Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I know a lot of folks on here are fond of MR and Kifaru packs.

Does anyone have expierence with the Hard Core Pack by Janssens Adventure Outfitters?

hard core hunt pack

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Quote from the webpage.. "Finally there is a pack specifically designed for the serious hard core trophy hunter"

Haha, our prayers have been answered guys...

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have one and used it for the last two seasons. Seems to be fairly well made. I have used it for bivy hunting(overnight trips) carrying treestands and steps in, and hauled out two elk with it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like it's based on the military MOLLE plastic frame.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin

Quote from the webpage.. "Finally there is a pack specifically designed for the serious hard core trophy hunter"

Haha, our prayers have been answered guys...

Thanks for the chuckle laugh

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I had a Wilderness Packs that is based on the same frame. I wanted to leave it in the woods by the end of my elk hunt and it was noisy as hell. Good luck!

"Finally there is a pack specifically designed for the serious hard core trophy hunter"

I bet there are those who buy them just because of this!

Good Shooting!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
hunting1:

Funny you mention that I only use my from point A to B I wont hunt in mine it's way to noisy!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Molle pack that uses the plastic frame. Not comfortable at all. Right now the Molle pack�s vest is used for a pulk harness and works well for that. As for the rest of the pack system it is buried someplace under about 3 feet of abandoned/failed gear in the closet.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Thanks for the information. I am looking for something to hike into some of our local wilderness areas in Virginia for 4-5 days for whitetails. And if I am lucky enough to get to Wyoming again.

Any recommendations?

Ernie

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I really like my Eberlestock packs. I have a J105 for long trips and an X2 for day+ outings. Either will haul more than I can carry. Very comfortable.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by VAhuntfisher
Thanks for the information. I am looking for something to hike into some of our local wilderness areas in Virginia for 4-5 days for whitetails.

I used to hunt some of those parts of VA, in the GW NF. Great country.

Check out a Kifaru Longhunter, not cheap, but quality gear, made in the US, and outstanding customer service for fitting, repairs, etc.:

http://www.kifaru.net/BACKPAKS.HTM

A wise man is frequently humbled.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
smokepole,

I have been looking at the Long hunter. I am very new to backpack hunting and I am a little concerned about a pack I can not try on first and ask questions. Our local backpacking store sells Ospreys, but the little girl was unsure how to fit me for a pack.

Would the badlands 4500 make a good pack?

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have not tried the Badlands packs but have not heard anything bad about them in my research for packs. I can tell you the Eberlestock packs are very adjustable. The entire shoulder strap assembly can be moved and the curvature can be altered if you so choose.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't know about the Badlands pack, but I'm pretty sure if you get a Kifaru pack and it doesn't fit the way you want they'll take it back.

Call 'em and ask about that.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I wasted alot of money and wish I had just got the Kifaru from the beginning. They have a 30-day return policy and I to was concerned about buying sight unseen. Great stuff!

Good Shooting!
V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
On the Kifaru LH does anyone use the cargo chair?

How does it work in carrying a load.

Ernie

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ernie, I have one but have used it very little. It's best application is when you're packing meat and you put the meat in the pack, next to the frame and put your lightweight bulky items on the cargo chair, lightweight items becasue they're well away from your back and center of gravity. I've heard other people discuss using it that way and they've said it works well, but sorry, can't help with firsthand info. You could post the question over on their forum and get some better info.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the Longhunter pack. I baught it sight unseen , I've had it for about 7 years now. Its a great pack. They take your hight weight and measurements when you order one so that the pack is built to someone of your specs. When you recieve it all you will have to do is Micro adjustments for your personal preferences. They come with an instructional video. They are tough , well thought out packs that are multi funtional. I have used the cargo chair for hauling meat and I use it a lot while glassing.
I love the pack and will have it for a very long time.One thin I would not do is get the complete package. I never use the fleece pannels rarely use the handwarmer pouch. Do get the Gun bearer ,possible pouch , side pockets, and the shell holder for the belt.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
mystery ranch kodiak?

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Hey, I can't decided between multi-cam and foliage green for my Mystery ranch Kodiak. I want the foliage, but the multi-cam may be better suited to hunting in Colorado (Semi-Arid). For deer, I might be fine with foliage, but turkey etc etc, might pick up on me. What to do...hummm. I could always get a camo poncho to go over it, I guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (257robertsimp, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,600 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,817
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.