Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I mean no ill words here, but I much respect Mule Deer's opinion due to his credentials and his years of writings/publications. The man helped write a book on bullets. I dont need much more than that.

His opinion/experience matters more than most to me.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by kyreloader
I mean no ill words here, but I much respect Mule Deer's opinion due to his credentials and his years of writings/publications. The man helped write a book on bullets. I dont need much more than that.

His opinion/experience matters more than most to me.

That's not a problem, but that doesn't change the fact or the results that I have posted along with picture that prove beyound a shadow of a dought the results.
Your choice

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
And I made it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I have a ton of info and pictures, maybe I'll write a book will that make my info more "Valid"?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Thanks JB;

I haven't noticed either grin

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yes it would. Years of experience and testing and talking to bullet companies means alot to me.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a ton of info and pictures, maybe I'll write a book will that make my info more "Valid"?

It wouldn't be anymore valid than it is now, because you clearly have an agenda.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
What is the title of this thread?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by BWalker

It wouldn't be anymore valid than it is now, because you clearly have an agenda.

You are still full of BS. Do you have any thing of value to add? Any picture? Anything?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lemme see if I can dig up some trumped up gut pics.....

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You as wipe there is nothing trumped up in the photos that I have posted, you lack of intellegence knows no bounds

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My azz. The zebra heart photo is so bogus its not even funny and for a variety of reasons.
And even then its still not very impressive.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Again you are full of bull [bleep].
Now you have started with the personal insults again since you are essentialy calling me a liar and a fraud

You truely are a real 100% bon-a-fide Dick Head

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Not I who cast the first stone in regards to insults, but yea I am essentially calling you a liar and fraud....
Do you think people are so stupid as to not notice that you took that zebra heart photo from very close distance and that you splayed the lung off to the side to make the wound look larger?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
They are as they fell. You are a real piece of Sh..t and that is apparent for all to see

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I guess JJHack is wrong about TSX bullets as well? According to you they are worthless

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,121982.0.html

JJHACK
Trade Count: (0)
A Real Regular

Thoughts on the TSX bullets from this past season
� on: July 10, 2007, 11:11:06 PM � Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think many of you have read and know my opinion on the TSX bullets. I have been using them for myself and my loaner rifles at the lodge in Africa for three years now. During that time I've seen a few odd things, but over all they have been fantastic. I have also formed some rather strong opinions on the TSX and bullets in general over my career in big game hunting.

Because of this experience I get a whole lot of Email and PM's from people who don't really want to post an opinion or comment due to the possible ridicule and internet fighting that goes on with bullets, and hunting gear in general. These additional opinions from individuals adds a lot to the big picture for me. They are not biased, or employed by bullet makers. They simply want to share real world experience without the crap offered by many folks on Hunting Forums.

It seems that rather then open your mind to weird possibilities that can occur from time to time, many people prefer to defend their choice as if it's one of their offspring. Regardless if it's a bullet choice, rifle, optics, etc. Many people are very defensive of the equipment they choose. I simply no longer care what people use, or what brand is the current most popular. I just want to get to the truth and see what really works best for "ME".

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

More from JJHack

I cannot explain why there is a frequent exit hole that looks as if there is no expansion when using the TSX. This past year I examined all the body cavities of game shot very carefully. Everyone of them shot with the TSX bullets showed 1" to 2" shattered holes through the rib bones and surrounding tissue, ...........even with bore size exit holes. I can no longer accept that the bullets do not expand, but rather push their way out with the skin stretching to pop out the bullet, then recovering back to bore diameter. With a 2" shattered hole through the ribs on one or both sides, usually the bigger hole is on the entry side ribs, not the exit side. It seems the slowing bullet does less damage as it's going through.

Without exception the bigger hole through the ribs was on the entry side 100% of the time, many times double the size. Now here is a thought I have which is what comforts me in my choice of the TSX. I would very much prefer several things in a projectile that I use.
Accuracy, TSX has this in spades.
Penetration, TSX has this in Spades, there is no better!
Exit holes, Is there a better expanding bullet with a higher frequency of exits made by anyone on earth?
Integrity, again no complaints....and here is the part that clinches this for me. I would prefer to have a bullet fail to open then I would to have it go to pieces. If a failure of any bullet made is possible, and I doubt anyone will argue that any bullet is perfect in every way. We have to accept that sending a bullet on its way at 3000 FPS with an impact at 70 yards is a lot of stress to stay in one piece. Then we also expect that same bullet to be soft enough to open at 500 yards and develop a picture perfect mushroom. Failure in this very wide window of performance is imminent.

