Speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

How Obama Got Elected...

He got the most votes... Sorry I couldn't resist. The Devil made me do it.

On a more serious note, it is very sad...

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pathetic, I heard this on talk radio. Unbelievable.

Wook

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wehave finally come to it, the uninformed, leading the unwilling, at the bidding of the undeserving and ungrateful

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Absolutely clueless.........

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ColdBore

....The American public is if they honestly believe their votes even matter! IT'S THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE-and besides, if the Government wanted to fluff some votes this way or that-who would be the wiser? Just like my (and I'm sure everyone else's) job, does the best man for the job often get promoted? No. Don't kid yourself, it's a buddy system, just like everything else....when is the last time we had a President that served just one term? Even after the Clinton scandal: re-elected....halfway through W's first term everyone hated him: re-elected. Besides, the President is mostly a PR position anyway. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by p2tharizo
Originally Posted by ColdBore

hen is the last time we had a President that served just one term?

First pres Bush only served one term......you know, the one before Clinton.......so it really hasn't been that long......

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Uh.....15 years. A child born his last day in office is now driving around with a learners permit, and in a year or less will be the acne infested kid serving you french fries. That to me is a while. 2 consecutive presidents each serving their maximum terms is what I was referring to.

Last edited by p2tharizo; 11/19/08.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This shows just how good a job the mass media did covering the facts of the presidential election (fairly).

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The future of our country... Gag... we are so screwed...

Patty

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by SoTexasH
This shows just how good a job the mass media did covering the facts of the presidential election (fairly).

No, I think all it shows is how any group can manipulate the system to achieve the results they want. 12 examples out of how many million? C'mon.

Now, I'm not an Obama supporter by any means, but I sure would like to see some unbiased and fair reporting.

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
halfway through W's first term everyone hated him: re-elected."

Like many others who won the whitehouse they, only won because most people voted against the other. If a real candidate had been offered there wouldn't have been any signifant support the ones who ended up winning.

And each time it sucks worse than the time before... as the country circles the drain in an ever tightening spiral.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by pixarezzo
Originally Posted by SoTexasH

No, I think all it shows is how any group can manipulate the system to achieve the results they want. 12 examples out of how many million? C'mon.

Now, I'm not an Obama supporter by any means, but I sure would like to see some unbiased and fair reporting.

Ok, here's some unbiased and fair reporting for ya

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1642

Released: November 18, 2008

Zogby Poll: Almost No Obama Voters Ace Election Test

Survey finds most Obama voters remembered negative coverage of McCain/Palin statements but struggled to correctly answer questions about coverage associated with Obama/Biden

UTICA, New York -- Just 2% of voters who supported Barack Obama on Election Day obtained perfect or near-perfect scores on a post election test which gauged their knowledge of statements and scandals associated with the presidential tickets during the campaign, a new Zogby International telephone poll shows.

Zogby Statement on Ziegler poll

Only 54% of Obama voters were able to answer at least half or more of the questions correctly.

The 12-question, multiple-choice survey found questions regarding statements linked to Republican presidential candidate John McCain and his vice-presidential running-mate Sarah Palin were far more likely to be answered correctly by Obama voters than questions about statements associated with Obama and Vice-President�Elect Joe Biden. The telephone survey of 512 Obama voters nationwide was conducted Nov. 13-15, 2008, and carries a margin of error of +/- 4.4 percentage points. The survey was commissioned by John Ziegler, author of The Death of Free Speech, producer of the recently released film "Blocking the Path to 9/11" and producer of the upcoming documentary film, Media Malpractice...How Obama Got Elected.

"We stand by the results our survey work on behalf of John Ziegler, as we stand by all of our work. We reject the notion that this was a push poll because it very simply wasn't. It was a legitimate effort to test the knowledge of voters who cast ballots for Barack Obama in the Nov. 4 election. Push polls are a malicious effort to sway public opinion one way or the other, while message and knowledge testing is quite another effort of public opinion research that is legitimate inquiry and has value in the public square. In this case, the respondents were given a full range of responses and were not pressured or influenced to respond in one way or another. This poll was not designed to hurt anyone, which is obvious as it was conducted after the election. The client is free to draw his own conclusions about the research, as are bloggers and other members of society. But Zogby International is a neutral party in this matter. We were hired to test public opinion on a particular subject and with no ax to grind, that's exactly what we did. We don't have to agree or disagree with the questions, we simply ask them and provide the client with a fair and accurate set of data reflecting public opinion." - John Zogby

"After I interviewed Obama voters on Election Day for my documentary, I had a pretty low opinion of what most of them had picked up from the media coverage of the campaign, but this poll really proves beyond any doubt the stunning level of malpractice on the part of the media in not educating the Obama portion of the voting populace," said Ziegler.

Ninety-four percent of Obama voters correctly identified Palin as the candidate with a pregnant teenage daughter, 86% correctly identified Palin as the candidate associated with a $150,000 wardrobe purchased by her political party, and 81% chose McCain as the candidate who was unable to identify the number of houses he owned. When asked which candidate said they could "see Russia from their house," 87% chose Palin, although the quote actually is attributed to Saturday Night Live's Tina Fey during her portrayal of Palin during the campaign. An answer of "none" or "Palin" was counted as a correct answer on the test, given that the statement was associated with a characterization of Palin.

Obama voters did not fare nearly as well overall when asked to answer questions about statements or stories associated with Obama or Biden -- 83% failed to correctly answer that Obama had won his first election by getting all of his opponents removed from the ballot, and 88% did not correctly associate Obama with his statement that his energy policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry. Most (56%) were also not able to correctly answer that Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground.

Nearly three quarters (72%) of Obama voters did not correctly identify Biden as the candidate who had to quit a previous campaign for President because he was found to have plagiarized a speech, and nearly half (47%) did not know that Biden was the one who predicted Obama would be tested by a generated international crisis during his first six months as President.

In addition to questions regarding statements and scandals associated with the campaigns, the 12-question, multiple-choice survey also included a question asking which political party controlled both houses of Congress leading up to the election -- 57% of Obama voters were unable to correctly answer that Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate.

For content, contact: John Ziegler at talktozigaol.com.

For more information on Ziegler's upcoming documentary film, Media Malpractice...How Obama Got Elected, please visit www.HowObamaGotElected.com, where there is a video of Obama voters on election day being asked many of the same questions.

For methodology, contact: Fritz Wenzel, 315-624-0200 ext. 229 or 419-205-0287 or fritzzogby.com.

To view the survey results, please visit http://www.zogby.com/news/wf-dfs.pdf.

(11/18/2008)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Voting is important, but apparently not important enough for voters to become informed.

Maybe voters should have to pass the same civics test that a naturalized citizen has to take. In fact, they should WANT to take it. I doubt any of these idjits could pass it. Stupidity is subversive.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
PhillinAz, is it just me, or do those poll questions seem somewhat skewed in looking for a particular answer? Take the start of BO's political career question. BO did publicly deny that account during the last presidential debate, so was that really a valid poll question that suporters got wrong?

I am also reminded of a poll taken just before the election in which 1 in 4 Texans mistakenly believed BO was a muslim. This really ignores the facts about BO going to Reverend Wright's Christian church for 20 years which was very well publicized.

The way I see it is that idiocracy is not limited to one side of the isle or the other, sadly there are significant numbers to be counted on both sides.

The nice thing I find about the campfire is that almost everyone here is extremely well informed. smile

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 257 mag, 222Sako, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 3,215 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,732
Posts18,535,122
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.