Print Thread
Hop To
Page 86 of 1,842 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 1841 1842
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

Pull some strings get that boy playing!!!

Me I'm crawling the walls here, the orange hat has the tune Thunderstruck playing LOUD, Is it Saturday yet!!!!

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i wish I had that sort of influence on anybody. but i can't help this problem.
Wabo, you just posted the seventeen hundredth reply to this post.....

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Wooohooo 1700 post!!!! Going on a billion wink

Common Dave, make some calls to the school super and principle, explain how The Boy is trying to be closer to his Dad and thats how he remembered him in the woods. Tell them he needed alone time with Dad to clear his head to get focused on the game ahead. Tell them the boy wouldn't come right out and say it so you felt the need. It CAN be done just have faith and pull the strings you can in the world, with the right choice of words any string can be tugged...lol

I'd be willing to bet I'm noT to far off the mark here either...

Last edited by wabo; 11/13/08.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Linda and I celebrated our 20th. wedding anniversary yesterday.
Tomorrow(Friday) morning we are pulling out for a quick 730 mile trip to Louisiana to attend my daughter's wedding.Be back Sunday.
I expect at least some sighting if not the actual demise of old Forky Toes over the weekend.
Have a good one,gentlemen and ladies.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Rooster....

I just heard the boy got himseff in trouble.

skipped school yesterday to hunt.... and now he can't play in the game this weekend.....

the big game, the one in the big dome.....

oof, not good.

his mama gonna skin him.

oof. not good is right.

I know a kid that used to do that stuff all the time. the kid missed out on a lot of fun stuff because of it.(his name ryhmes with pzone)

I hope they win, so he gets another shot at it. There is plenty of time to hunt.

good luck to him, and them.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great Stan. Congratulations! To you and your wife, as well as your daughter on her big day.

Safe travels Stan.

Tom

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congratulations Stan and Linda! 20 years! Good for you guys! Have a safe trip and congrats to your daughter too!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
hey rooster,

What's the news on the boy? Does he get to play? man I hope so.

Tom

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
hey rooster,

What's the news on the boy? Does he get to play? man I hope so.

Tom

Not sure yet Tom. His Ma was over last night and we found out that this was more of the coach's decision to not let him (and two others that hunted that day) play in the game than it was the schools. We are crossing our fingers that the coach is just trying to scare them. Set an example so to speak and ultimately will let them play. We'll find out this evening I guess....

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Got a Wonderful Surprize this weekend. Me and kiddo saw 4 different Nice bucks opening morning and one was a 200 inch deer YES a PIG at 350 yards running away chasing a doe. No chance for taking a shot at any of them, it was cold so we left to get lunch and check with my friends.

We get to my bro in laws and his 80 year old Dad pulls up and asked if I saw that Hog in the pasture I said yeah. He says he had him in the crosshairs at 125 yards and passed on him hoping kiddo could watch me shoot it. I was amazed and asked him several times and his answer was always the same. I'm still amazed and told him next time to shoot it.. The rest was the usual help drag a cousins deer out and hang it up, he took a nice 140 class 10pt. We eat lunch and head back out.

We get back that night and help hang another 120 inch 8 pt my other cousin shot, 2 brothers get Nice bucks!!! after that they say common time for you to see. I say what and they say common, so I follow to the otherside a shed we hang deer in and they open the door. Inside is a Newly added subfloor, insulated walls, a fridge, stereo, couch, luv seat, a place to hang clothes and guns the only thing that hasn't made it yet is beds.

We spend the rest of the night drinkin bourban, eating grilled chicken and hotdogs, chips andjunk. Watching the kids play games in the loft and outside and just BS.ing. They tell me The pasture I hunt may get food plots next year to make it even better and I'm going to cut some windows in a 16 foot inclosed trailer I have tomorrow night to add another shootin house in the pasture for a warm hunt for the kids.

I Now know I have a Deer Camp to go to!!!! They knew this was something which weighed heavy on my head but wanted to surprize me because my Bro In Law and Cousin have been thinking of the same for the kids too, they just hadn't told me. I missed a Nice 8 tonight and kiddo missed a doe lastnight but all in all it has been a Great Weekend!!! It's not exactly how I pictured it but I can't tell you guys howmuch this meant to me...

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's cool wabo. congrats, good for you.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My nephew did not get to play & it was his teams last game. 21 to 14 was the final score. Pretty sad deal.

I think he's doing ok though, he was out shooting critters yesterday, the way I understand it he rolled a coyote in the morning & then shot a doe later.

He plans on coming up to hunt our last weekend of MN white tail rifle season on friday after school. I just may be out there as early as thursday evening. I'm developing a bit of a grudge against Mr. fork toe buck.

I came as close as I've ever been yesterday AM.

