Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.

Some of us have used Vicks VapoRub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks VapoRub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemical makeup of these strong drugs so, I listened. It was a surprise finding and found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children, who then went to sleep soundly.

My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her. The coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me, this was a deep, incredibly annoying - every few seconds uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free for hours each night that she used it.

If you have grandchildren, pass this on. If you get sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed! It works!

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sure and you sold insurance too. grin

But in all seriousness, I have heard that before and have wanted to try it, would be nice if it works that well.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Scoff if you will, Partsman. But I betcha it DOES work. That stuff is amazing.

Edit to add...Now THAT is weird. At first, your second sentence and the smiley did NOT appear on my screen. After I posted the above, it did. Very odd. And my apology if my own first sentence reads as brusque.

Last edited by RockyRaab; 11/21/08.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The last time I used Vick's salve was back in the mid 60's. Three of us had fished all night and finally went to the bank at Lake Martin and built a fire. The ground was damp and I lay down because I was bushed. The next day I felt like I had the flu but I've never had the flu so I can't be certain.

That night I felt awful. Got my wife (first one) to rub my chest and back with Vick's salve before going to bed. During the night I had to get up and change my T-shirt because the first one was sopping wet with sweat. Next morning I felt as well as I ever had in my life. Not another symptom.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
This VICKS VapoRub is great. As a kid I use to get it rubbed on my chest and back and under my nose when I would get a cold, seem to soothe the caugh andopen nazel passeges for a good night sleep. I have also used it on my two girls when they would catch cold and seemed to give them and me a good night's sleep. Ill have to remember the foot treatment next time I come down with the crud.
Thanks

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Eskimo father-in-law says some things that are (seem) pretty crazy sometimes. Vicks on the feet is one of them. I try to stay open even in my skepticism. The Vicks thing is one of those "crazy" things that ain't.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My wife came across the smear on the feet and cover with socks routine somewhere. It really does do amazing things (for the congestion, not as a contribution to a romantic atsmosphere smile.)
It also should be noted that while the consistency is similar, it is not an acceptable substitute for Vaseline in certain applications. grin

Last edited by 5sdad; 11/21/08. Reason: additional information provided for the edification of the masses

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys get Wintergreen Ointment over there?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Used to know a guy who swore that rubbing WD-40 on his knees kept his Arthritis down.i dunno.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I hear that it kills toe nail fungus too. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It's great for rubbing under a pack mule's nose just before loading a dead bear.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by jimdgc
It's great for rubbing under a pack mule's nose just before loading a dead bear.

How long was that Bear dead! laugh

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by milespatton
I hear that it kills toe nail fungus too. miles

My wife had heard that and asked the foot doctor. He said "Nope it softens the nail and makes it look better but doesn't kill the fungus."

FWIW

Dale

This space for rent

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If ya wanna feel like ya wrapped up inna warm blanket,...put some Absorbine Junior on ya crotch.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,..ask me how I know,...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
too much info even though I'm laffin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And for the love of god, don't use tube of ointment in the dark, Nupercainal and Capzacin tubes are about the same size, and open the same way.................Dear God, it burned for hours. Talk about swollen hemmoroids!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,..so I get this rash, ya see?,.. and I'm diggin' 'round in the medicine cabinet for something that looks promisin',.... see the Absorbine Junior.

I think,.. "It works on the old man's athletes feet!,..what the hell?!

whoooooo-EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee

It'll turn ya into a human fan, man,...no chit!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep..........I can feel yer pain brother, I can feel it. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will second MC's opinion. It does work used it on my boys when they were young!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,901
Posts18,518,483
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.