Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JonA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=404&Itemid=1

Hensoldt Will Hit US Shores
Wednesday, 07 January 2009

Significant news broke this afternoon concerning German optics - specifically, their availability to the US consumer.

It's no secret that the Germans are the leader in optical technology, and Carl Zeiss sits atop the pack in terms of hard-won respect and spot-on engineering.

TacticalGunFans have long had access to Zeiss optics through the company's North American Carl Zeiss Sports Optics division. But the Holy Grail of the company's tactical suite, its Hensoldt line, has been held back from US shores.

Why? The reasons are long and involved, but the news today is that finally, Hensoldt optics will be imported and sold in the US. The news is set to shake up the tactical optics market from top to bottom.

A History Lesson

Carl Zeiss Optronics dates back to its founding by Carl Zeiss on Nov. 17, 1846.

Hensoldt, on the other hand, was founded in 1852 by Moritz Carl Hensoldt, and at the time was a significant competitor to Zeiss. Prior to World War I, Hensoldt expanded its military optics effort, but after the war was forbidden under treaty from producing arms. It thus merged with the Zeiss Gruppe in 1928.

However, unlike other Zeiss acquisitions, Hensoldt continued its own production, retained its own name, and during World War II resumed military optics manufacturing.

In 1964 Zeiss and Hensoldt merged manufacturing efforts and today, Hensoldt not only produces sporting optics for Zeiss, but it also manufactures highly specialized military wares that include nightvision devices, as well as sighting systems for tanks, guided missiles and small arms.

Availability

The news that Hensoldt will be available to US consumers comes courtesy of HDC, which was chosen by Zeiss to be the sole US distribution partner for its Hensoldt line.

A press release announcing the news noted that HDC was chosen "for its professionalism and commitment to offer quality products supported by excellent technical knowledge and experience. These attributes perfectly suited the requirements to be a distribution partner with Carl Zeiss Optronics."

HDC president Nathan Hunt is a disabled military and special operations combat veteran who's deep in the industry, where he's served in end‐user, retail and wholesale capacities. HDC's service and technical support are widely recognized as excellent.

About the Hensoldt distribution agreement, Hunt noted: "This is a superb opportunity for us at HDC as a company. Distribution status with Carl Zeiss Optronics enables us to enhance our capabilities of supplying our customers with the most exciting products from the market and technology leader. This product line brings with it quality and performance previously not known to the US Market."

http://www.hudisco.com/

[Linked Image]

Nice to see more quality choices available.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
nice to see that some Americans still have the money to buy such quality and spendy optics. laugh
Bet these start at $3000 and go up.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JonA
The tactical market is still growing.Thats a good thing
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks....interesting and nice to have options.

in many cases, we get what we pay for. Pay to play.........

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks....interesting and nice to have options.

In many cases, we get what we pay for.

Pay to play.........

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have to mention that 6-24x72 to my hunting buddy. He's been wanting to retire the 1.5-5x20 Leupold that's on his Browning Low Wall.

Tongue firmly in cheek,

mathman grin

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice, but I think I'll keep spending my money at USO.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tod
Very nice, but I think I'll keep spending my money at USO.

I will keep spending mine at S&B.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
That 72 makes those 56's look like 40's.

I'll be sticking to the Sightron and Pentax. Unless my left one gains a significant share in the market, then we'll see.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those sure don't look like my father's Hensoldts. shocked

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Those things are gonna be getting close to 4K.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw,
Good to go... I thought the SSGs mounting a bit goofy, however, the other scopes have promise. I should have pushed through on the importation offer made some months back. That said we shall see....

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270
mattgarrettearthlnk.net

NRA Life Benefactor Member
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I wish they would bring that 4-16FF into the Diavari line...at @ 20-22 ounces for a fantastic LR hunting scope.

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Absolutely Hutch, would have the best hunter in the world if that happened.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw,
I never thought I would say this, however, the New 6-24x72 SAM is an interesting, if overwhelming, option for Long Range Shooting. Amazing amount of input from the rifle scope. I believe this is the beginning of new technology that will make many current scopes obsolete in coming years. I'm looking forward to getting some hands on with this Hensoldt....

