Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Blue,

Congrats man.

I'll be hunting in NM in Unit 31 very nearby where the gentlemen are talking about the big boys being killed. Very close to the Frying Pan Ranch in fact...

JGRaiders' photos generally look like what I'll be hunting. It will be a different hunt for me as I've been in Unit 30 and 34 for 5 years.

All this talk nearby my area had got be pretty dang pumped...

HS,

Feel free to PM me anything you may have to add. I've already talked to JG and some others about lots of stuff but I'd sure appreciate any added info you have...

Love yours pics BTW...

Ya'll have a good evening...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Where you coming in Colorado? Let me know, if there is any information I can pass along I'll gladly do it. I'm always happy to help a fellow Texan.
HS

Speaking of Colorado,
I have accumulated 5 deer points in Colorado with the eastern plains in mind. Do you have any tips for what part of the plains or which units would be the most ideal opportunity for a heavy massed rack?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by StrayDog; 08/25/09.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ray Atkinson, since I grew up hunting the Frying Pan Ranch that you now sell hunts on, I'd kind of like to see some pics of those monsters you've been killing also. Will you post a few for us? Thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Ray Atkinson, since I grew up hunting the Frying Pan Ranch that you now sell hunts on, I'd kind of like to see some pics of those monsters you've been killing also. Will you post a few for us? Thanks.

If he does we are likely to be blown away. He advertised on Accurate Reloading about 5 or 6 years ago that they kill 2-3 in the 208-235 class with spreads exceeding 40" inches, he said thats "not bad" considering they only take 7 hunters a year!

If you factor into account the deer they had killed previous to 2003 and the 2-3 giants per year since then I think ole Ray should be able to produce 10-15 pictures. Of course, this is assuming ole Ray wasnt lying through his teeth and thats a pretty big assumption knowing Ray.

Whats going to happen here is that Ray may stay away from the website a few days then pretend that he never saw this post. Or Ray will revert to name calling, telling me once again that I know some dude in west TX named Darren Proctor and that I am some punk internet Troll thats never hunted mule deer. Ray, I liked it when you tried to tell people that you talked to some of the ranchers I leased from in Mexico and tried to claim that I was not welcome back. That was funny! Why dont you tell all of us who those ranchers were. That was such a pathetic attempt to discredit me it hurt to read

Anyway, here is your opportunity to prove me wrong and once and for all shut me up. Its a softball I've lobbed you and its just begging to be hit out of the park Ray

Drummond

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also, I received the PMs and will respond shortly to the guys wanting CO info

Drummond

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys need to stop posting these pics of these big Sonora Mulies!!!!!!!!!
Doing so is just making me want to start outfitting again just so I can see them in my bins again.
That void of not hunting in Sonora is opening in my heart again and it sucks!

Thanks for giving me the urge again, even if I cannot follow it.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Ray, do you have any pics to post for us?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ray, do you have any pics to post for us?

Ray,

How bout a few pics to prove that you guys do kill deer this big every year. I'm not being a jerk, just asking you to prove it, you've made these claims on this forum, trying to sell these hunts to the hard working members of 24HR. Whats the problem with proving it? Seems to me you might have an interested party judging from the above quote

Seriously Ray, from the claims that you've made, you do better each and every year than the very best outfitters on the Arizona strip! Pretty impressive if it were true.

I was on the Strip in 04 and was on a hunt where the hunter killed a 296" deer, not bad for a troll kid thats never hunted mule deer as you claim. Go buy "Legend of the Strip" by muleycrazy magazine, it was a giant. Do you think a hunter has a realistic chance at a 300" deer on the Frying Pan Ray? whistle

Ray, I think you should post pictures of the deer your clients have killed. It should not be hard to do if you guys in fact killed these huge deer. If you cannot produce one single picture of these deer then I take it you guys havent killed squat and you should promptly cease and desist all advertising practices as it will be proven that you are a (insert derogatory word here)

One of my favorites is the time you advertised a deer as having been poached on a ranch you book hunts for. Its funny because I actually wrote the story about that very deer that was in fact poached, for MuleyCrazy and Hunting Illustrated and it wasnt even in a neighboring county. You cussed me for a year before finally admitting you were wrong. The part that shouldnt come as a surprise to anybody that knows you is that even after admitting you were wrong and it didnt come off of that ranch YOU CONTINUED TO ADVERTISE THAT DEER AS COMING OFF OF A RANCH YOU BOOK HUNTS FOR. Just blatantly lying to people, members of this very forum in fact, and trying to take their money. People go to prison for that kind of stuff.

So, long story short Ray, you should post the pics just to prove you werent lying or quit booking hunts all together. You made claims on this forum, you should prove them on this forum.

Drummond

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The silence we received from Atkinson on this issue says alot, wouldn't you say?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I just enjoy ya'll bumping it back up so I can look at the deer again...grin...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GregW
I just enjoy ya'll bumping it back up so I can look at the deer again...grin...

