Rock Chuck noted that his epson R300 didn't work well with other than Epson paper. Mine worked with everything except HP and Kodak paper's. Now that I have an HP printer, HP paper works really well but I also use a lot of Staples paper. For photo's I use a lot of "Photo supreme Satin" and never a problem. Heavypaper at 72#. I make note cards out of "Staples Photo Supreme matte". It prints on either side, no difference you can see on either side. It weights 61# and folds into note cards really nice.

BTW. The last two boxs of ink I got, HP ink, were all the colors plus black and came with 100 sheets 4x6 paper, $34. Get $3 per tank back to recycle.

I got some Avery Greeting card paper to try and it's no where near as good as the Staples matte.

I've also tried paper from Office Depot and Office Max but neither is as good as the Staples. I checked with Staples about immage longivity and they told me 50+ yrs. That works for me!I have a bunch of photo's done on the staples paper about five yrs old now and no color shift. Also you can take a photo out of the printer, walk to the kitchen and run water on it from the tap and the ink won't run! I found the same was true with Canon ink on Staples paper, tried out a Canon in the store with staples paper and used a drinking fountain.

I really wonder if the speciality papers are really worth it unless you have a really critical eye? I know I have had bad luch with Kodak paper in my old Epson's, haven't tried it in my HP, like what I'm using.