Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Got an email the other day from one of my ex-partners she got out of LE work in the nineties but we have sort of kept in touch. Any how she sent me pictures of her Grandchildren. She was a divorced Mother of two when we worked togeather. My Girls baby sat for her, and she and my wifle became real good friends. Anyhow it hit me when she sent me the pictures of her grandkids, her boy was six and her little girl was two, and still in diapers when we met. we worked togeather for three years. I got to know all of them real well. Her grandkids are three two and 10 months the three year old and the 10 month are her girls the two year old is her little boys. But seems like only the other day her little girl needed diapers ( I went tyto the store for her once during a blizzard because her car would not start) and I took her boy to the ER because he fell out of a tree and broke his arm. Just makes me feel OLD is all.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I feel old everytime I think of my twin brother becoming a great grandpa in June....I don't know how he got to be so old, I didn't!

Sassy

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
when my bones are cracking and i can barely move is when i feel old

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When someone calls me Mr.......grin I look behind me expecting to see my Dad!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Today it's my back that's making me feel old. Arthritis in my lower back ages me every time it acts up.

Mostly though, I don't feel any older at 54 than I did at 40. I've beaten cancer, saw the kids get on their own and my oldest has a couple kids of her own, had a couple career ups and downs but life is good. Now, if my back quits hurting all will be well.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Seeing the neighborhood kids that grew up with daughter.Now they are are teaching their own kids to ride bikes ect.I saw a lot of those kids because I could air up the tires on their bikes and balls.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I felt kinda old when I recognized this woman that I went to high school with. Her big boobs were hanging a bit lower, but she was still very attractive. (Can you see where I was hoping to go?)

I went up to her and said "Hi, you used to be in my high school class!"

She answered: "Really? What class did you teach?"

<insert best Rodney Dangerfield rimshot>

smile

John

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being old-it aint for sissies!! eek

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ward
Today it's my back that's making me feel old. Arthritis in my lower back ages me every time it acts up.

Mostly though, I don't feel any older at 54 than I did at 40. I've beaten cancer, saw the kids get on their own and my oldest has a couple kids of her own, had a couple career ups and downs but life is good. Now, if my back quits hurting all will be well.

Ward, first of all, congratulations on beating cancer. I'm still battling it with chemo and have been losing strength for going on six years now. I have a serious problem doing anything that requires physical exertion. What hurts the most is that I just can't spend time with my kids and grandkids. It isn't the age that gets to me, it's the weakness and the dependency on the drugs and the doctors.

Hell, I've got grandchildren and a great grandson living in California that I've never seen yet. The fact that I can't just saddle up and go down there, that makes me feel old.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That would be hard.I love being grandad.Not being able to pick them up when they reach up for you would hurt.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My body! And when I realise my Daughter is closing in on 50!!!!!!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
there's a certain 20 year old that manages to do so, but it takes her a few hours for mission accomplished.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What makes you feel old?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Doctors telling me I'm not 20 anymore!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Seeing a hot looking chick and realizing she was behind my daughters in school

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reddnek
Seeing a hot looking chick and realizing she was behind my daughters in school

haayyyzuess, did you have to bring that up? my daughter turns 19 tomorrow.

it's getting close to time to hang up these spurs I reckon.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Getting Close???

I got a doc I want you to see!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Had to chain 8 tires to get across Snoqualmie Pass last night. Dropped and hooked in a yard in Tacoma then ran to Costco in Silverdale, WA at 2:30 this morning. Went to bed until I delivered the load at 6:00 this morning then drove home. Hands hurt if I try to bend any fingers. Body feels like it belongs in a septic tank. Grandkids are getting married left and right. 60 is exactly five months away and I feel it today.

Still, it beats laying down and quitting.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In conversation with someone and saying something like,"You remember back in the 50's..." and realizing that they and possibly even their parents weren't even born yet.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scott F
Had to chain 8 tires to get across Snoqualmie Pass last night. Dropped and hooked in a yard in Tacoma then ran to Costco in Silverdale, WA at 2:30 this morning. Went to bed until I delivered the load at 6:00 this morning then drove home. Hands hurt if I try to bend any fingers. Body feels like it belongs in a septic tank. Grandkids are getting married left and right. 60 is exactly five months away and I feel it today.

Still, it beats laying down and quitting.
Chaining up would make anybody feel old. Heck, makes me feel old just thinking about it.
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
When someone calls me Mr.......grin I look behind me expecting to see my Dad!
I remember when the c-store clerks started calling me "ma'am" - that's when I really knew I was getting old. I'd think "Who is he/she talking to?"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I remember back when I was to hurt to work and had to walk with a cane. Pretty young ladies would open the door for me. Now that may not mean much to some of you younger folks but I still open the door for women even my wife, every time. Sure hurt my pride! blush

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 06hunter59, 160user, 50 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,137
Posts18,523,243
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.