Hop To
Page 90 of 1,842 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Well I'm headin up to hunt with Dave and the boy this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow. Were gonna eat REAL good the way it sounds! Dave is grinding elk burger as I type and I'm bringing home made deer jerky (which turned out pretty good if I do say so myself) smile
I'm also bringing Italian sausage that I make over at my neighbors. He is the only one with his hometown recipe. It seems the guy that used to make it used to keep it a big secret and after he passed away EVERYONE wanted it. How he got it I don't know but it is really good. As I told ND, it is perfect for beer drinkin at night and breakfast in the morning. So if any of you guys want to stop at the shack after dark we'll have some samplin to do! My neighbor also pickles these homemade peppers. They are not spicy hot but when eaten with a bite of Italian, it is incredible. I went to his house tonight to drop off a 3000 psi gauge that he needs to check his tractor hydraulics and "borrowed" a jar of peppers to bring to the shack. He is still at thanksgiving festivities. whistle He won't mind that I borrowed the peppers and I'm sure he won't want them back when were done with them. grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
woo hoo!!

now i gotta pick up a smoke pole license & some boolits!!

not kidding!!

my thanksgiving has been so busy doing neglected chores that I didn't get my license or shoot my gun!! shocked

dats ok tho, it always hit the same.

Smoke pole season Wooooo-Hoooo!!!!

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
IN THE WORDS OF OUR FALLEN FRIEND: F'NA!!!!!!!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
HOLY CRAP! TOP OF PAGE ONE HUNDRED! I'M GONNA HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THAT ONE AS FAR AS WRITING A SONG LIKE I DID AT PAGE 60!

Tom - I may need your help here.....

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
page 179 on my old screen. grin

What the hell am I doing at work Rooster?

I have a license to buy, bullets to buy, a smoke pole to shoot, a wood stove to light, beer do dring, elk to cook.....

What am I doing here???

crazy

Something clever here.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,What caliber muzzle loader are you using to bring Forkytoes to ground?
This weekend is tax free weekend for firearms and ammunition here in South Carolina and I am sure that the gun shop where I work part time is gonna be busier than we have been if such is possible.
I sincerely hope that you guys have a safe and productive weekend.
Had a friend once who got drunk(REALLY DRUNK!) at his hunting camp and after finally finding and flopping in his bunk he dreampt he ate a GIANT marshmallow.
When he awoke his pillow was gone.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
fiddy cal.

I think the last time I purchased boolits for it I was buying honady sst 250 gr sabots.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Yes Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals!

Yesterday was spent bowhunting and eating turkey then watching movies. In the evening deer movement was Good I saw 4 slickheads and one buck. A new weather system arrives here tomorrow afternoon so tonight and tomorrow they should be moving.

Me and kiddo are going out this afternoon and making a blind in some standing corn the farmer couldn't get to due to a wetspot. Deer are really hitting the spot hard and should be interesting to see what happens, I'm praying for a chance to stick something tonight. I need to see some deer blood...LOL..

Good Luck to all of you too!!!! Its not over yet!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well....didgeya smoke one? Forky?

Pics...stories...even if you make em up. grin

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
no dang it.

but we think we saw him. rooster, "the boy" & myself got in the truck & went for a ride last night to another camp to visit. on the way out of our camp we caught 3 deer in the headlights, one was huge, I mean really big. we never got to see his head in the lights, trees were throwing shadows, what a deep body though, big, big deer.

they are completely nocturnal, I don't know what's going on but we see nothing moving during shooting hours.

we had more success grouse hunting than anything else, grouse everywhere.

And sometimes when you are grouse hunting..... you shoot a bobcat.

grin

I'll see if I can get some pics up of dat cat.

.22 mag is nice for rabits & grouse, nice for bobcats too.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I keep forgetting that you guys can use a .22 for the partridge. Can't here. :sad: It makes a nice little hole instead of a bunch of little holes. grin

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Soooo Dave shoots a little kitty this season? What is it with you and Wild kitty's Dave? Are you trying to set a new record on kitty encounters while hunting? crazy grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I don't know, I had someone else already point that out to me. This encounter was a litle nicer though, much smaller cat and he wasn't trying to run me over ground grin

decent size for a female bobcat. I'm thinking I would like to do a little rug with this one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

cute little chompers eh? I bet the rabbits don't think so though! grin

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That's a good sized cat!It'll make a nice pelt.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dang It Again!! Lestifer and I were going to come out saturday for a visit and then mama had to throw her back out in the morning and couldn't get around so I didn't dare to waste what little points i have left. Sounds like a good weekend was had out in the swamp! Pretty nice weekend for it too. He called me in the evening and even had some Chilllin' brews to bring out! Oh well, next time.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was afraid you guys would stop out & we'd be gone. Actually a good thing you didn't stop out, we were gone till late.

The boy makes for an excellent DD grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
WE sometimes stay out late too on the weekends, I am sure you'll be arounds another weekend up there. I didn't even see a deer out my way during the weekend either. Not sure where there hiding. at least you still's got time!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave with the cost of pelts it maybe worth while to get the pelt done up right and get some extra spending money for say the hot tub, or beer, or the sauna, or more beer, or a nice front porch or some beer.

Ya know the christmas time of giving is approaching...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
What a good time! Even if no deer were sighted during shooting hours at least we feel like we have finally seen forky toes. And as Dave said, he's BIG. If his rack is even remotely in scale with his body, he's a dandy. One of da 'tree hunert pounders' you hear tell of that come out of the nordern woods.

Lots of grouse around and ND (the kitty magnet) gets a bobcat. That was pretty cool. wink

Thanks again Dave and Pam. It was a lot of fun!

Rooster

Page 90 of 1,842 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,392
Posts18,488,767
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.