N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
-40 this morning up here.

not kidding.

that's damn cold.

I leave for Chicago for a couple of days at around noon today.

you boys & girls hold the fort down at the campfire forums here.

Something clever here.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
my truck showed -40 this morning on the way to work as well dave. gotta love it! quite the warm up coming saturday in time to hit the big pond too.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
phone picture from inside my truck this morning.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah not real happy here, schools 2 hours late and it is colder now then it was this am.

These idiots we have running the schools seem to forget that kids need to walk home after school as well or wait for the parents to get off work.

And they lock the bus transfer kids out of the buidling.

Somedays I ask myself what happened to common sense. -20 +/- 5 degrees right now depending on where you look and getting colder with the wind picking up.

Seriously considering keeping the monkeys home tommorow.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I worry about my little girl waiting for the bus too. I will wait with her in the car tomorrow if it is too cold.

-40...man that's F'ing cold.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by captain_bangflop
The hide isnt worth anything right now around here, im not really sure why.

Hey congrats on the yotes boy! Good Job! I talked to the guy at the Fur Shed in Downer when I brought my deer hides in. I asked if he was buying coyote hides. He said all the fur is way down in price. Has something to do with China. He said right now he is just buying animals at auctions and building an inventory for when the market turns around. He also said the main auction house that he buys from has like 200,000 coyote hides that are not moving. So they are not worth anything at all right now. Its the old supply and demand thing. You should have tanned that first yote. Yer momma wants more dead things hangin in the house she said...........er.........Yep.....thats what she said. "I wish the boy would bring home more dead stuff to hang in the house" I believe those were her exact words I'm pretty sure sort of.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
I worry about my little girl waiting for the bus too. I will wait with her in the car tomorrow if it is too cold.

-40...man that's F'ing cold.

Yep. Time to break out the hat and gloves. Dang weather! crazy

This winter is getting old already. Normally a guy can pass the time by ice fishing in a nice warm fish house but where I am at, there is so much snow on the lakes and their flooding so bad that its not even worth bringing the house out again.

The wife or I normally wait with the kids in a vehicle for the bus if its gets too far below the donut. Tomorrow morning it will be hard for the vehicles to even get warm.

Pack your extra clothes and boots on your travels tomorrow fellas. If your vehicle should sucumb to this #$@! weather, it would not take long at all for you to turn into a man-sicle.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Pack your extra clothes and boots on your travels tomorrow fellas. If your vehicle should sucumb to this #$@! weather, it would not take long at all for you to turn into a man-sicle.

Good advise right there Rooster. I have a ton of hat/gloves/socks in the rig. I'm usually wearing boots, so that isn't an issue.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sounds like tonight and Thursday night are going to be even worse. minus 50 in Northern MN wouldn't surprise me any. Stay warm everyone.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dang Dave! Last year during a brutal cold snap he gets sent to california. Now he gets sent to chicago where its a balmy 11 degrees. He's probably window shopping in a t-shirt.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He's asking the ladies at Hooters if they've ever used Monkey Butt, because it really does work. grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
grin

He actually just sent me a text saying he is on his way back to the room to get ready for the Blackhawks game with locker room passes after the game. I'm not a big hockey fan but that sounds like a pretty good time!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hockey groupie chicks rule!!! You'll have to trust me on this one. Take me fishing...I got stories.

I don't know how you dudes can live up there and not be hockey fans. You guys probably live in one ofthe best spots in the country for high school hockey.

VIP passes sounds cool to me.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Hockey groupie chicks rule!!! You'll have to trust me on this one. Take me fishing...I got stories.

I don't know how you dudes can live up there and not be hockey fans. You guys probably live in one ofthe best spots in the country for high school hockey.

VIP passes sounds cool to me.

Dave lives in high school hockey country USA. I live 3 hours south of him where small town hockey does not exist so I never got the chance to really get into it at all. Be interested to hear these grouper...er......groupie fishing stories! cool

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The question is does CaptBangFlop have any stories about the groupies? Will Dave have any new stories after tonight is an even Bigger question?

Me I can tell ya it is minus 2 right now with the windchill and heading for 25 or 30 below with an actual temp of 5 below. The story is I'm sitting in the car keeping it warm waiting for the wife to do the grocery shoppin tonight and I see some groupies in Tshirts coming out of the store! TSHIRTS!!! The lights around the store were bright tonight they must have cleaned the lights.. Can't believe the college kids are so worried about style they don't wear coats in this weather, but I guess I can tolerate it ok. cool grin

Me I put on my insulated blizzard proof bibs, insulated vest, 4 in 1 duck huntin parka and a hat all before I left the office. All that and I still have 5 pairs of coveralls and a Pile of coats and sweatshirts in the car just incase. Style, Nah I'd rather smile at how cool the power of Mother Nature really is.. Stay warm guys and keep the kiddos taken care of in this cold, my other tip of the day is Corn Huskers Lotion for the hands to keep them from cracking due to the little 5 minute exposures to the cold. wink

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What I would give for -2.

Started my tahoe this am in my tshir and boxers and the thero on the mirror said -21.

You boys with -40 and colder are frickin nuts. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh Yeah, can't wait to hear about the hockey groupie stories myself...just about jumping out of my skin with excitement........NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, ma is booking a trip to anywhere in the world. Pa can go with, pa can stay home...ma is outta here very soon.

Have a good day all. Glad to see you boys are keeping the fire going at the deercamp. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
- 2 would be time to start tinkering with the boat motor! grin

No. Its cold. Damn cold. I had to laugh tzone, about the boxer and t-shirt vehicle starts. Only in the north country at pre-dawn can you see half naked grown men running as fast as they can in short little tip toe strides to avoid slipping on the snow and ice to start a vehicle. A vehicle that does not like you at this point. Kinda like a wife that gets woken up at 4:00 am by you belly flopping on the bed and saying "honey...you havsh to gesh up. We havsh to go gitsh mysh buddy whosh went in the dish." Yeah that kind of dislike.... Yesterday morning, I went out in my camo robe and what can only be described as "old man" slippers. (The really ugly slip on kind with completely smooth soles) I'm doing the tip toe trot and hit ice on the driveway slab. I didn't fall but I did twists and turns and used muscles I didn't even know I had to stay upright. I remember thinking this is what a scared orangutan being chased across a skating rink must look like. blush

They are talking 30* above for Sunday here. That is going to be awesome!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
OH Hey Ma! I was wondering how long it would take you to chime in! grin I'm sure Dave was too busy buying you something nice from chicago to even pay attention to any dumb old hockey groupies! He is not their type anyway. He has all his teeth. wink

grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rooster7,
3 hours south of Dave is still high school hockey country...what da heck is going on there. Where approximately are you at? Although it doesnt have the flavor or history of NDs area, it still is a pretty cool and well attended sport.

I am sure ND was in his hotel room early watching ESPN highlights of the game.

-30 at mi casa. The dog looked back at me when I opened the door for her with a look that said "can't I just whiz on the carpet today?". "Uh, no. Get your arse out there" was my response. Twice. Then I had to push her out the door. She sure was frisky when I let her back in.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 111 of 1,842 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (1_deuce, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 10 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.