Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 95 of 1,842 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 1841 1842
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks,Tzone.Money isn't the reason or a problem.I do appreciate the thought tho.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No problem Stan. It woulda made a good excuse to buy that .44mag though. grin

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
As Tzone said Stan, that is good to hear. I'm glad you are not getting rid of it. There is no amount of money in the world that can equal the value of that gun in your heart and your memories. Selling it would be like selling a memory almost and they are priceless.

Now next year, when your up to it, go shoot a deer with that gun, make your buddy smile and tell us another story!

Last edited by Rooster7; 12/12/08.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Great story Stan!!

well, for the first year since i bought that 50 cal encore muzzle loader I will be shooting the slug out of the barrel & putting it away deerless. I've got a deer with that thing every year since I bought it, not this year though. oh well, I'm ready to be done for a little while. It's been every weekend for 6 weeks straight now, time for a rest.

They are reopening deer season for my zone after xmas. I might give that a try.

It was a good weekend, we did our annual xmas picture out there in the woods, we did several different photos, just trying to pick one for xmas cards now.

I shot my new 220 swift on saturday. ruger M77 MKII standard walnut & blued, 24" barrel. I stuck a Burris FFII 3-9 on it & wow, she shoots!! Itty bitty groups! just like I like!!

here's the second group of 3 that I shot with the swift. first group & pulled the first shot a bit, trigger has a little catch in the pull before she trips, I'll take care of that soon. first group measured 3/4" with that shot I pulled. this was my first group after lining the scope with the tube by looking down the barrel at the target & dialing the scope to the tube. I was an inch left & an inch low. Dialed it an inch up & an inch right & spanked this group out onto the paper. then I quit, put it away happy as can be.

3/8" center to center.
[Linked Image]

not bad for an out of the box light/sporter barrel. Once I float, bed & do the triger I'll give it another whirl.

now for x-mas pictures.

help us pick out our xmas picture.

number 1
[Linked Image]

number 2
[Linked Image]

number 3
[Linked Image]

Last edited by northern_dave; 12/14/08.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I vote number one.Everybody has a nice smile.In number two Dave ain't smiling enough.Number three-thu privvy ain't in keeping with Christmas.The kids look great.Momma's hot(I'm old and can say that out loud).

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I like number 1 also.

We always have to do one gofy one when we're doing this xmas stuff, number 3 is about as goofy as it gets.

And yes, mama hot. I can say that cause i'm married to her grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I vote number 1 also. In number 3, it looks like your doing number 2. smile

I've been trying to text you to see if you made it back from the shack in this blizzard but it keeps saying the message sending failed.

No deer again? That sucks! Oh well, it ain't for lack of trying...right?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we aint got no dang blizzard. went south of us.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

I think Pic 1 would make a good card. Cool thing to make cards like that!

Sounds like you like the new bolt gun then, I'm kind of considering one of those for next year too. Only problem is I don't know if I'd ever feel right leaving a levergun at home. I used to be a bolt guy but something happened to my thoughts on guns now. Just feels right carrying a lever to the woods for some reason.

I'm deerless so far this season too, didn't go today though, I got tired of the 30 mph winds yesterday and had more of the same today. Didn't see anything other then about 20 turkeys yesterday. Went from 61 degrees this morning and at 945 tonight its down to 12 above. What a day.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Were getting pounded hard here. Not even sure if we'll have work tomorrow. Everything is cancelled and they are advising no travel tonight and through out the day tomorrow. I went out and blew the 4 foot drift away from the garage in case we do work but I'm sure it will be back in the morning. Not to mention the plows will take forever to get out this way. And MAN is it cold! The darn beer froze faster than I could drink it while blowing snow! frown

Oh well, at least the Vikings put a solid thumpin on the Cards today! Woo hoo!

Last edited by Rooster7; 12/14/08.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
BeCareful up there if you venture out. I just rechecked the supplies in the car and added another pair of coveralls along with all the other stuff. 4 pairs in there now, lots of winter hunting coats, fire making stuff,food and I hope its enough if I got stranded.

Dropped down to 9 degrees now with light snow overtop some ice and 13 below wind chill. I know it has to be cold up north!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Everybody likes a Christmas Crapper picture? That's my vote. grin But if'n ya get out voted...I like number #1.

The one in front of the biffy should be the second picture, so I can call it #2. grin

Sounds like a great weekend with the family Dave. All the pictures look good. I put the final gear away early last week. It is a little sad every time I do it, but then I remember that there is only 48 weeks to go. laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm getting a couple weekends off now & I'll be back at it as they are reopening deer hunting in my area after xmas for a couple of weeks.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They still have Bovine TB up there? Why the re-opening?

If this cold snap is up by you, some may come right up to ya, just waiting to be shot. crazy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If mama is okay with it, I say go with #3. Everyone likes a little humor and people will talk to you more about that one than the others. years from now, they will say, hey, remember when ND and clan posed in front of the crapper? hahahaha.

Your chillen will always remember it. When the girl gets married, you can use that one in the slide show too...actually you can use that whether it is your Xmas card or not.

A little chilly up there today I bet? My garage door was froze to the cement and it broke the gear that drives the chain. Great, I hope Craftsman has a part, or i gotta buy a new opener. I shoulda known better than to hit the button with all the rain we had yesterday. Dangnabbit. Merry Christmas to my garage door.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thought the ceiling on my garage was going to come down when i hit that button this am. crazy

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Rain?? Yesterday?? In Minnesota?? You had rain??

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep, cant believe we had that crap. turned to snow last nite, but we didnt end up with much. it was 35 degrees yesterday. ugg.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Rain?? Yesterday?? In Minnesota?? You had rain??

I was in the cities for a Christmas get together this weekend. We left at 8AM yesterday to head home and it was POURING.

Last edited by tzone; 12/15/08.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Number 3. Number 1 is nice, but you are a three.

-30 tonight. Button down your ear flappers. Plug in the car. Don't lick the flagpole.

Craig

Wood is Good.
Page 95 of 1,842 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.