Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
He's 60+ years old and probably does fine...for a 60 year old.

With regard to your level of conditioning, I doubt he's ever, in his entire life, been as fit as you!

My guess is you could piggyback him and his gear farther than he could hike on his own.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
He's 60+ years old and probably does fine...for a 60 year old.

With regard to your level of conditioning, I doubt he's ever, in his entire life, been as fit as you!

My guess is you could piggyback him and his gear farther than he could hike on his own.

Hey, I hope I'm out hunting hard when I'm sixty-plus years old.

I also hope I still know when to just STFU and don't find myself on the internet arguing with people I don't know about subjects I know something, but not a lot, about.....

As for piggybacking him, I don't know how big he is. I could easily hump 150 pounds 20+ miles in the mountains in one day though, as long as I have some advil and a beer when I get to camp.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I wasn't trying to raise any sympathy for him. He talks out of his ass constantly. You're getting a pretty good dose of it now. Just wait; in two weeks, you can come back and have the exact same conversation with him even though you've handed him his ass in his hat on this one. Do that three or four times (some of us are in the dozens of such conversations) with him and any semblance of pity for the elderly flies out the window.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
E, those Pa boys knew what they were doing. I forgot you were on that trip too to witness what we did (NOT). Just another example of arrogance, and a plain ol' dumb-ass response. Not surprised.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
That very much reminds me of a fella we picked up at the airport about 5 years ago. He was coming in to W TX to hunt sandhills mule deer, and showed up with a Weatherby 30-378 wearing a Leupy 6-24 varmint type scope with all the bells and whistles. From the moment we met him he bragged about his rig, and shooting abilities. To make a long story short, he shot 26 times in 4 days, all clean misses from 75-350 yards. To say he "flinched" would be an understatement. I'd almost call it a seizure while pulling the trigger. He didn't get shots off quick enough at least 7-8 times because he was screwin' around with those turrets, or having his scope turned to 24x trying to shoot at a deer 75 yards away. We finally told him he was done, never mind he didn't kill a buck, and told him to not bother to come back.

JG,

You really told someone who paid you $3000.00 to leave and not come back? My understanding of the guide business (A limited understanding I readily admit) is that a lot of your customer base is generated by word-of-mouth. Do you think that guy is going to recommend you to anyone else?

We certainly did. We felt he was unsafe and, more importantly, after four days of the fiasco the landowner himself offered up the suggestion, therefore it didn't really matter what we thought at that point. By the way, we have little trouble filling slots for free range aoudad, antelope, and BIG mulies. The record speaks for itself on our ranches.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have literally known at least 50 Eastern individuals who have gone on Western hunts of all types. NONE have fit your stereotype
of carrying or wanting to carry a "13lb wonder." Now I'm sure it has happened, but I'm also sure it is the exception and not the norm. I think the only one assuming-or is it fabricating-anything is you.

It seems that more and more people are finally seeing E for what he is.Not only is he one of only two people in the entire world that can focus a scope properly,a person that can tell you what your eyes are seeing better than you can,a person that can diagnose your vision without even examining your eyes,a person that knows how each and every scope manufacturer tests each and every scope model,he can also tell you just what type of hunter a person is just by where that person currently lives. grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He's peeing up a rope and it dripping on the home team. Mistake.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
By the way, we have little trouble filling slots for free range aoudad, antelope, and BIG mulies. The record speaks for itself on our ranches.

Where are your ranches located?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
These Pa guys knew what they were doing for sure.
I think every machinist in PA doubles as his own gunsmith - and they're ALL good shots. If somebody from PA tells me he can shoot I believe it unless he proves himself wrong.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
By the way, we have little trouble filling slots for free range aoudad, antelope, and BIG mulies. The record speaks for itself on our ranches.

Where are your ranches located?

West Texas and Eastern New Mexico primarily. There have been 6 B&C antelope taken the past 3 years, numerous 30" aoudad, and mulies up to 191" gross.

IC B3

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 338reddog, 117LBS, 204guy, 19 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,802
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.