Hop To
Page 100 of 1,842 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh for cripe sakes.

I just noticed we went over 80,000 views tonight.

what the heck?

crazy.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northern_dave
You got a plywood floor in that trailer? do an overlay. Just go an inch, it will help a lot.

Strip the floor with 1" narrow boards for stringers & cut foam sheeting to fit between strips then do a new layer of plywood over the top of it all.

A lot of guys insulate small shacks, ice fishing houses, trailers etc that way as an improvement over single layer non insulated floor.

if your cargo isn't to heavy per sq inch you can skip the stripping except for where plywood seams meet. The high density foam will do well between 2 sheets of plywood if it's just atv wheel pressure.

just draw the top sheet down snug with some screws evenly spaced.

Floor is already finished and has carpet. Also got a 20000 btu blue flame heater plumbed in. Floor has heavy duty tie downs installed too. Over lay won't work. Need to insulate from the bottom. Was hoping to avoid cutting a fastening sheets of insulation in between the framework. Spraying seemed much easier and efficient.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
You guys and the insulation..lol.. Dave your ice house is almost the exact size of my tandem enclosed trailer I built and I'm plannin to insulate it and do the interior the same as your ice house. Thanks for the ideas as my trailer will serve as a 2nd deer/waterfowl camp much more ifnn I get busy before next year..

Ya knew I had to give you some flack about keeping Pam happy right...lol.. Just trying to make sure ya got all the bases covered and it sounds and looks as though your doing a Perty Good Job... laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My portable deer/elk camp. Insulating the floor would be a big plus! wink

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh yeah, you'd like an insulated floor in that. How are the walls?

Ceiling?

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
FN'A...that is the ugliest ice shack I've ever seen. I fuggin love it. grin (that is a compliment by the way)

I don't think I've seen a better [s]beer drinkin[/s, fishing shack. It is all business for fishin or... whatever laugh

A small generator, some tunes, a few nudie posters, some blackberry brandy, you're set.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
elkhunter,

how do you like that portable camp of yours? My step dad has a 24 footer for hauling cabinets, and we have talked of using it for a porta camp.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow, that shop is MESSY. I cant believe you took pictures of it. I mean really, couldnt ya clean it up for us before you took the pictures? I am sure some on here are mortally offended.

Are you gonna put an axle under it? Dad built one last winter and he just put the axle on this fall. Soooo much easier to move. Oh, at 8' wide you would be too wide wouldn't ya. So you gotta trailer it, eh?

Dont forget the shelves, you cant have too many shelves.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dave & tzone,

Sorry this is so pic heavy but if I reduce them they go too small to see anything.

I ordered it from the dealer with 12V lighting (3 inside, 2 cargolights on back and one on the side by the rv door), RV door access, insulated walls and ceiling, windows and 2 roof vents with the idea of using it this way. I added the heater with the help of a very talented friend who plumbed it and built the propane carrier on the nose. I found an online dealer that sold d-ring clips so I could fasten an awning to it for a cooking shelter. I store/haul my Yamaha Grizzly in it (I can haul 2 of them) and when I get to where I am going I pull it out, set up cots ( have done 3 but it is a bit cramped) and have a comfortable camp. We moved the battery outside (it was mounted inside by the factory) and I use a solar panel to charge it.

An early pic out antelope hunting, we found we needed a side panel for the awning...this is a continual work in progress.. [Linked Image]

My buddy's up elk hunting. He got me started on this idea. He put a cookstove in the nose of his.. [Linked Image]

Interior when I hunt alone and the weather is not good for cooking outside.... [Linked Image]

I put a shelf in the nose of mine itending to install a sink and place to cook, but changed my mind. A kid could sleep up here but it makes for good storage. like I said a work in progress... [Linked Image]

Another cot used as storage when no guests... [Linked Image]

20,000 btu heater is more than enough, but the next smaller one wasn't!! [Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
very nice looking camp, I like that a whole lot!!

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Very cool. The trailer we would use is lighted too. It wouldn't be as customized as yours becacue he uses it for work. He stores a few wheelers in his when not in use.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Moose Camp in October..it was warm! This sjhows the awning a bit better. I made a windscreen/firepit out of old signs. With the wind the way it is here and the dry grass I even use it around the grill!
[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Wow, that shop is MESSY. I cant believe you took pictures of it. I mean really, couldnt ya clean it up for us before you took the pictures? I am sure some on here are mortally offended.

Are you gonna put an axle under it? Dad built one last winter and he just put the axle on this fall. Soooo much easier to move. Oh, at 8' wide you would be too wide wouldn't ya. So you gotta trailer it, eh?

Dont forget the shelves, you cant have too many shelves.

Well, MN changed the laws on wheel houses, you have to license them as a trailer and as a fish house this year. So that kind of sways me away from a wheel kit.

If I were to put wheels under it though it would be a tandem axle wheel dolly that I simply unpin from the underside. I don't go for the common wheel house designs with boxed wheel houses or with 6' wide houses to accomodate the wheels on the outside. I don't like the idea of comprimising any floor space. This one will probably remain a trailored house and if anything I will modify a trailer for fast loading/unloading of the house.

but yes, shelves, need some shelves. probably a fold down table on each end too between the end spots in the layout.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Where's you going to put that house Dave? My house just went out to Gull Rock this morning. we'll see's how there doing there today. i'll be out there new years day for sure. I bought an old wheel house last Christmas and have been working on it for a while making it look more pretty!! I've got a 2 burner cook top in there and a small propane heater as well. makes fishing a lot of fun on those cold days if your comfortable. I am looking at building a 8x16 on wheels too though. just bought the plans for the wheel kit and got the frame designed up already!! just got to weld. would like to spray foam the interior though... looks good, let me know where your putting the party shack!! I'll have the captain in the house as well.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was going to ask you where you would be.

I thought about gull. please let me know how they do there. I was going to go to arnesons reef but was considering gull rock.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We did fairly good out there last year but the road is to the west side of it this year. there always seems to be fish, just have to be patient some days, kinda like looking for that waskilly wabbit!! I'm thinking the Rock is fairly consistent. Not as far as going to zipple and we didn't do all that hot out there at all last year. i got the mapchip for the lake so i will better position it once i get out there thursday. Just talked to my house and all they got there so far is one little one. the plan may change yet. they might just pull up and go farther north. lots of houses to the north where they can see it sounds.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
HOLY CRAP!!!! 200 pages.

You're a freakin ledgend...grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He's been a legend ever since the baboon azz thread! Brilliant I tell ya! grin

If I could ice fish like you guys do I would get back into it. Problem down here is few lakes and the wind. Buddy of mine had his portable shack collapse on him a couple of times! He said that wasn't as bad as the wind breaking him loose an moving him though! laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
fear the monkey.

that horrible red assed monkey. laugh

This is what us ice fishers sit & stare at, mezmorizing, we watch the bobber, watch the bobber... oh how we love the bobber.

We become bobber readers, the bobber tells the tale.

Rapid tap, perch bite.

Wham! drop 2 inches & sit there still, slowly sinking now, steady, nice (walleye bite for sure)

I just blinked & my bobber is gone, a single drop of water is in the air above where my bobber used to be.... line is spooling... (pike)

bobber coming up on it's side.... tulipee

The bobber tells all.

We love the bobber.

Why won't you go down bobber?

[Linked Image]

We hate you bobber....

grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Shack looks good and warm Dave. I'm gonna have to come up there and help break it in one of these weekends. Need to make another batch of jerkey first though! Isn't gull rock where we fished for large snot rockets last year?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 100 of 1,842 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,464 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.