Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 88 of 1,842 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Its almost time Dave, Light the lanterns and get a move on!! get in on the evening post tonight could be your lucky night. he'll prolly waiting for you to drive in...Kerbaammm!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
aryte, i'm outa here guys!!
Later!!

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good luck to you! Good Luck Tom! Stay safe fellas!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
thanks Rooster.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gol-dang it, it is gonna be a mite lonely around here with all dem off huntin'. Idea for Dave's camp....internet access at the cabin AND every stand. We wanna know what is going on. I mean really, is it fair to make us wait until Monday?

I hope you are lining up the crosshairs on ol' Forky Toes right this very minute Dave....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh great Dave with wireless internet webcams in every stand, he would never get anything accomplished. I could see him curled up in the corner foaming at the mouth mumbling incoherently...

Torture plain and simple...

So how would I go about doing that,hmmm.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Gol-dang it, it is gonna be a mite lonely around here with all dem off huntin'. Idea for Dave's camp....internet access at the cabin AND every stand. We wanna know what is going on. I mean really, is it fair to make us wait until Monday?

I hope you are lining up the crosshairs on ol' Forky Toes right this very minute Dave....

Shared text with ND today. No forkey toes as of yet. Solo hunt got side tracked by a a 'lil hunter who is now hooked for life and was gonna have nothin doin with not skippin school and huntin with Dad. grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
back owta da woods.

well, we were skunked for the weekend.

it was 10 below zero on Friday morning & as Rooster said I did have a little hunter with me. We heard a lot of deer activity that Friday morning but just weren't in the right spot at the right time.

We had a great time, good company, good food... it was fun.

Like I said to my nephew after we both put in our last post for the 2008 rifle season "Well, I guess they want to be shot with muzzle loaders!"

grin

So, we aren't down about it, not dissapointed. We had a great time & we did everything we could. Rifle season is over & we are very excited to start muzzle loader season which happens to be this coming weekend through the end of dec.

The boy will be up here to kick off ML season with me.

I'm very much looking forward to it.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well, it was quiet out our way to dave. hardly a shot taken. we seen a few but they werent what we were looking for. It was a great season for us all anyways and now we might have to see you at ML season. For now its a time to rest and catch up on the home activities for awhile. I got my buck anyways and he's all jerky already.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So "Forkytoes" made it safely thru gun season and now you are gonna do it the old fashioned way.Good!Best way.
I'm glad you and youngun had a good weekend.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks Stan.

we'll get him, and when we do he's gonna get a bigger hole blowed trew him now that it's black powder time!!

grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Did you see any more sign of him or did the chicken buck run his azz outa there?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
well, I did see his track in a dark timber swampish area that the boy & I walked through. we kicked up a buck, the boy saw horns but didn't get a look at him to see how big. It might have been "Him"

He's still around.

we have meat pole decorating to do next weekend.

what are you doing for smoke pole opener Jim?

You should come up, it's just me & the boy as far as I know.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'll shoot ya an email...

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

Your not the only one skunked for rifle season. I took a shot at 200 yards with kiddo beside me at a 180 inch 10 point and missed sooooo bad. Broadside shot standing still, the problem was I was so bundled up from the cold of laying on the ground my gun wasn't back to my shoulder good. Even bloodied my nose with the scope as the kick came back, haven't done that in years, figure with all the clothes on it raised too and I musta shot over him. We watched that buck for 10 full minutes before I shot and I had a good rest, just goofed it up.. Learned alot from the changed tactics to get that shot though and I'll be using that knowledge of where he likes to go in the future.

Now here is the kicker my Bro In Law shot at the Exact same time that night on another farm and we never heard his shot only 1/4 mile apart. His shot with his 80 year old Dad standing beside him is the Best Father Son memory ever!!! They always hunted together for fowl and upland birds but Dad never deer hunted this night he Finally decided to go. Bro In Law took a 200 inch,17 pointer with tines that forked on the G3's on both sides up about 8 inches then 5 to 6 inch forks. I'll post a pic of the deer when I get time, its swamped at work and Krazy here right now. Wife and a kiddo sick. Yes this was the Buck of a lifetime though for them and I'm Glad I missed if that is what gave them the ghost of Mr. Big. That makes my cousins 140 incher, his nephews, my other cousins and my kiddo's and Mr. 200 all from the same farm in one season.. Its going Great so far and my spirits are Great, looking forward to my next chance at the stand.

Me I'm counting down till Thursday as I'll be in a stand with my Bow once again!!! Gonna get me a muzzleloader for next season to keep it going longer, but we do have another doe season with rifle coming up too. Good Luck to You guys up north with the rest of the Great deer season 08!!!! I'll be around when I can, work is going to cover me up till around Christmas though..

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi all ~
Guess I need to update everyone on how I did this year...I GOT NOTHIN!!! I think I may have heard a buck grunt or wait, that might have been my stomach growling on the early morning post on the last day of hunting. Oh well, guess I have another year to wait.

I have enjoyed my new heated stand in the sky. That sure is nice. Even if I didn't get a deer, I had some relaxation in the woods and sure had alot of fun visiting with all that came to the cabin. I think that's the best part of it...watching the cabin come alive with each person that comes to the cabin. Hour by hour trucks come rolling in, cabin door opens up to see yet another smiling face. I truly feel blessed to be able to spend time with Dusty, the boy, the girl, sprout and Ma.

Life is all about the time spent with those you care about, but shooting a deer does help. grin

Buschpilot- I do like your idea of getting some things done around home..hint, hint ND!

"I'm not crying!!"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Mama getting a new truck this week I think.

well, new to us, used one from a private seller.

Where are our Bermidgians? Our Bermidgites?

We'll be down that a way tomorrow so if any of you campfire Bermidgi people want to meet up for a beer or something please let us know. Just me & ma, kids will be at home.

I'll post seperate under deer hunting section here too.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
R u going to the ChickenRanch This weekend ND and Mrs.ND? Maybe if'n i get the steel on the fish house we might be able to drive out and chekc out the progress on the meat pole. I may suggest a little more treats for those critters your after. Sounds like they need some enticing in th forest.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
it'll be a guy weekend out there Buschy (no that doesn't mean you can show up in your underwear, no shirt & a warm case of busch light.)

but it does mean we can act slightly dumber than normal grin

buschpilot, find me a 04-05 supercrew with a 5.4 & a 100k + miles on it. Preferably lariat.

and you gotta find it today, cause i'm going to look at one tomorrow.

grin

Something clever here.

Page 88 of 1,842 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1lesfox, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.