Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
This thread is still alive?

We're a few hours away from being able to put this one on page 10 where it belongs!

HNY Christine.... I hope you have some resolutions for 09!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think I want to know about her resolutions. But I could pick some for her! wink

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess living in the deep south, I have seen racism more that I would like to have. Being in Birmingham...and passing by the 16th Street Baptist Church almost every day, I have always known that we are in the very center of where racism was at its worst. My parents, although ultra conservative, never taught us to hate black people. My father would have been very upset had my sister or I brought a black man home. That is just the way he was..and still is. His concern was in knowing what society and the community we lived in would put the whole family thru were we to marry interracially. I have seen homes burned to the ground, people lose jobs, exiled from the church...ect all for an interracial marriage. My father never wanted that to happen to us.
Today, I think he still has strong feelings about the subject, but the Southern society at large has loosened up a little on that ignorant belief.
I have to say that I was appalled to read what Christina had posted. I guess each person has the right to think and say what they wish, however, when you say something like that, you have to have enough a$$ to back it up or else take the heat for saying it.
Do I want my children to marry interracially...??? No, because we live in Alabama and hatred still exists. Would I die and disown my child...NO WAY! Could I love a black person that my child brought home...yes, definately YES! Im not sure who they will choose for a partner, I just hope that I have taught them to choose for love and compatibility FIRST.

Christina, having grown up in the south, I can undestand why you would say such things. I have to wonder about where you grew up and to what type culture you were exposed. Ignorance breeds ignorance. If you were surrounded by ignorance....then that is all you know, and your convictions and prejudices were formed as such. I only hope that you will find an opportunity to expose yourself to a new way of thinking and find value in ALL people, regardless of color.

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Welcome back Kat and I hope you are doing better.

This is not in response to Kat she just happens in the last post.

I have read all the posts and agree.

But I do wonder how many of you would respond if your child came home with a same sex partner and said, "Guess what we are getting married?"

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But I do wonder how many of you would respond if your child came home with a same sex partner and said, "Guess what we are getting married?"

Or if your child came home with a same sex pagan partner.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Or if your child came home with a same sex pagan partner.

Not a problem. Would try to make them understand the problems they might have but other than that, no problem.

I will say in the light of full disclosure, back 30+ years ago when I thought I was a Christian it would have been a problem because the Church told me it was a problem. Fortunately, I'm not a sorta Christian anymore.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Or any sex partner of the same faith with Les's sense of humor and a yellow gun.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Or any sex partner of the same faith with Les's sense of humor and a yellow gun.

The yellow gun is a deal breaker. frown

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
All I know is if my son came home with a black female who was his date and a guest in his father's and his home....I would not be on a computer whining to folks here about it. She is my son's guest in mine and his home and she would be treated as such.

I love my son and I will respect how he may love. My love for my son is not conditioned or premised upon his feelings. They are conditioned and premised upon my feelings. At 50,and as a step-dad who has taken on 3 other children to take care of and to love, I've learned my heart is capable of some peculiar, yet some exhilarating compassion. I intend to expand that capability, not unreasonably diminish it.

I strive to be an overall good man. I can't or couldn't even consider dictating the rules by which another shall love...especially my loved children!

Corny HS...yeah, but I stand by it!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
All I know is if my son came home with a black female who was his date and a guest in his father's and his home....I would not be on a computer whining to folks here about it. She is my son's guest in mine and his home and she would be treated as such.

I love my son and I will respect how he may love. My love for my son is not conditioned or premised upon his feelings. They are conditioned and premised upon my feelings. At 50,and as a step-dad who has taken on 3 other children to take care of and to love, I've learned my heart is capable of some peculiar, yet some exhilarating compassion. I intend to expand that capability, not unreasonably diminish it.

I strive to be an overall good man. I can't or couldn't even consider dictating the rules by which another shall love...especially my loved children!

Bob,

You are going to ruin your reputation (sometimes well deserved! grin) if you keep up with the moral high ground stuff!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who cares,it's all pink on the inside anyway.........

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
[Linked Image]

WB.

Wow.

BMT

Priya Rai.

She makes some,uh,ahem,entertaining videos.I have a few of her DVDs.........she knows her way around a sausage,to put it mildly.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac

+1

I am much better off when I offer love....judgement is above my pay grade. blush

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sycamore

I can assure you that however I may sound, it is never from a dive into some moral high-ground. I would never be so presumptuous, especially in light of my posts over the last couple of years.

I merely speak from what I've learned as I have matured after my marriage to Karen (2 years ago) and being with her kids for 9 years and, of course, my entire time with my natural born son.

It has been a cathartic 9 years, Sycamore. I had to read books to figure out how to be a step-dad to my step-daughters and I always feel like I flunked a few quizzes.

But, I hang in there and I am not gonna let a unique newcomer into my home, with one of my kids, take me of my book learnin'!!

This is some hard schit I'm grasping and hanging onto, bro'!

Last edited by isaac; 12/31/08.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"I disapprove of what you say,
but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Like a moth to a flame when I saw this had jumped to 15 pages I had to come back and take a look. THANKS Steve and others for your picture postings, all I can say is DAMNNNNNN.... I'd bring any one of them home to Mom.

As for Chris"tina", he was professing to be a trani last night. It's a liberal world these days, but trani... he's probably one beer from hanging himself in a garage... No doubt he likes to see others conflicted as well.

Back to GUN stuff, or, pictures from Steve...

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah, pictures from Steve...or, gun stuff. Sure, yeah, gun stuff...or PICTURES FROM STEVE!!!

PICTURES FROM STEVE !!!!!!!!

PICTURES FROM STEVE!!!!!

I am new to these forums, i have lurked for some time but this post hit home, so I registered. I have the same name on many outdoor forums so some of you may know me.
I am a 34 w/m who is madly in love with a 27 yr old b/w, I am as "country" as it gets, love my guns but I mainly bowhunt. I live in Fl so deepsouth. I am also the President of our hunting club. I have had to deal with so much BS over my baby. I have had to defend ourselves from ignorance way too many times and the responses on this board from fellow hunters and outdoorsman give me a lot of hope for the future. Trust me i got my share of bumps and scars over it and will defend us to the end, and we are the most unlikely couple you will ever see, her being college educated and me being a blue collar boy. But she loves hopping up in my Ford and says she feels safer with me than any where in the world, and she is.
Anyway, my point is, thank all of you at the Campfire for reminding me that not everyone in the USA has there head in their ass.

Dirty hands make for clean money
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Opposites attract. She's your other half. Welcome to the fire.

Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (AussieGunWriter, benchman, 10Glocks, BALLISTIK, 35, 10 invisible), 1,369 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,245
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.