Print Thread
Hop To
Page 112 of 1,842 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
Oh Yeah, can't wait to hear about the hockey groupie stories myself...just about jumping out of my skin with excitement........NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, ma is booking a trip to anywhere in the world. Pa can go with, pa can stay home...ma is outta here very soon.

Have a good day all. Glad to see you boys are keeping the fire going at the deercamp. grin

er..ah...hi there mrsnorthern_dave, I didn't know you still read this thread. grin

That was all just made up stuff...ya cause it's the internet and all. whistle

Pick somewhere warm for your trip, this weather is really starting to wear me out.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
- 2 would be time to start tinkering with the boat motor! grin

Yeah, I know. But the problem is it takes all day to get the boat in the water by the time you chop a hole in the ice.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Chopping? c'mon that is what leftover powder from ml seasaon is for innit.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

-30 at mi casa. The dog looked back at me when I opened the door for her with a look that said "can't I just whiz on the carpet today?". "Uh, no. Get your arse out there" was my response. Twice. Then I had to push her out the door. She sure was frisky when I let her back in.

I got the same response from da wife. grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Rooster7,
3 hours south of Dave is still high school hockey country...what da heck is going on there. Where approximately are you at? Although it doesnt have the flavor or history of NDs area, it still is a pretty cool and well attended sport.

Actually I live right in between about the only two schools nearby that are large enough to support a hockey program. Moorhead (which has a good hockey history)and DL. The next closest would be the Fargo schools. The school I attended is about like the majority in this area. Football, basketball, volleyball and wrestling are about the only sports. Some don't even have a wrestling program. So I'm not saying we don't have hockey at all in this neck of the..woo.....er farmland. Its just that the vast majority of the schools don't even have a program. So therefore not much interest in it.

Last edited by Rooster7; 01/15/09.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
- 2 would be time to start tinkering with the boat motor! grin

Yeah, I know. But the problem is it takes all day to get the boat in the water by the time you chop a hole in the ice.

Makes trolling tough.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ahh, I see. I am from Alex and we had an okay hockey program. Nothing too successful, but fun to watch.

Yep, the Spuds have a good program.

Man, ND leaves and the rest of us all get in trouble with Mrs ND. He is NOT gonna be happy with us watching over the place. Someone send him a handwarmer and a bottle of schnapps or something and mebbe he wont remember it in the mornin'.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
dave, that lucky duck going to the blackhawks game, If you didnt know theres a local roso boy on the blackhawks they call him "buff" good kid too. only -28 here this morning on the truck, no pictures since daves not here. it almost feels like a heat wave coming in. Having fun Dave?

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Who is in trouble with Pam?? grin I Finally coaxed her out of the woodwork again...lol.. Sorry MrsNrthnDave, I had to do it... wink I swear I never meant to be the trouble maker.. blush laugh

Now my buddy Dave on the other hand well ummmmm, buddy Dave has er taken another errrr ummmm trip, me bets it may just be time for Pam to take a trip and tell a story or two as well... Lookout kids DaddyDave will be incharge.. grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wabo
Lookout kids DaddyDave will be incharge.. grin

Mayo, jelly,and cheese sammiches all around.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
ChickenBuck and Goggle eye soup with a side of elk on the grill, Cold Mountain Dew and Hot COCO mixed drinks.. crazy

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
kinda sound good.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey ND, when you gonna move that house to a prime snot rocket catchin hole?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
When does the good fishing start for those suckers? I always thought it was late ice, but you guys talk like the time is now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ahh, I see. I am from Alex and we had an okay hockey program. Nothing too successful, but fun to watch.

Alex huh??