BWalker I don't expect you to get it, just want to save you the trouble of posting to let us know that you don't get it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

More from JJHack

I've not seen any TSX that have not opened, and that is many hundreds of animals,

I would not be bringing a Etip anyplace on an expensive until it's been around a while longer.

I would not use a 180 over the 165 with the TSX in any 30 caliber rifle for any game

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

A lot of water has passed under that bridge in years since. Maybe you might want to catch. I have used the 180 TSX out to 777 yards and I have no complaints with how they.

Catch what? "...complaints with how they." With how they what? Well??

Now you expect me to read your mind?

Or what about this?

Fact is you don't know what the hell your talking about, if you did you would know that 1800 grains of Copper has the same momentum as 180 grain of lead or what ever and that is a fact.

Seriously? I am certainly no physicist but you better run that by me again:

Now you expect me to read your mind?

I see how this works!

And then this:

I guess that you think that no one eles's experienced result and proof of such results counts

Oh yea I believe that you recovered that bullet from a DEAD Moose did you not? (Refering to the pic posted below) That was killed by it, is that not correct?

Well, so you'll just discount it like that? And I suppose the same is true of the deer which TJT shot in the guts. That shot led to its demise - and he even recovered it. All good?

I wish that you would post a lot more pictures of recovered bullets, but I have just one request. The pictures should be of bullets that are still being manufactured

You've complained about lack of pictures more than once to posters. Yeah, well, what if we do? I do post some, but you don't like them since you choose what meets your approval for public consumption. I don't care since what you think means less and less with every post you make. But to use "still being manufactured" as an excuse. I wonder how many people are actually hunting with the latest and greatest rendition of their chosen bullet. Seriously, the old XFB pictured was a bullet which worked very well for me a number of times. In fact, judging from those I otherwise recovered, that bullet worked virtually like the best of what the TSXs do now. (And I suspect it would be okay to picture a North Fork or FailSafe even though they don't make them?)

Let's see what you did with this example:

Originally Posted by Klikitarik

I'm not sure what a 308 can do that a 340 Weatherby can't, but as much as the pic is worn out, it is probably still worth dragging out for one more go:

[Linked Image]

225 X, 495 meters, 2900 fps muzzle, no bone, just hide and meat.

I expect a tipped bullet might retain just a bit more speed, open just a bit more easily; the rings may slow it though. Still, 150 grains versus 225? crazy

The barely intelligible first quote above was a response to this. So what do you really mean?

Originally Posted by BWalker
KYRELOADER Its amazing the lengths the cheerleaders go to.

What's amazing is some inability to grasp result even with picture attached

What's amazing to me is how some people don't accept the fact that more than one person's experience can be valid. And that being right doesn't always meaning having to prove someone else wrong.

The facts appear to be that you choose to accept those pictures and details (and perhaps posters) whom you approve of. That's okay. Perhaps it's common. But attempting to prove others wrong to the world simply because you don't approve of what they offer from their experience is cheap. We can all decide those things for ourselves.

None of is a perfect human being nor a perfect hunter. And some of us don't write - or type- all that well. I don't see anyone bashing you too badly for the latter fault!

So, with a somewhat apologetic inclination for the preaching, but also a desire for vindication on behalf not only of others, but also myself - whom you have targeted in some of your recent posts, I hope that you will allow us to find some respect for you based on what you know and share, not because you are always trying to be the "rightest" one.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Your bullet is not produced any more.

180 grain of copper is the same weight and has the same momentum of as 180 grains of lead maybe you better go and brush up on your physics.
Weight is weight when both bullets weigh the same the momentum is the same at the same velocity

Of course sharing info is the intent, but some want to discredit the info with nothing of substance. Every thread that I post my results with TSX (not X bullets) you run out that photo of the old obsolete X bullet that hasn't been produced for YEARS as proof that TSX bullets fail. Post info that is current and I have no problem with that. How is the posting of a bullet that hasn't been produced for years relevant to a discussion of TSX bullets which are in production?

Last edited by jwp475; 11/14/08.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (10Glocks, 3dtestify, AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 7887mm08, AussieGunWriter, 15 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 841 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,259
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.