Calling Ray out on this is secondary to the pics for sure!!!! Some beautiful bucks throughout the thread and the pics never get old

HS

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
btt for a great thread!!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I have some pictures of some pretty impressive Mule Deer that were killed this last season in Ariz. and old Mexico during the bow season and can book you in the rifle season..

I can't post them but I can send them to anyone interested in a hunt....I have a lot of Mule Deer, Coues, and Whitetail hunts..

I won't get involved in the flaming going on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by atkinson
I have some pictures of some pretty impressive Mule Deer that were killed this last season in Ariz. and old Mexico during the bow season and can book you in the rifle season..

I can't post them but I can send them to anyone interested in a hunt....I have a lot of Mule Deer, Coues, and Whitetail hunts..

I won't get involved in the flaming going on.

Typical Ray, won't address the issue but will step in and try to book a hunt.

So you have pics from "bow season" in Mexico? Hilarious

I liked it when you tried to book a mule deer hunt in New Mexico last season and told people they could hunt both seasons, your likely to get somebody arrested and charged with felonies with info like that

What it boils down to Ray is that unless you can prove those outlandish claims about the size of the deer your hunters kill in TX every year then your nothing more than a liar and a damn thief! You take peoples money based on lies and some people go to prison for similar business practices.

You can call this a flaming if it makes you feel better, I call it taking a person to task and I am doing nothing more than asking you to validate your claims with some photos. The reason you call it a flaming is because YOU DONT HAVE ANY PICTURES and your clients HAVE NEVER KILLED A BIG DEER in that country. Because if this, you have to try and take the pressure off of yourself by claiming that you not going to lower yourself to this behavior which is laughable because a few years ago when I first called you out on this you threatened me with a beating(hilarious) and even called me on the phone and threatened me. So don't try to make these folks think your taking the high road, you have just run out of options.

I told you I wouldn't just go away and as long as you tried to sell that hunt based on lies I would be right there calling you out. So, long story short, post the pictures or not, if not I think it's obvious to more people than just me what kind of person you are

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Atkinson, if I were trying to sell trophy mule deer hunts for $7k like you do, surely you have some ammo to prove huntsonora wrong. Since these hunts take place in my back yard I'd love to see some pics, that's all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Atkinson, if I were trying to sell trophy mule deer hunts for $7k like you do, surely you have some ammo to prove huntsonora wrong. Since these hunts take place in my back yard I'd love to see some pics, that's all.

Ole Ray is just a con artist. You guys should go over to AR and do a search, he claims to have killed hundreds of buffalo, tells a story of stiff arming a hippo once and has stared down the charge of death on more occassions than he cares to remember. My favorite yarn is one where he claims to have rounded up the most wild cattle ever on "Cap Yates" ranch in west TX and he and some Mexican boys had to "sew their eyelids shut" because these cattle were too wild! Its so damn funny, claimed they drove them to a sale with their eyelids sewed shut.

Anyway, maybe JGRaider can be the judge of who is telling the truth. Maybe Ray will email him some pictures and he can confirm to Rays potential customers of 24hr whether or not he is killing these giants every year or not.

What do you say Ray? Sounds like a happy medium to me. Time to put up or shut up. I told you years ago, when you called and threatened to show up on me and my families doorstep, that as long as you lied about these hunts I would call you out every single time. You havent posted one picture in YEARS!

Ray, if somebody called me a LIAR, CHEAT and a THIEF I would post up pictures to silence them for good.

Pretty please Ray, with a cherry on top, will you prove that I'm wrong and that you have indeed found Heaven on earth for mule deer hunters, an area so good that not even the AZ Strip can compete with it, and post or email the pics.

HS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I were trying to sell trophy mule deer hunts for $7k like you do, surely you have some ammo to prove huntsonora wrong. Since these hunts take place in my back yard I'd love to see some pics, that's all.

JG,
I agree. But I think if he had any, they would have surfaced by now....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Atkinson is just a washed up ol hasbeen that can't keep his BS stories straight. I have butted heads with him several times over his BS hunt claims and all I ever got was he was gonna kick my azz. Well 2 years ago I happened to be in filer,idaho and called the ol bastid, told him to come to town, I would even buy breakfast before my azz whoopin, he had lots of excuses why he couldn't make it. He needs to saddle up a goat and ride off in the wild blue yonder................

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am shocked this thread is still going on. I love seeing the pics of great deer, but I don't like seeing people on both sides bickering.
I don't know how it started or who started it. But maybe I can be a voice of reason.
Can we go back to seeing the kick a$$ deer Huntsoonora or JG have killed or anyone else for that matter. Heck If Ray has any big deer he is willing to post I'd like to see them. I am all about seeing some big bucks and miss chasing them.
But please if you would on both sides stop the bickering so I can enjoy the pics.

Anyone have some good stories to go along with the big bucks?

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

387 members (1_deuce, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 11point, 56 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.