Were all the fish eyeballers?

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Mostly walleye, a few sauger, couple of perch.

we thought it was slow enough fishing on saturday but when we went back out on sunday morning is was a dead sea. nothing hapening.

But I have a couple pictures from saturday though.

The first thing I did was to tie on a god strong magnet & drop it down my fishing hole to try to catch the knife I lost last week. I got it!! grin

My catch of the day!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

here's the outside of the ugly foam fish house.

[Linked Image]

here's the portable that the boys fished in for half the day.

[Linked Image]

here's weezy waiting for a fish

[Linked Image]

here's Pam & our youngest with a fish they both kind of caught.

power grin.
[Linked Image]

back at home, picture of bangflop & his buddies with the fish we brought home.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam021.jpg[/img]

bangflop with a birthday cake.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam022.jpg[/img]

and a surprise b-day present.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam024.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam033.jpg[/img]

and I gotta throw this one in here just because i thought it was so dang cute.

our boy "plays with matches" telling his big brother a secret. He had to flip up his big brother's hat & whisper right into his ear.

Just a few moments earlier the little guy got one of those temperary ringing tones in his right ear & he was going around to everyone pressing his ear against their ear telling them to listen to the sound inside his ear. grin

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam003.jpg[/img]

We had a good fish fry last night, fun weekend. Now for a peaceful evening & we're back to work tomorrow.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

Thanks for sharing, looks like a Wonderful Weekend!!! Wow looking at all that ice and snow up there is killing me. We have the cold air, well cold enough for snow but hardly a skiff the entire year. Can you send some snow like maybe a foot or two down Please?? Its cold enough that ice chunks floating down the Mo. river have shut the fairy down but we have no snow.. cry

Flipping through my catalogs tonight I found a new Must have item, Alaskan style fur hat in ORANGE.. I Gotta have one for next year!!! Anyone else still thinking deer?

Hey everyone my internet quit workin for a few days thats why i havent been on here.

ND, me and my buddies had a AWESOME weekend. They were talkin as soon as we left your house as to when were gonna come up next.

And for the bday present... I LOVE IT!!!. Thanks so much. The first thing i did when i got home was toss a couple cans out in the yard and started puttin holes in them. smile

And about them water wolves(snot rockets) rooster and tzone were talkin bout, i think the next trip i take up is gonna be, 1 day eye fishin and the next day is gonna be spent pullin in the big toothy critters. Last year i went up there in early January gator fishin and i did just as good then as i did the first weekend in April, so you can get into them anytime of the winter.

"The Boy"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Glad you guys had fun.

Yeah it's true, you can get into the northerns really good right now but it is bound to shut off soon. Usually in Feb it starts falling off. Not to say you can't still get them Feb-march but it does slow down for a spell.

We'll have to pick out a spot to maybe put the big foam house for northerns.

Ya know, south buffalo at around 16 ft wouldn't be a dumb place to set up, could fish walleyes there too.

Wabo, yeah I still think about deer.

We have a trail cam that we need to put out & we have to start thinking about maybe a food plot or 2 this summer, and more stand work.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good Gravy! That's one hog looking sauger the young 'uns got there! Even had to gaff him. grin

One nice fish. I've always wanted about a 4-5 pounder to mount. Mine are always pretty small. Prettier than any ole yellow pickerel anyday, I think.

Craig

Wood is Good.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

What about some Snow, can ya help a guy out? cry laugh

Just how big is the lake you guys are out on now, what kind of acreage? Looks like you can drive forever in that background and stay on the lake?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Looks like a great weekend boys. Not much around here. I worked on saturday, had company holiday party last night. Was almost too tired to get drunk...almost.

Tday, regular family stuff, grocries, swiming with the fam. I have cabin fever like nobody's busniess. Minimag keeps asking me to take him camping so he can drive the boat...