Regards, Matt Garrett

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Matt,

How much is that 6-24x72 going to cost? 4K+?

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by JonA
http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=404&Itemid=1

Hensoldt Will Hit US Shores
Wednesday, 07 January 2009

Significant news broke this afternoon concerning German optics - specifically, their availability to the US consumer.

It's no secret that the Germans are the leader in optical technology, and Carl Zeiss sits atop the pack in terms of hard-won respect and spot-on engineering.

TacticalGunFans have long had access to Zeiss optics through the company's North American Carl Zeiss Sports Optics division. But the Holy Grail of the company's tactical suite, its Hensoldt line, has been held back from US shores.

Why? The reasons are long and involved, but the news today is that finally, Hensoldt optics will be imported and sold in the US. The news is set to shake up the tactical optics market from top to bottom.

A History Lesson

Carl Zeiss Optronics dates back to its founding by Carl Zeiss on Nov. 17, 1846.

Hensoldt, on the other hand, was founded in 1852 by Moritz Carl Hensoldt, and at the time was a significant competitor to Zeiss. Prior to World War I, Hensoldt expanded its military optics effort, but after the war was forbidden under treaty from producing arms. It thus merged with the Zeiss Gruppe in 1928.

However, unlike other Zeiss acquisitions, Hensoldt continued its own production, retained its own name, and during World War II resumed military optics manufacturing.

In 1964 Zeiss and Hensoldt merged manufacturing efforts and today, Hensoldt not only produces sporting optics for Zeiss, but it also manufactures highly specialized military wares that include nightvision devices, as well as sighting systems for tanks, guided missiles and small arms.

Availability

The news that Hensoldt will be available to US consumers comes courtesy of HDC, which was chosen by Zeiss to be the sole US distribution partner for its Hensoldt line.

A press release announcing the news noted that HDC was chosen "for its professionalism and commitment to offer quality products supported by excellent technical knowledge and experience. These attributes perfectly suited the requirements to be a distribution partner with Carl Zeiss Optronics."

HDC president Nathan Hunt is a disabled military and special operations combat veteran who's deep in the industry, where he's served in end‐user, retail and wholesale capacities. HDC's service and technical support are widely recognized as excellent.

About the Hensoldt distribution agreement, Hunt noted: "This is a superb opportunity for us at HDC as a company. Distribution status with Carl Zeiss Optronics enables us to enhance our capabilities of supplying our customers with the most exciting products from the market and technology leader. This product line brings with it quality and performance previously not known to the US Market."

http://www.hudisco.com/

[Linked Image]

Nice to see more quality choices available.

Jon,

That's an impressive line up of scopes.
The only concern I personally would have buying one is their support structure AFTER the sale.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Matt,

How much is that 6-24x72 going to cost? 4K+?

I just got the price list... The 6-24x72 SAM is not quite $12,000. It very well may be the next step, however, I will not be the one making it...

Regards, Matt.

Hello, Thanks to everyone for your interest in Hensoldt products by Carl Zeiss Optronics.

I wanted to thank Matt for his inquirey as well.

The 6-24x72 SAM was designed for military applications. It is the result of a "no holds barred" engineering project. Carl Zeiss Optronics designed the best Optical/Electonic device that it could and the price was what it was. (Thermometers and other sensitive instruments in the SAM are difficult to design when recoil must be considered.)

The standard 6-24x72 will not be $4k, but I must let dealers quote the final prices.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post them as I will try to check in on this thread often. Just try to be patient with me as this is SHOT Show week and things are kind of busy.

Thanks again for your interst.

Best regards,

Nathan Hunt

Last edited by HuDisCo; 01/13/09.

Nathan Hunt - HDC, LLC
www.HuDisCo.com - 205-690-8470
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nathan,

Who are the dealers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,249 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,377
Posts18,506,628
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.