Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
lithian Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody know where to find affordable shooting jackets. A buddy had a military-surplus looking one, but he didn't remember where he got it when I asked. Trying to stay below the $45 mark if possible. Thanks for the help!

NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What type of use do you have in mind for your jacket? Casual shooting? Starting out in competition?

If it's the latter, I'd not bother with the cloth surplus coats. They're next to useless. Better to bite the bullet, save your money and get something a bit better. If you get plugged into a local club, you can probably find "used" that would be better for the purpose for a bit more than your budget.

If it's the former, the coat I'm guessing you're looking for is the GP Maes USMC coat. Funny thing is I've shot with the Marines and they don't use the GP Maes coat.

lithian Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just casual right now. Maybe get into a club when I get a bit more skill

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What kind of shooting with what kind of guns?

lithian Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M1A, AR-15. Just got hooked up with some people at an "Appleseed" event. Volunteer instructors teaching some 2nd Amendment history and the AQT from military shooting disciplines. Went to get some exposure to my GF, her sis, and my oldest son (sometimes I'm not the best teacher). It was a lot of fun but harder than I'd imagined!

NRA Life Member
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Google turned up some hits. A jacket with some added straps you can cinch down, and over 2 sweat shirts is better than nothing IMHO.

But if you'll ask at clubs or on nationalmatch.us you might find a used one for double that money and be better off, its how my wife and I started.

Jeff

PS champions choice and champions shooters supply are good places to look and call RE used ones also.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a link to Creedmoor Sports cloth shooting coats that are fairly priced and have features like the hi-end coats. Creedmoor

GOA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Give this guy a try he has the Mil surplus ones and is a Big supporter of the Appleseed project

http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/catalog/acc.asp

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lithian
M1A, AR-15. Just got hooked up with some people at an "Appleseed" event. Volunteer instructors teaching some 2nd Amendment history and the AQT from military shooting disciplines. Went to get some exposure to my GF, her sis, and my oldest son (sometimes I'm not the best teacher). It was a lot of fun but harder than I'd imagined!

lithian,

That would be rifle marksmanship and Revolutionary War history at the Appleseed. Revolutionary War Veterans Association (RWVA)is the force behind the Appleseed movement.

Check out that link to Fred's M14 stocks, he's a major influence in AS.

For any of you that are interested here's where to go for more info.
Appleseed

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What size? My son might have one or two he used to use. Right handed.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by lithian
Anybody know where to find affordable shooting jackets. A buddy had a military-surplus looking one, but he didn't remember where he got it when I asked.

I haven't been there in a while, but first place I thought of was www.jarheadtop.com . Might be worth a look.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 308ld, 2500HD, 11 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.