Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Has anyone tried the new SATL pack by Mystery ranch? At 4lbs 15ounches for 3650 inches it seems like a good option for a 2-3 pack.

any thoughts??

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Havent seen that one do you have a link??

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never mind found it. Looks like a great short trip pack. Would like to fondle it a bit though.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I went on there website and a can't find this pack

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

SH08
IC B2

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Thank you i didn't see it i don't have a military log in.But the link worked thanks! that is pretty nice

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you can find all there military packs if you just click on the military search.

SH08
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I purchased one in coyote brown a while back but ended up sending it back. Design wise it was the perfect pack to compliment my NICE Alpha and possibly replace my Crewcab but in the end it didn't work out that way. The bolsters, being designed for soldiers wearing armor, were not comfortable. I even unzipped the internal sleeves and removed them but the comfort was still not there.

With all that said if they could come out with a civilian version I would snatch one up in a second. Really really like the design of the pack! There are some internal pockets they don't show on the website...just a great design.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I decided to go ahead and get one. We shall see how the bolsters work. If not, oh well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you order it tell them that you wont be wearing it with body armor and see if they can but normal ones on it.

SH08
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Fellas~

Currently a Non-Bolstered SATL pack isn't available. We do have the Big Sky available in Multicam, or even a special edition Quiet Material (we've only made 10). We also have the special edition quiet material available in our Super Sweet Pack. I'll try to post photos tomorrow for everyone to see.

We also have a prototype pack that I've tested for 40 days this fall that is basically a Big Sky pack designed to work on the NICE Frame...... we'll be unveiling the prototype at the hunting shows this winter! I'm a huge Crew Cab fan to say the least, but I believe this pack (around 3000 cubic inches) might work better for many of our customers. It's got the 3 Zip design so getting at your gear is effortless. I've used the pack for a couple two night outings, easily fitting my bivi, pad, sleeping bag, tripod, set of 15's, spotting scope, das parka, chugach pants, food, and water. I'll try to post photos of that pack tomorrow as well. This is one sweet pack!

Anybody else have any questions concerning Mystery Ranch products?

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
heck yeah, play movie producer this January if you have the time, make a dvd that shows all the different ways to use the NICE frame.

the website is a bit lacking (maybe you could just stream a video there if you don't want to screw with the dvd gig)

showing the proper way to setup and change out options, I've got the load sling, the crew cab, the 6500 (?)additional long pockets (where the hades do those go) and the NICE frame.

took your pack with the 6500 on a trip down into the Grand Canyon and then later, sheep hunting and while it's a bit heavy from the starting line empty, it carried 70+ lbs. in relative comfort, lots of good pockets to make things handy to get to, lots of good straps to attach. nice pack you build

threw the load sling on it for moose hunting, but when I went to put the 6500 back on it for storage and winter use, I'm having a hard time with male and female ends coming out in an even number!

if you do a good job on the video be forewarned I'll probably ask you for ones on snowmachine reassembly as well! (heck all them bolts couldn't of been in there in the first place, dang kids must have left them on the garage floor)

but first the pack if you would be so kind, I can always walk if the sled breaks down, provided I can get my pack put back together correctly.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
"(heck all them bolts couldn't of been in there in the first place, dang kids must have left them on the garage floor)"
laugh laugh laugh

Just too good!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a question about MR packs, what is the difference between the discontinued "Deluxe" (which I have) and a Glacier?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
docdb~

The difference between your Deluxe and the Glacier is that the Glacier has the addition of a sleeping bag compartment. The Deluxe was around 3800 cubic inches and the Glacier is around 4200 cubic inches......

Hopefully this helps.... if you need feel free to give us a call at Mystery Ranch.

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks! Sorry to hijack
Don

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
So, where are the pics??? I'm just impatient.

07' Bowtech Allegiance 28" 70#
Vapor trail limbdriver, Spot-Hogg Hunter Hogg-it,
Carter BK Hunter,
Lowe 4900, Clark Jungle Hammock,
Mountain Hardware +20 Down, Cabelas XPG -10 Down.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Will someone here email me and I'll send you the photo of our new packs to post?

markseacatmysteryranch.com

Thanks guys.... sorry for the delay.

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
email sent to ya Mark

SH08
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Mark,

Any chance you will be coming out wih some sort of scabbard that can carry your rifle on the pack? I'd really like to see some photos of the prototype you were talking about. Do you know when it will be available? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (3dtestify, 7887mm08, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 12 invisible), 990 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,129
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.