Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
does anyone have experience with the Master Guide day pack?

If needed can you haul a quarter with the pack?

Thanks,

Ernie

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have that pack and have used it a lot-the design is great, lots of room and wears fairly well. Being a day pack, it really does not have the room or support to pack out heavy loads. I've used mine to pack boned meat and it does alright however a heavy load over any distance is going to make your shoulders sore. I lash mine to a pack frame when I will need to pack out any quantity of meat and it's easier to tie a head and cape to the frame and put my rifle in a holder on the frame (I need both hand with a tall pack full-especially going down hill) Crooked horn makes a great product, you won't regret owning one of their packs. By the way, a quarter of what? Good luck

Golden............
V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I am similar to you. My home is in Virginia, but my heart is in Wyoming.

I already have the pack and really like for my stand hunting for whitetails. It is a bit heavy but that disappears after you put it on.

I am just planning in case I go to wyoming, but also maybe packing into a wilderness area close to where I live for whitetails.

Right now it just carries the .25 cent quarters along with clothes.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
davidlea,

With an external frame can you carry tent and gear for a three day unit with the master guide pack?

Thanks,

Ernie

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Hi Ernie, I really don't know about the tent and gear with the day pack. I've never been blessed with a long pack in trip. Just from my experience packing game, it seems unlikely. What I have done mostly is put the Crooked horn day pack in my frame pack (it's a Cabela's Alaskan Guide pack/frame combo) and then when needed I remove the day pack, fill the frame pack and use the straps and belt on the Crooked horn to rig it to the frame pack. From reading this forum I'm sure there are plenty of folks that will know how to better answer your question. As for my Cooked Horn pack, it is part of my gear like my boots and shooting sticks and goes with me whenever I'm out.

Golden............
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
VA,

I ran one for years. They are good little daypacks for the most part. I used mine with and without an external, and agree they bite into the shoulders with any kind of load in them (more than 25Lbs).

[Linked Image]

I sold mine last year and bought a Tim Horn Alaskan pack and could not be happier. Heavier pack but I don't need my external anymore for day trip deer hunts. And the Alaskan is very comfortable.

MtnHtr

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use their fanny/day pack hybrid.

been pretty pleased with it, it's got everything in it I need to spend an unplanned night out in comfort.

either wear it or carry it in my Barney's

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I use the day pack/fanny pack more often than the larger pack. Both are very comfortable and carry loads well. The shoulder strap and belt configuration are well designed, both have large buckles for adjustment with gloves on. I have used both for a few years.

It is really easy to fill the day pack/fanny pack with a small thermos/water bottle, day food, and some day gear with room to spare.

The material is very quiet, no noise at all, pockets are sizable, and plenty of room.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,459
Posts18,529,130
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.