Since its slow and all were doing is talking about the cold and getting Dave in trouble with Ma Dave, let me tell ya a little story about my first and only time downhill skiing. I used to date this girl that hailed from Montana. She liked to ski and talked me into going to Alex to the ski resort. Sounds simple enough right? Well we get there and rent our gear and go outside and latch our ski's on. (This is where the adventure begins) I'm standing there after struggling to get my ski's latched. Who would have known a 2 degree slope could put a grown man on his azz that fast?? I have to take my ski's back off in order to get up. An instructor type person see's me struggling and says come on over to the bunny hill and get used to it before you go up there (pointing toward what looked like to me...Mt. Everest) So I make my way over to the bunny hill where its me, the instructor and about 20 little kids. There is a mechanical pulley system with a rope that ideally your supposed to grab ahold of and let it drag you to the top. Well I get in line and all these kids are lining up behind me. I grab the rope and start going and my ski's cross, one on top of the other and the rope keeps pulling me over and down I go. Now I got about 5 little kids piled up on top of me with ski's and poles sticking out everywhere. I finally make it to the top and fell about four times on the way down...the BUNNY hill. Now I'm frustrated because at that time I was in good shape, played alot of sports etc. I was done with this skiing crap. The girl I was with said my problem was "the bunny hill was too slow. It's much easier to manuever on ski's when your going faster" So I let her talk me into going on the lift and up the "mountain". Were standing there waiting for an empty chair to come around and I'm so busy trying to stay upright and thinking about getting on the moving chair that when it came I panicked and dropped my poles and launched myself on to it. The people behind us kindly brought my poles to the top. Now were riding up and I'm thinking "Ok...how in the he!! am I going to get off this thing??" We get to the "hop off point" and I jump, promptly landing flat on my back and the other people had to jump off their chairs from the side while I layed there flopping like a walrus trying to get out of the way. Now I've really HAD it and I'm determined to get back down and go home. We head over to this run and the girl tells me "just remember to 'snowplow' so you don't go so fast and you'll do fine" Well it was too late I'm already going what felt like Mach 4 down this hill and she's yelling SNOW PLOW! SNOW PLOW! I have no idea what this means so I'm streaking down this hill (picture Chevy Chase on the saucer sled from the movie Christmas Vacation) and come to a corner that you have to make if you don't want to become one with a tree. I lean left and there is a little side hill that juts out towards the main course and now I'm airborn. I come down all tucked like a pro racer and now I'm really flyin towards all the hustle and bustle down below. When I hit the level ground this kid (about 5 yrs old) comes sking across in front of me and I yell "get out of the way!" He looks up and is frozen with fear as I'm coming at him about 50 mph. Instinctivley, I reach out and grab him by his jacket and pick him up and now were both careening out of control. He is screaming bloody murder and I'm just trying to stay upright so I don't kill us both. I finally come to a stop and let the kid down who at this point is so scared that he is doing the thing when they cry so hard that their quiet for about 20 seconds and then just let out a big long beller. I'm shaking and his mom ski's over and grabs the kid by the hand and gave me the coldest, meanest glare I have ever seen. The girl comes down and ski's up to me and asks if I'm alright and says "ok we can go home now" I paused for a second and said "are you kidding me?! That was a RUSH!"

I had a ball the rest of the day on those little slopes in Alexandria.

True Story!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
When does the good fishing start for those suckers? I always thought it was late ice, but you guys talk like the time is now.

You can get them all winter but late ice is typically the best. That is when they come up into the flats to feed before heading up the river. Late february through march. Ya comin with us this year Tom??

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey guys, what's going on here?

Chicago was neat. Nice & warm this time of year. On Thursday they said they were having there coldest day in 13 years.
We left our coats back at the room that day, it was a very nice break from the cold back home grin

here are a couple of pictures.

view from our room.
[Linked Image]

Chicago Blackhawks locker room with NHL player Dustin B, number 33 great guy.
[Linked Image]

And then here's me using a public rest room at the convention center. I thought it was strange but, oh well. Nobody seemed to be very shy in Chicago so, let-r-fly I guess.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You can get them all winter but late ice is typically the best. That is when they come up into the flats to feed before heading up the river. Late february through march. Ya comin with us this year Tom??

FN'A I'm comin with ya this year...

Give me a GOOD notice as to when to haul my fat azz up there. Two weeks notice would be great if ya know that far in advance, but a week anyway so I can get off work.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That is a F'n funny ski story. My son would have thought it was fun and asked if you'd take him again. That little dude is nutz sometimes.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
WTF....Ya gotta have a Wild sweater on in that locker room. grin

Well at least ya pizzed in the street. grin

That is way to much glass and concrete for me.

Got any good groupie stories? grin mrsnorther_dave can't wait to hear them. whistle

Page 112 of 1,842 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, afisher, 6 invisible), 1,469 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.