Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Lee24
I understand that some of you are looking at a picture in a catalog and I am holding the real rifles. Has anyone actually held one of these alleged rifles with the tacky floor plates?

Here ya go, dickhead:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...owflat/Number/2696982/page/1#Post2696982

HR IC

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
While I'm not a fan of the engraving, it's leaps and bounds ahead of what Winchester used to rollmark on the Super Grades.........
I'm pretty sure that a good ball peen and a punch set would have equaled what they had going on there.

As for Lee24, the saga continues for whatever reason. At least now he has a legitimate chance of actually having a Winchester, but from he's mentioned already, he's yet to "see" one.

I put a bounty up for a real Safari Express and he's yet to earn himself a free gun. Can't see how a guy could turn that down, unless of course he was completely and utterly full of it........

I learned a long time ago that if you catch someone lying about one thing, they'll most likely have a tendency to lie about everything. Lee has been caught in a long lengthy lie, but is so sick in the head, he refuses to admit it.

He should have some sort of scarlett letter next to his name, so everyone knows what he is. I feel sorry for anyone that would consider selling him anything on the classifieds, or think for one moment that he might be able to interject any knowledge into any thread.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
who cares about the win mag. Id like to see one in 338-06.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Thanks for the picture, Numbrod.

So they did make and sell a few with some "engraving" that some people don't like, but not many, and now the ones in the stores have plain floorplates. Sounds like the problem was much worrying about nothing.

That rifle in the photos has nice wood and bluing, just like the ones I have handled, starting back in September, none of which had anything on the floorplates.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lee, you said:

"Since none of the dozen new Made-in-SC Model 70s had any writing on the floor plates (much less real engraving), I would like to see a some pictures of these alleged things, if they actually exist."

You asked for a picture and you got one. How about a picture from you on the "alleded things" that don't have the tacky writing?

IC B2

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So they did make and sell a few with some "engraving" that some people don't like, but not many, and now the ones in the stores have plain floorplates. Sounds like the problem was much worrying about nothing.

That rifle in the photos has nice wood and bluing, just like the ones I have handled, starting back in September, none of which had anything on the floorplates.

I've handled half a dozen of them , and all were marked with the limited/special graphic.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by southtexas
Lee, you said:

"Since none of the dozen new Made-in-SC Model 70s had any writing on the floor plates (much less real engraving), I would like to see a some pictures of these alleged things, if they actually exist."

You asked for a picture and you got one. How about a picture from you on the "alleded things" that don't have the tacky writing?

What, Liar24 provide proof? Naw.........

He won't. Simply, because he can't.

While you're at it, Liar24, post those pics and the one of that phantom .375H&H rollmarked "Made in Columbia, SC". You know, the one that Winchester says they haven't made, but you SWEAR you've got. Yeah, that one.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by KDK

Likewise, as have many other folks. Except Liar24, of course, though all his have been in his imagination.

I've handled half a dozen of them , and all were marked with the limited/special graphic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I forgot how much the posting of direct, first-hand, hands-on experience bothers some people who don't have it - especially regarding the Model 70 Winchester.

Since none of the dozen new Made-in-SC Model 70s had any writing on the floor plates (much less real engraving), I would like to see a some pictures of these alleged things, if they actually exist.

Do you get a lot of headaches?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I know that most of you dimwits say the sky is blue,but I know it's red,and I have the pixs to prove it.

But I'm not gonna post the pictures because you people are not worthy of my effort.

Yes sir, the sky is red and new Winchesters have smooth floorplates and I have a 375 H&H marked 'Made in my Butt'.

You people are so unwothy of me. grin

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

I know that most of you dimwits say the sky is blue,but I know it's red,and I have the pixs to prove it.

But I'm not gonna post the pictures because you people are not worthy of my effort.

Yes sir, the sky is red and new Winchesters have smooth floorplates and I have a 375 H&H marked 'Made in my Butt'.

You people are so unwothy of me. grin

So laughin'............

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
wsmnut already said that the Winchester web site shows the Model 70s with plain floorplates. Are they "liars", or is wsmnut "a liar"? Grow up, M-70 nuts.

I can surely go to a local gun store and take pictures of whatever M-70s are still on the rack from 2008 with no engraving. Then some doofuss will cry, "Them's 2009 models!".
Whatever.

If your M-70 has a floorplate with faux engraving that you don't like, buy a plain one from the factory, or from whoever claims to be the OEM manufacturer, or buy a replacement part from a third-party machine shop.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Idiot.

But you are entertaining to read. I'd put "watch" but that would imply a picutre or some sort of representation to substantiate what you say.

That ain't gonna happen......................

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

...and,

Utah absolutely,positively did not beat my beloved Bama.

Never happened,

Did I mention that my Model 70 Safari Express was marked

' Made in an Alternate State'?

An Alternate State of Reality. grin

Last edited by ruraldoc; 01/05/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

...and,

Utah absolutely,positively did not beat my beloved Bama.

Never happened,

That's a lie I wouldn't let you tell!!! grin

WAR EAGLE!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

At least we beat the Tigers fer once. grin

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Liar24
wsmnut already said that the Winchester web site shows the Model 70s with plain floorplates. Are they "liars", or is wsmnut "a liar"? Grow up, M-70 nuts.

I can surely go to a local gun store and take pictures of whatever M-70s are still on the rack from 2008 with no engraving. Then some doofuss will cry, "Them's 2009 models!".
Whatever.

If your M-70 has a floorplate with faux engraving that you don't like, buy a plain one from the factory, or from whoever claims to be the OEM manufacturer, or buy a replacement part from a third-party machine shop.

You're so full of schit I can smell it from here.... And the wind blows in the opposite direction.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'll tell y'all something.
I don't have a dog in this fight and I am not a M-70 expert but I am a big fan and anxiously awaiting on the super grade.

Having said that, I handled 3 new Feather weights a few months back at a local shop and every one had that limited edition 2008 cheesy crap on them.
The guy at my shop told me to wait until 09 if I wanted one without it but I now have my heart set on a supergrade.

Thanks,
Doug

STILL clinging to my guns and my religion.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Here's a new Featherweight Deluxe that is chambered in 270 WSM:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=119858352

Floorplate is engraved, too.

Also saw a 300 wsm Featherweight deluxe as well on gunbroker.

So Winchester is starting to get out rifles other than 270 Win and 30-06.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 24 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.