Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
High Country and myself were doing a deal here on the campfire for a shotgun. I'll take it was said, emails and phone numbers were exchanged. Money changed hands and the gun was MAILED! And I waited and waited and waited somemore. During this time High Country and I stayed in touch. The tracking number was not in the USPS system???? So more phone calls and High Country got the post master involed. Now the gun shows up and all is well. Just wonder where the gun was. High Country was great to deal with, so everyone remember that for the future. Just watch out for the USPS.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just shipped a rifle today to Lubbockdave. It is insured but hoping he gets it soon. TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
My best wishes that all goes well. Never can tell with the goverment running things.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've heard way more stories of guns being lost or damaged from UPS than the USPS.

It's always fun to bash to post office, but I've generally been pretty impressed with our postal workers up here.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Priority Mail, deliver confirmation. Works super.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
USPS normally only puts the number in the system after it's delivered. It's really not tracking - but a delivery confirmation number.

Otto is my co-pilot.
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WesJ

Yep.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NathanL
USPS normally only puts the number in the system after it's delivered. It's really not tracking - but a delivery confirmation number.

And Yep again.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep, I'll take USPS over UPS any day! The last rifle I shipped via Priority Mail was under $20.00 and was delivered in two days! I couldn't even begin to count the number of items I've shipped/received over the past several years and I can recall exactly one that was delayed on account of USPS. I did have a money order get lost that was in a regular envelope, but they replaced it without much hassle.

The last time I shipped a gun through UPS they charged me a freak'n Hazmat fee! Figure that one out!....

Last edited by GreatWaputi; 12/10/08.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
FWIW:

Both United Parcel Service and the Post Office have treated me very.

Never a problem with either one.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Maybe you forgot to unload it...kidding.

What I hate the most is buying a firearm, sending a Postal Money Order because they are the most secure, and then having to wait for the firearm to get here. I just hate waiting for a firearm, because I'm always so pumped that I'm getting another one.
I'm waiting on one from Wisconson right now, and the guy said he'd "probably" ship it out (last) Monday...well, it's Wednesday, and still no email that he's shipped it. Course, I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to getting guns in the mail.
So if you sell someone a gun, send it as soon as you can! smile

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NathanL

Yes, the ever popular "We have your stuff and don't know where it is" It's one of the irksome things about the USPS system.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had very good luck with usps priority and I have mailed hundreds of packages inlcuding scopes ,rifles etc. Often I am surprised how fast the package gets clear across the country! The great part is priority is barely more than parcel sometimes even less depending on package size. Insurance is the key thing always get insurance unless it very inexpensive stuff that doesn't need it.Whe insured the package has to be signed for, Dleivery confirmation doesn't do much of anything for you. I don't use it because the insurance does more for you.

Last edited by highridge1; 12/10/08.

1 and done
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That is what I use almost exclusively.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
The gun was mailed on nov. 22 and showed up today. And to top things off this was my first internet purchase. But all ended up well. I got the gun. Can't wait to bust some clay birds. I guess it was just one of those things that happens.

dh1 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just did a deal with the USPS. I shipped the USPS MO Friday at noon priority with delivery confirmation. The delivery confirmation showed the package accepted at my local PO at the time I dropped it off. It was delivered cross country on Monday. Gun was shipped same way and the DC showed it was dropped off on Tuesday, made it to cross country and delivered Thursday. The DC number in this case worked like the UPS tracking number. I believe the only difference is the USPS is not updated until the carrier returns to the PO where UPS is 'live' updates.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I had a guy make me some prototype grips for my bow, his wife shipped them from ID at the end of April (unfortunately not insured or w/ tracking #) I have yet to receive these grips.

Another great experience with the USPS.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something." Plato
R
R
Guys, I work for the USPS & for what it's worth, I would NEVER send or have sent to me, anything I value without first demanding the ins., & del. con. tracking. The usps sorting facilities use a computerized sorting system that is not 100% accurate. How do I know this? I swear,I can't go 2 months without running across a piece going from hawaii to austrailia via my rural route in wisconsin. Some odd pieces going between countries in europe occasionaly detour over to me as well.
dh1, your correct in that the scanners we use are collectors that are downloaded upon returning to the office.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
In over 10 years mailing/receiving firearms through the USPS I've only had one minor claim and it was handled within 60 days..

UPS, on the other hand, ......well let's just say I avoid them like the plague (for firearms only, otherwise no beef)

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by T LEE

That is what I use almost exclusively.
Yes, Priority... I forgot to mention that.. Plus, I insure everything..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 1941USMC, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,885
Posts18,518,254
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.