chevy (pam's car)

had to drive the rest of the way to work on 3 wheels.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
sounds like the chevy's I know. grin

Can you hunt him?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone

Can you hunt him?

he's pretty safe where he's at.

I dunno, maybe i could get permission but i got other plans for this weekend starting tonight.

camp chickenbuck.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, there is always forky toes.

We got a ghost buck at the range camp. Even have sheds from him that were dropped the second week of deer season in 2000. crazy

Some of those old dudes just don't want to get shot for some reason.

You goin by yourself.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

You goin by yourself.

taking my little sharp shooter with me.

my oldest boy "runs with scissors"

we hope to see my dad and 2 of my brudders out there on friday.

i am having veddy, veddy tough time being here at work right now.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Can you hunt him?

he's pretty safe where he's at.

I dunno, maybe i could get permission but i got other plans for this weekend starting tonight.

camp chickenbuck.

Aw heck. The odds of that big 'ol rutty buck being there are not too good anyway. By friday he might be havin a shoving match with 'ol forkey toes under Pam's taj mahol stand. wink

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Rooster....

I just heard the boy got himseff in trouble.

skipped school yesterday to hunt.... and now he can't play in the game this weekend.....

the big game, the one in the big dome.....

oof, not good.

his mama gonna skin him.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Rooster....

I just heard the boy got himseff in trouble.

skipped school yesterday to hunt.... and now he can't play in the game this weekend.....

the big game, the one in the big dome.....

oof, not good.
his mama gonna skin him.

I heard that too. I'm sick for him. It is state quarter finals so I hope to God they win so he has another shot to play in the dome being a senior and all. Uff ya.........not good.

Page 85 of 1,842 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.