Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 110 of 1,842 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 1841 1842
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
TZone, That citori still lies somewhere in the bottom of the Mo. river.. That day there were chunks of ice the size of pickups coming down in the current we were dodgin with the boat and a 45 below windchill. If a guy tried to dive the bottom of the river without weights on he'd never make it the current is too strong. He cried bout it for years! Told him thats why ya take a beater scattergun duckhuntin,lol I've never gone out with ice coming down in a boat again either. Now I hunt the bank if its like that and make sure the ducks will land in nomore then 2 feet of water then...

Dave, I know the feeling,

I lost a highschool graduation gifted knife while turkey huntin one spring, we drove over the knife several times with tractors over 5 years. Went home one day and my Bro In Law from deercamp had been huntin behind my house at the time and found the knife, in the middle of a dirt road to get to the field. Still in almost perfect condition, just faded on one side. Great for frogleg choppin or splittin deer rib cages, was Happy to have it back. The Solution Spirit. You unlock once side and flip the handle and it becomes a hatchet. The Spirit came back to me that year too, I killed my biggest buck to date within a few days of gettin the knife back...

Had a Gerber multi tool I lost a few years back and I'm going to be getting another soon, still miss that. cry Forgot bout it till today when you guys mentioned lost knives, will remedy the problem soon. Thanks! wink grin

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Capt BangFlop, BOY You sure do know how to BangFlop stuff!!! Congrats on the Yotes!!!! wink

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by captain_bangflop
Hey ND are you gonna be around next weekend?
Im itchin to get back up there and do some fishin.

Hey first off nice job on the coyotes!! That's really cool! Are you selling the hide or?

next weekend I do plan on being around & I have no plans for anything yet but fishing sounds good. I have to go to Chicago this week but i'll be beck home before the weekend.

I'm hoping this next shot of snow misses us.

I have some pictures to post from saturday's fishing. I'll post them this morning.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Also, we gonna bring a magnet out there & I'm gonna catch my dang knife back off the bottom of that lake.

I hope grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ok it's picture time again.

First here's a picture of ole trusty. sometimes when you have an important job to do, a really tough job that's gonna take a really tough truck, well then you better use your best truck.
[Linked Image]

it's dark but the picture is taken out on the lake after the truck was used to bust a path out to the fish house & plow out a new spot to park the house on, truck also tugged the house on to the new spot.
here's one with the house in the back ground.
[Linked Image]

Stan wanted a picture of the house on the ice, I'll get a better picture next time Stan but for now this will have to do.

this was all friday night in preperation for saturday fishing, Me & My boy Nathan (runs with scissors) did a heap of work friday night to get things ready for saturday.

[Linked Image]

And here we go with the fishing on saturday. It was slow by Lake of the woods standards but we had fun. Me with a terminal case of hat hair & scruffy hobo wisker face.
[Linked Image]

My buddy's boy with a nice keeper.

[Linked Image]

me again, hat now covers the bad hair but there's not much I can do to cover up the ugly.

[Linked Image]

Nate with the fish of the day, It sure was a lot of fun watching him bring this one in. Fishin for walleye but sometimes you get one of these.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/Picture007-1.jpg[/img]

and we couldn't leave my buddy Tom out of the picture taking so we got him with his bigest fish of the day, a personal best for Tom.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/Picture008-1.jpg[/img]

That's about all I've got to report for the weekend.

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice going kid...ya got any pics?

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pics Dave. That ford is a classic. Were the eyes keepers or were they in the slot?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Tom catches eye ballers like I do. grin Is that what you caught the piker with? Did you keep the northeren? Looks like some good eatin there.

We had some Lk. MI salmon I caught earlier this fall. We had around 40 pounds at one point. We're down to about 5#'s or so.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we didn't have to throw any walleye back this time. The biggest one pictured was under the slot by about 3/4"

he's doing a good job at making the fish look really big in the picture grin

yeah we kept the northern. I baked him with butter, lemon & old bay seasoning, wrapped in foil packs.

good stuff.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
yer making me hungry...course that doesn't take much.

on the river here in the spring, we catch a ton of 8-12" walleyes. 12" a guy could almost keep. But the slot is 15-under 20, and 1 over 28"

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ours is 19.5 to 28

one over 28

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
we fished out at gull rock on north side on saturday, kept about 8 nice eyes, theres some snow on the pond for sure. it was a good day even though the captain never made it out of the bag, the busch did though. lots of little ones and the keepers were exceptional fishies.....

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Captain... keep tipping those yotes over, there are way too many of them around.

ND... the Captain's mom's cousin has a charcoal grill recipe that came from Alaska for halibut that works great for snot rockets (aka northern pike). I am not a great fan of them, but with her recipe I could eat them on a regular basis. I'll see if she will get it posted in the near future.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah that would be good.

charcoal is kind of my thing anyways.

[Linked Image]

charcoal & oak wafers
[Linked Image]

backstrap loaves & a big veggi pouch.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/taylorkodak004.jpg[/img]

or maybe some ribs, brats, corn, taters, burgers?

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/DSC01049.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/DSC01052.jpg[/img]

I like my charcoal grin

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
You're killing me... looks awesome. We also live on grilled things here.

The hide isnt worth anything right now around here, im not really sure why. But i know a guy that likes tanning hides so i gave them to him.

Old yeller looks like she had a good time bustin through that snow to the house. Looks like you guys had a pretty good days of fishin to me, cant wait to get up there.

"The Boy"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm a charcol guy too, seem to over cook or just plain old burn whatever I cook on the gas grill.

Have yet to get on the ice this season, waiting to hear from a bud and spend the weekend. Another guy I talked to on Friday has a messed up work schedule, if it snows he has to plow...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I have to get some action photos of ole yeller busting snow.

Like I told Nate while he rode shotgun, if you can't see where you are going, then you're doing it right. grin

And we could definately not see where we were going. Must have been sending snow 25' in the air.

It was a vioelntly good time!
grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cold report: Minus 36.6 *F right now. Ridiculous!

Craig

Wood is Good.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Fun. We have -5, -25 w/wind chill. We're supposed to get the crap you have starting tomorrow and lasting to who knows when.

Page 110 of 1,842 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (1OntarioJim, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.