R
R
dont look like it has hit colorado yet...guess im safe for now

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was talking to a Homeland Security guy I used to work with "back in the day" last week. He told me the Obama people have already presented them with a whole range of legislation from banning firearms to primers,powder, bullets,ammo-you name it and they've thought of it.
They are planning on giving the power to ban weapons to the Attorney General so Congress can avoid the appearance of doing it. The new AG is the Clinton point man for the assault weapons ban.
Don't expect any reasonable compromise. They mean it.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Steve,

You should post this on all the different forums here so all can see it no matter what their interest areas are.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It get posted every month or so by varioous people in different forums. Most know about it..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If everybody knows about it how the hell did Barry Halfwhite get elected? Its not like it was a big secret before the election.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

IC B2

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Originally Posted by BillR
The reality is that the individuals pushing such legislation know it will make no difference in criminal activity. They do it simply because it is a step towards eliminating firearm ownership.
Debate will not win against these people as they have no intention of listening to anything we have to say.
BillR

Absolutely correct. They have no intention of listening to any logical argument, statistics, the 2nd Amendment, or anything else that stands in the way of their agenda. They think they are right and everyone else is wrong -- and nothing at all will sway them. It will all come down to votes in the various states legislatures and the federal legislature. Vote in any and all elections for representatives who will protect your gun rights, or lose them.

Peter

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Skidrow
If everybody knows about it how the hell did Barry Halfwhite get elected? Its not like it was a big secret before the election.

Unfortunately, I think it is part of why he got elected. The problem isn't just the politicians. Each year, with more young people growing up in the city vs. the country and growing up without a connection to hunting and the outdoors, we are losing the war of demographics. People who grow up without this connection often swallow the anti-gun proganda without giving it much thought. Lots of votes come from the big population areas. This is basically what happened in Canada: people in the cities decide for those that live rurally. It comes down to a numbers game and city people have the numbers.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Steve, Were the "indians"!!! frown frown frown Don

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think you're right Don - and we know how things worked out for them frown

It will be interesting to see what will happen. I wonder if at any point they will realize that when they start talking about telling people they can't have something, they want it all the more. Sometimes, a thirst is even created where they hadn't been one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sometimes, a thirst is even created where they hadn't been one.

Kinda like underage drinking. There's no problem with it in Europe where for the most part there's no prohibition on drinking before you're 21. No prohibition....no forbidden fruit....no problem.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Boltman, brother you hit the nail on the head. In Maryland its always 3 sometimes 4 countys and Baltimore city that vote our Libbs into office. But these are the heaviest populated counties and city. The rest of the counties you could paint with a red brush.

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well, when the terrirost attack, it will be the big population areas. Then we'll see how proud they are of their HNIC, Barry Halfwhite.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I certainly agree that terrorist attacks as well as general societal disintegration is going to happen in the large population areas. Looking to the future, I particularly would worry about riots, arson, looting and so on. And, it won't be in small town America that this will be happening on a large scale. When I first heard about restrictive gun laws in Canada I was surprised as I thought of Canada as large open spaces with hunters, trappers etc. I hadn't really thought it through - that the majority of Canadians are not hunters and trappers but live in the big city. And as already stated here, these are the people who vote in the restrictive gun laws.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Make certain you reload, and get those emptys loaded now. Powder and bullets are going to be hard to find!

R
R
if i have to ill make my own powder even if i have to go back to fulminating cotton

L
L
Do these tree huggers have an iddie biddie laser for #8 shot? What about and identification code for Moltov cocktails?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
ok boys, settle down, sell into the hype. keep a few boxes that will fire without doubt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stupid proposal. A way to help ensure it's defeat in your state is to email your thoughts regarding it to your local legislators, the ones you vote for.

And learn to reload if the above idea doesn't work.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
No matter what crap they pass ,anyone can get a gun and ammo!!! every P.D. has a bunch of them!!!! smile smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don,

There is a local city PD(Easton, PA) about 20 miles from me that would likely be better off disarmed. To protect themselves from each other. shocked

I wonder, when(if) TSHTF by way of legislation like this or worse, and acts of revolt are encountered, what will local LEO's do? I'm not looking for any responses to that, purely rhetorical.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,819
Posts18,477,741
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.