No sighting yet I'm sorry to say, but it was snowing yesterday. Heck it snowed late Sat night into sunday. I was up loading the wood stove & stepped outside the shack at about 2:30 AM & we had a fresh dusting of snow, maybe 1/4" & it was still trying to fall. When I went to my stand (a ladder of my nephews that I relocated on Friday) It was still dark out. Well as dark as it could be with the moonlight (I blame the moon for a lot of things this year)

Well I've been learning a little more about Mr. Fork Toe buck and set this stand up in hopes of catching him on morning & evening routes.

It was snowing on the way to the stand. I just love that kind of snow, no wind, dead silent, big fluffy snow gobs falling straight down, quiet walking.. Well I get within 40 yds of the new stand & I see a set of doe & fawn tracks cut onto the trail. I stop because wow, for how the snow is falling these are very fresh imprints in the snow. I cautiously proceed ahead trying my best to focus ahead rather than watching the tracks at my feet. But then I see a bigger set of tracks cut onto the trail joining the doe & fawn. A ridiculous track that looks like someone giving the peace sign, looks like a bunny rabbit�s eyes & ears... Fork toed buck lumbering along with the doe & the fawn. right under the new location for the ladder stand & straight ahead off the trail through the cedars & right on past a new ground blind that me & my boy also made on Friday.

Well, I was a couple minutes too late I guess. Damn it!

But I crawled up into the ladder stand, it's the gray one by the way boy, in case you were wondering. from the porcupine stand location, we were doubled up there with stands. Remember we had that hang on stand with screw in steps & then we flopped that ladder stand right under it for those that didn't care to climb the screw in gut hook steps.

So anyways, I got up in there & tried grunting. I did get some response from the tamarack swamp out in front of the cable stand, a buck got up out of there & tried to find me. Too bad nobody was in that stand, it was probably the 6 pointer Weezy saw last week.

And I did have a couple of deer running in the cedars off to the east, I could make out brown through the trees but have no idea what they were. nothing seemed to be chasing them, it was probably forky chasing a doe back in there. I also had a doe just out of my sight to the north west of me in the cedars. I could hear her eating cedar bows in there. standing up & grabbing cedar bows & pulling down & breaking them loose. She moved on through to the north so all I got was track soup when I got down to go investigate & try to see what it was making all that noise down there.

So, there was some activity that morning. I stayed out from about 6:30 till noon or close to noon.

We had a good weekend, my dad & little brother were up as well as my uncle. We had a good time, it was a boys weekend at the shack. We also had a visit from Busch pilot & his buddies. Sounds like they are doing ok on deer, much better than us. Thanks guys for stopping out.

We've still got next weekend. We'll git-r-done!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Alright Wabo. Sounds great. We have been telling you all along, camp is what you make it. It can be a shoebox if that works for you.

Have fun and show us some pics of that 200"er hangin by your new camp.

Tom

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Your getting close. real close. The bucks are still chasing does around here. He'll goof up again. hopefully this time you will be by him when he does it.

Too bad about the "boy's" football team. That's a tough way to learn a lesson, I know that.

I'm headding up to the WI camp on Thursday night or Friday AM. Either way, it'll be a long week. These dudes I've been hunting with for 12 years now are starting to flat wear me out. But that is a story for another day.

Tom

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Me & my boy were goofing around at camp on Friday & we made this sign.

[Linked Image]

we nailed it to a tree by the gate.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Now that is cool, hey what you doing opening day. The answer from Dave... Camp ChickenBuck thats what. wink

The 80 year old who owns the pasture that had the buck in his sights, when he first pulled up I had a Big pullover orange ontop of all my winter clothes. He said look its a Giant Pumpkin charlie brown, it has stuck.. They called me pumpkin all weekend, even my kid...lol

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Me & my boy were goofing around at camp on Friday & we made this sign.

[Linked Image]

we nailed it to a tree by the gate.

you gotta get that thing burned into a big slab of pine on sumpthin.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The sign looks even more better in person dave. maybe add some led's into it, and make it glow. Had fun out there friday night dave, got to love that camp!! the wood smoke and laterns burning, always nice aroma!! ND had a excellent batch of chili he shared with us as well, we got 3 more saturday and one yesterday. lestifer missed a biggun' though. he's kinda in the dumps..oh well!! One more week to go!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7
this was more of the coach's decision to not let him (and two others that hunted that day) play in the game than it was the schools. We are crossing our fingers that the coach is just trying to scare them. Set an example so to speak

Exactly why I didn't play organized sports in school. I found hunting to be way more important than school sports; WAY MORE IMPORTANT.

There are many copies.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Woo hoo! Alright Wabo! That is great and for them to keep it a surprise is even better! Now you and Kiddo have a place to look forward too every year. The deer camp. "Hey Thunder Kiddo, wanna head out to the deer camp and check the cameras and do some scoutin, maybe hang a stand?" "Sure Daddy Wabo! Lets to it!"

Now you just have to get the wife involved......

Hey someone has to clean up the place... whistle

grin Just teeeesin you mommy wabo! laugh

Page 86 of 1,842 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.