Print Thread
Hop To
Page 97 of 1,842 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey thanks ND!

Merry Christmas to as well. Tell MrsND, and the kids Merry Christmas from the Tzone's.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
yep, Merry Christmas to everyone, have a safe season!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Merry Christmas!

Safe Travels everyone!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Merry Christmas campfire friends and families!

[Linked Image]

SHOOTERVILLE!

Craig

Wood is Good.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Back at chya smile
that sled looks similar to one we got from the skidoo dealer 30 + years ago ( folds down flat ? ) , still got the sled but the snowmobile is long gone .
Hope you guys get some snow this year laugh

Last edited by M1894; 12/24/08.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Found the sled pic , it's on the left all folded up .

[Linked Image]

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep - that's a fold-a-sled. I bought it at a Baudette Minnesota second-hand store. Permanently welded upright. That solves a nasty little problem of the thing folding up with a passenger.

They do make one today, but modified a little. yours looks like the vintage of mine.

We do have snow. Plenty.

Off to Cozumel Mexico in the morning! Don't freeze your thing off!

Craig

Wood is Good.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Swishing through to wish a merry Christmas!

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks swish!!

we're having a lazy pajama day in snowy Duluth MN.

Thinkin about having a glass of wine.

Merry Christmas everyone & thanks for the friendship & good fun here on the campfire forums.

Dave, Pam & kids.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Merry Christmas all! From wausau. Nice winter day here. Beautiful but cold out.

Had a great day with the kids opening presents, eating prime rib w/ the family, and in deep into the Tom & Jerry's smile

Pretty great day really. I hope it was the same for all of you guys.

Tom, Betsy & kiddos.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Personally my Christmas has been Great for me the wife and kids. Hopefully you all have a Merry Christmas and Great Many New Years too!

However Sorry I just have to ask to say a prayer for my sister in law and her family. My older brother left to meet her with her family right after Christmas dinner, her father only has a few hours left. He got something in Nam and has been fighting it ever since, his time is going by fast now though. I know they could use the prayers as he isn't much over 60 or so and has many who will Greatly miss a fellow deer hunter myself included. Thanks!

Time to blow out the Christmas lantern soon and get some sleep work will come early tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get sometime to bowhunt over the weekend we'll see. Been making deer camp alittle more cozy and added a bourbon bottle and some extra soda in the fridge over there today. Kiddo is counting down to the second youth season in a couple weeks so its not over yet..lol

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I pulled a trigger today.It was great!If you remember,the heart surgeon told me in June that he wanted my sternum to heal for 6 to 8 months without the shock of a rifle's recoil.Today a bunch of friends had a day after Christmas informal get together shoot.I took several pistols which I had not yet shot,a 10/22 rifle and I also took the 45/70 Handi rifle with newly mounted scope.Yep,Boomer is now wearing glasses.I figured that one shot with it would tell me more than a bunch of shooting with anything else.I shot everything else and finally got around to Boomer.I was kinda apprenhensive when I finally screwed up enough gumption to shoot.It was OK tho.I shot it about 20 rounds and I'm still in one piece and I feel ok.Hell no,I feel great!Geez,I have really missed shooting.
This was the first missed deer season for me since 1975.
When I got home I cleaned all of the guns and then did a bunch of reloading for the 45/70 and for the .44 special pistol.
I had a great day!

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
All right Stan!!! Good news. Feels pretty good to get the bug out and rattle a few filling doesn't it?

Glad to hear you're back to shooting. Even more glad to hear that your feeling good enough to do it!

How was your Christmas?

Tom

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
northern dave,

How is the elk? I still need to kill one! I have until Jan 31 if I can still get up on the mountain!

I need to hang out here more often and stay away from the Hunters Campfire section. You guys post better pictures!

Keith

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Stan,

Way to GO!!! That is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! All that walking has paid off now, keep the faith Man your doing GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing..

Having a Good day here too, tomorrow I pull out all my goose decoys and wash them up to get ready for snow goose season. For now its back to Horton hears a who with the kids, Great night sharing Friday Night movies together.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Oh hey guys check this out, a guy from Northern Daves state rescues a deer on the ice on video. Pretty cool.

http://blog.deeranddeerhunting.com/rubline/Deer+Trapped+On+Ice.aspx

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes it was wabo!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wabo&tzone,
Thanks for the good words of encouragement guys.

tzone,Linda and I had a good Christmas.Thanks for asking.

wabo,I'm sure all of the walking has helped.By the way I am very sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's father.My prayers are offered.

Stan

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 12/27/08.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks Stan!!!

Got my Nephew in the other room now, watching movies with my kids as his Mom and Dad are with her family. Tough for the kids in the family but I have Nephew and we have done everything from shootin Red Riders to playing fetch with my lab. He is having fun!

I've been trying to pickup on my walking too, now I just need to be more like you and get out there and do some more shootin! Do you guys have any seasons open at this point or are they closed for the year?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that elk's pretty good Keith! grin

you better go get one before the snow piles up to high.

Something clever here.

Page 97 of 1,842 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.