Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I was feeling ok tonight so my daughter and I go out to dinner and on to the mall to see what MAcy's had on sale. (And NO...Im not so sick that I have lost the desire to shop.....LOL)

She drug me into this teen store where all the clothes are made to fit anorexic cheerleaders and extremely gay boys who are built like girls.

I find a tee shirt that I really liked and took it to the counter to pay. The punkass kid behind the counter starts trying to sell me this eco friendly bag to put my t shirt in. I say no thank you,,,yet she persists in telling me that we need to save the planet. im loosing my patience at this point..aside from the fact that I can set me nausea by the clock after I take the chemo. I was getting sick fast and needed to get out of there. Finally, after much persistence, I say.."Look kid, Im not a tree hugger and I could not care less about the damn rain forrest." I went on to say... "I know you are doing what you have to do but Im really not interested." That is the point where she GOES OFF ON ME! She said, "ITs people like you that are killing our earth."

I sat my bag down and got right in her face and said..."Kid...I got enough chemicals in me to light up three mile island....I also have cancer with a bad temper on the side so I have nothing to lose by embarrasing you really BAD."

She was more than happy to give me my shirt and change......

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You go girl!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
that's exactly what that eco-punk-ass-kid needed to hear

GO Kat !!!

more prayers sent ^^^ for a speedy recovery

perhaps I can fix a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo and send it your way wink

www.raginblaze.com - Cajun Seasoning with a Southwest Flare

Low sodium, No MSG, infused with smoked chipotle peppers

other seasonings/mixes: taco, chili, fajita, jerky, sausage seasoning, seafood boil, N.O. style coffee & chicory, beignet mix.....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Way to go. grin

There are days when putting up with crap is not on the menu. I have had a day where nothing has been able to keep the pain away. I try not to let those around me know I am in pain, after all it my problem not theirs. Today I am not so sure I have been the ideal father/husband. There are days like that. I will do my best to make it up to them tomorrow.

Hang in there and let me know if the chemo causes you problems with soap. I have provided my home made olive oil soap for several chemo patients who had problems with store bought soap. Anything we can do to make it a little better for you let us know.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well done for chewing on the eco tard! you rule!!!

will keep praying for you kat.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nah..ain't the chemo. You were alway's mean as hell...what makes you HOT. Chemo just makes you less patient.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Motivation to get well I'd think. There are a lot more stores in the world. I hope you buy T-shirts in all of 'em.

Jeff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well...I am one of those freaks that turn off the lights/heat/air...so as not to kill fish. I cut up plastics so birds don't get hung up.....and recycle more than I put in the trash.

Call me a greeny....but I do what I can.....when I can.....cuz I can. Choices, as I see it.

I can see your not having time for it, though....but they are just kids getting paid off of what they can dance. Better that than the other options.....

Glad you got out and are feeling a tad better. We are all pulling for you!!!

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Global warming is the largest con pulled on the least mentaly fit. Some of Americas youth are beyond ignorant of the truth and history that made us who we are. Most scientist are now backing out of the Global warming scam in order to save some credability. On top of that you were out living....or as you call it shopping LOL.

Have to be OUT THERE!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I wouldn't call that mean. When people try to tell or sell you something, that's OK. When you tell them "Thaks, but no thanks", that should end it. If they get in your face about it, it's your right to kick some azz. Probably not the chemo anyway. Your just getiin' old and crotchety like the rest of us. wink laugh laugh And glad you got out and did something, too.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I knew you had it in ya all the time...so how does the tee shirt look on you. Need any water? Dayum, I am truly bad at times. Glad to see you are still feisty. Get well, soon, ok?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is it the chemo or are ya on high dose steroids to decrease the side effects?

Happy shopping!

220 Swift still king.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Give 'em hell, Kat!

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Mean? Heck no! I call that warranted. I wish I could of been next in line so I could be laughing at you totally pwning that moron. Good for you Kat in standing your ground! smile

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My neighbor has a couple of aggessive rottweilers that he turns out in the early morning as we're leaving for our walk. Could you come over and take them on for me?

Actually, it sounds like they might just be dripping about 4 ounces of ever clear into your tube. Sounds to me like you're doing just fine. Keep it up, 1Minute

1Minute
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Good on you for speaking your mind. God bless and touch you, you are in my prayers every night. Speak your mind whenever you want.

Joel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn, you sound like my wife.................No wonder I like you! grin

Joanne is the return queen, no matter what it is, no matter how inexpensive it is, if it ain't right it's going back and if you are the store owner you better just replace it or refund her money........Period! whistle

God I love strong women! smile

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It will be nine years this month since I sat in a infusion room and watched a CHEMO bag drip into my arm.......

That stuff really works.

Be of good hope.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by NurseKat
I was feeling ok tonight so my daughter and I go out to dinner and on to the mall to see what MAcy's had on sale. (And NO...Im not so sick that I have lost the desire to shop.....LOL)

She drug me into this teen store where all the clothes are made to fit anorexic cheerleaders and extremely gay boys who are built like girls.
LMAO.. I love it...

I find a tee shirt that I really liked and took it to the counter to pay. The punkass kid behind the counter starts trying to sell me this eco friendly bag to put my t shirt in. I say no thank you,,,yet she persists in telling me that we need to save the planet. im loosing my patience at this point..aside from the fact that I can set me nausea by the clock after I take the chemo. I was getting sick fast and needed to get out of there. Finally, after much persistence, I say.."Look kid, Im not a tree hugger and I could not care less about the damn rain forrest." I went on to say... "I know you are doing what you have to do but Im really not interested." That is the point where she GOES OFF ON ME! She said, "ITs people like you that are killing our earth."

I sat my bag down and got right in her face and said..."Kid...I got enough chemicals in me to light up three mile island....I also have cancer with a bad temper on the side so I have nothing to lose by embarrasing you really BAD."

She was more than happy to give me my shirt and change......
Right then I would have handed it back, demanded a refund, and left the shirt on the counter; all the while telling little punk-azz to stuff it up her keister and block all the METHANE she's killing the earth with...

Good story, Kat... Kudos to you..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kat, when you're going through hell...keep going.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 16penny, 14 invisible), 1,565 guests, and 759 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.