We should get my little bugger and yours together to reek havoc this year. Mrstzone says the two litte dudes look a lot alike...you weren't down here in late '04 were ya. grin

Nice walleyes and saugers too. I think the biggest sauger I've caught is about 12".

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Captain,

glad to see ya got the 'net working again. Did you wear out that barrel on the wheel gun yet? I sold a little single six before I ever fired a shot through it...more than a stupid move on my part.

Cool present. Careful kid...don't shoot yer eye out. grin

Tom

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Actually come to think of it we do get some really nice saugers up here. 16" sauger isn't all that uncommon.

You guys like the gaffed sauger huh? Yeah that's the only way those 2 would take the picture because neither of them wanted to hold the angry pointy poky fish grin

Wabo, the lake is around 345,000 acres.

It's actually easier to measure in sq miles grin

bout 540 sq miles.

Yes a lot of folks do stay out on the lake, we haven't yet in this house. The heater is a vent free style LP heater & although I have vents in the walls of the fish house to let fresh air in I am still nervous about sleeping in it. A vented heater that vents out through the ceiling is best in my opinion. Better draft no matter the wind direction.

The vent free type of heater with wall vents in the house like I have is maybe just fine but I don't have a carbon monoxide detector in the house so... not worth the risk.

It is not a night fishing lake anyways. the sun goes down & the bite turns off, so sleeping there is only convenient for being there the next morning, not having to drive home, that sort of thing.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I know a lot of lakes with a poor nite bite. Kind of against the grain for what most people think about walleyes.

Lake Dubay, my home waters here, is a much better daytime bite for walleyes, most fish for that matter. It is pretty brackish water and time of day doesn't seem to matter much. Last season, 11:00am was the magic time for some reason. It held true right up through fall in the spots I was fishing.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Ruger Single Six...darn nice little plinker ya got there Bangflop! That will be fun for shooting gophers this spring! I love doing that with my Ruger MK 2. Good times!

So Dave I'm curious, how long did it take you to find your knife in that murky water?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Gophers....you should be shootin' Badgers. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I almost gave up dipping that magnet, bobbing it off the bottom.

loosing faith in my plan when I pulled the magnet line up once in haste expecting nothing & it comes into view at the bottom of the ice with the knife stuck to it. I knocked the knife loose off the magnet on the ice & watched it fall once again!! shocked

I dropped the magnet immediately & I don't know if the magnet caught the knife on the way to the bottom or if I landed on it just right but when I pulled it back up the knife was on there again!!

So I actually sent it to the bottom twice & caught it twice.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
nice catchin' there dave!! sounds like a much more productive outing than we had out to the rock last weekend for sure. its not often you get skunked out there but it happened again. maybe it was the other guy i was fishing with, kinda bad luck i am starting to think!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wow. shoulda bought a lottery ticket on the way home that day Dave. smile

I showed mrstzone you fishin' shack pics on sunday nite and she thought it was "pretty neat".

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It's all pretty bad buschy. I know of one guy that did well on whisky flats, heard of another that did very well at stony point, but that's it.

and those are portable access only spots, especially stony.

I'm not sure if i've got a stony trip in me this year. I usually try to go once every year but, man, I'm run down.

don't think it's gonna happen this year.

I'm thinking about a snowmobile weekend at the chickenbuck. sounds relaxing, I could use some relaxing.

I can hear the wood stove cracklin now.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That could be fun out at chickenbuck in the winter time...nice toasty evening in the shack chilling and reminiscing...I am headed to ontario out on a trout adventure in a couple weeks on sleds hoping to have some great action up there. you'll have to let us know when the chickenbuck opens up!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
OK I'll let you know.

the old yellow snow bully might head out there to bust the trail open this week.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
pflueger pringle mix, or...

Ruger single six ...

is a hit.

happy young man, happy uncle/cusin dave.

From dave & pam to the boy, a sign of love & trust.

We love you kid.

Worth a bump this post is. Sometimes so much can be said with just a few words .

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Page 114 of 1,842 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.